Cyberpunk 2077 dr12 quasar pistol

Few things to look at. If you prime it, do you hear the mag motor going?
Do you have calipers to measure the gels? Too small of gels sometimes wont feed proper. They should be 7.3-7.5mm. If in doubt, soak them longer. For this case, you can let them soak for days or weeks.
Hell, iv got gells from 5 months ago sitting in water and are usable. Mishapen and a bit big, but usable. Thats not reccomended though!

3 Likes

thanks for the info sir, I couldn’t responded for a few days because my account was new, tell me do you have to keep priming your to get it to fire consecutively?

1 Like

No, you should not have to. When you switch/refill a mag or occasionally in the middle real quick.

I would be amazed if someone managed to make a gel blaster version of the Militech M-10AF Lexington or the Malorian Arms 3516 (aka Johnny Silverhand’s pistol).

Those are my 2 fav pistols from the game.

1 Like
1 Like

I have problems :pensive:

7 Likes

Crazy enough, it might just work :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Waddaya mean you might have problems?

You’ve always been a nutcase from the very start! :flushed::joy:

In my defence, I never said ‘might’:sweat_smile:

I like! I have a similar, though not as nice supressor going on mine whenever new gears arrive.
Hows the stock attach?

1 Like

Screw and nut with shake proof washer through the rear plate.
There is a 3d file out there for buffer tube rear plate👍

1 Like

Waiting on metal internals now and re-wire for battery in buffer tube😅

6 Likes

FINALLY got yhe new metal gears into the blaster. The pitch is different on the pinion/primary spur from stock and these need to be shimmed.

Iv gotten pretty good at assembly for this gearbox. Theres a few tricks that are key. Use the tappet plate to push the return spring in. The cylinder head has a specific orientation, with the nozzel on the bottom. And most importantly, the nozzle slots into the tappet plate. The nozzel needs to be fully extended during assembly. This is what caused my plastic gears to origionally strip, and untold rebuilds of this gearbox.

Theres a few places where the wires are easily smashed inside the clamshell, circled in blue.

Finally assembled, results were lackluster. ~150 fps. I cut down the barrel, ended up at 100mm. Got better, but still poor 150-175fps. So all this work, no gain. Ill tear it down again, play with the piston seal and maybe stretch the spring some more - it dosent sound like it being punished too bad.

6 Likes

Nice work and great details/information, thanks for sharing :+1:

Surely it has to be seals🤔
Been looking for an o’ring nozzle for these but no luck so far😔

Let me know if you find anything. The piston seal and the cyclinder seal leave some to be desired.
Evidently my home made green oring isnt cutting it

1 Like

Just wrapping the cyl head oring area with plumbers tape till it’s a real tight fit usually works🤔
Nozzle is another thing altogether :roll_eyes:

Good day to all.

I just received my Quasar via B709 permit.

Can I ask if any is experiencing gels dribbling out on single fire at 7.4v. Two batteries that came with it have been tested.

At 11.1v I have no issue on single or full auto.

-z

The stock barrel is oversized causing it to not hold the ball in place. Pretty sure thats what caused my double feeds and dribble. Change the barrel to a 7.5mm alloy. Hopfully youll get lucky and it wont be glued in.

Metal gears arrived last week, not sure when I’ll get around to actually putting them in as still too shaky at the moment🤔
Would be nice if we could get a metal ladder piston as well, I see this as the next failure point with any spring upgrade🙄
I believe X-Force were getting in the gearboxes with metal internals, whether they have metal ladders of course is another thing. I think they were waiting on China clearance :thinking:
Gonna keep searching down the Well airsoft mp7 route for now.

1 Like