Cyberpunk 2077 dr12 quasar pistol

Probably not🤔
Being a split body blaster, gluing it would mean you won’t be able to get the body to open for repairs/mods.
Top pic rail anyway

1 Like

Got my clue blaster in today. Dont have time to play with yet, but let loose a few hundred rounds.
On stock 2s lipo, did 10 rps, hanging around 150 fps. VERY old milkies used.
Mag is smaller then Id like, didnt get a count but probably 75 with another 15 in the feeder tube.
Ergonomics not the best for me, pushed hard on the base of my thumb but did like being able to hold it like a mini m4.
Single shot will feed double, blank, double, blank ect so has something funky going on inside.
Battery comartment is tiny, the stock lipo barely fits.
Overall, its a decent little package. Its for my 5 yo and I think it will fit him well. Its small, light and after some mods, should do what I want it to do.

4 Likes

Noiiiiiice :sunglasses:
I took mine out for one end of a game on the weekend as I was testing the mosfet in the baby Barrett.
Actually got 4 kills with it🤣

3 Likes

yeah got mine yesterday, was playing with it and noticed the double feeds thinking it was the gellets that came with the blaster but if you figure out any mods for it please let us know

Did a tear down. Wanted to add longer barrel, or at least match ve ratio. A stronger spring, lube and tighten up seals. Theres tooany screws to take apart, and a hidden screw or 2.
The gearbox is the same, or at least very similar to the bf mac 10. Thoes can be gotten in metal but i image would need a bit of custom work to fit. As soon as I lwt loose the last screw, it sproinged l apart. Yay.

Some poor craftmanship went into the soldering. Id expect this to be neg, but not positive. Both leads were red, so not positive.

Barrel is a thin walled alum. Mine was glued in with super glue, or similar. Was a bitch to get out. Esp since the t piece is either not nylon or a good nylon. Its a 7.8mm id, and im hoping that explains my double feed issue. Replaced with a 130mm 7.5 barrel to closer match ve.

3 Likes

Some random measurments

5 Likes

Assembled gearbox gears, hopfully correct as its a bitch to keep all the springs from popping out.

No way in hell Id beable to get a pic with cylinder, tappet and main spring. Already needed an extra hand to put it together. Stock did come with 1 shim, so thats encouraging. I couldnt test shimming because there isnt access to the gears once closed.

The cylinder seal wasnt the best. I cut a standard green ring up to be a bit smaller, glued it amd stuffed it in. Its better but not great. The nozzle leakes pretty good. Some thick grease helped.

Now iv too many drinks to continue the rest. Will wrap it up tomorrow for testing.

5 Likes

I was looking at one of these gearboxes as they seem identical

2 Likes

Nice and comprehensive details, certainly a good guide for anyone dismantling and looking to modify :+1:

According to one website i found, the mauri and JG/wells (black ones) gearboxes arnt the same, ones slightly smaller. Other retails say its interchangeable. Neither metal one has the centering holes present in the nylon one.
They both seem pretty sold out regardless. The one site that had one wants 40$ shipping… ooff.
Zhen has metal gears at least.

Put it back togethther. Broke a tooth off a spur gear before it even turned over. Bummer. Dont know if its the longer spring or improper assembly that did it in. Metal gears ordered from zhen. As much as id like to try a metal box, I cant justify 100$ with shipping on a box that may or may not fit.
Will have a pvc outter barrel to hide everything later.

4 Likes

thanks for the tear down guy, i’m super new to this hobby and this is my first blaster, what would you recommend doing to it out of the box for best performance? i know you were saying something about greasing some parts

1 Like

do you have a link to that gearbox?

1 Like

We dont know if the gearbox fits, so id skip for now. I wouldnt even reccomend opening the box as its a pain to close even if your familiar with whats inside. Im not sure theres much room for big improvments in this blaster, the gearbox, spring and cylinder is all pretty small.

Get a hopup, any that attach directly to the barrel would work. Not a thread on. The small/14mm rizer is a good hopup.

Otherwise a mag or 2, a speed loader and some decent gels are all good investments.
If you have a 7.8mm inside diameter barrel and can get it out of the plastic t-peice, replacing that with a 7.5mm one would help accuracy and range.

This is just an example, any alloy or “metal” 7.5 barrel is fine. Just dont get 7.2-7.3mm or a steel barrel. Not needed for this case. Would cut it down to ~120mm and chamfer the cut end, reglue into t peice with just a small dab of hot glue.

When you want more, step up to something with bigger internals like an m4 or scar. Theres more aftermarket support, easier to work on and just for info on these.

The 2077 is damn cool looking, and im sad i broke it before i could give it to the kid - his birthday is next week. Its winter here so we arnt playing anyway.
Should have done what i told you to do. Hopup and barrel and call it a day!

1 Like

thanks i’m going to get another tube, the gel balls im using right now barely fire and most explode inside the barrel. keep in mind im in the US and just grabbing some gels from the shelf at walmart. do you have a recommendation for gels that wont flat out explode? also i prinited out an 14mm ccw attachment for the d-12 would a hop up still work? thanks so much!

yeah i was planning on grabbing a vector next or honey badger

2 Likes

Im in the us too, we arnt many!
If you can add a threaded adapter, yes a threaded hopup is fine. Usa gel ball purchases arnt frequent. Most sell the same garbage.

Any ausgel here is fine, but start with the milkies.
Otherwise I order from zhenduo or aliexpress. Slow shipping, questionable customer service but saves some change.
Aka tenacity or “best bang” can be had from both and are generally decent.

Walmart gels SHOULD still fire mostly fine in this blaster. They are generally soft, mishapen and grown inconsistency. But generally work in lower powered stuff acceptability well. Grow them for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight in plenty of water.

Have you got a link to the metal gears that you ordered?:thinking:

@Bigmuthadrums

They have the nozzle too.

Shipping time 2-3 days to usa. From zhenduo! Its like its my birthday!

4 Likes

idk, maybe i’m just doing it wrong i’m using the gel baster brand . i soaked the gels overnight and now they only fire out of the blaster if i hold it upside down but the do fire pretty consistently then lol here’s a link to the file i use to print out the adaptor RX617 Desert Eagle Gel Blaster Replacement Barrel End With 14mm Counter Clockwise Thread by FlorianHahn - Thingiverse