Cyberpunk 2077 dr12 quasar pistol

Please post if you find anything. I cannot locate a better piston/ladder.
The lehui mp9 cylinder set up looks very similar. Ordered this to see. Its too funky a design to not be the same.

Metal gears doing fine so far. Had maybe 1000 balls through it, so not much. But still ticking over without any new noises.

Watch the pinion/spur mesh. There isnt much wiggle room between slipping and grinding.

2 Likes

Thank you Chapinb. In reading your earlier posts, I can now see the connection you made to the barrel ID.

I intend to do a barrel swap over the weekend with an offcut of 7.5mm alloy that I have from a prior mod.

I also read about your barrel being super glued into the T piece and how much of pain it was to remove. Can I ask what the best trick you found in the end to remove it?

Heat didnt help, at least not without melting the t. I put some acetone (nail polish remover) on it then slowly wedged a small flat head screwdriver between the barrel and t, giving it a twist with plyers every now and again. Go slow, dont want to break the t. It wasnt pretty. But worked.

2 Likes

Thank you Chapinb.

I opened it up and low and behold the barrel was super glued.

Given your difficulty, my first reaction was that I was going to ask a 3D printing company that I have had good experiences with in Brisbane to print a T-Piece in nylon.

In the end I was able to dislodge the barrel from the t-piece by heating the barrel directly with a soldering iron. It seemed to break down the bond of the superglue and came out with a little effort.

So no need for the 3D printers to work out the geometry and print, but I did see that they are doing parts in carbon fibre. I imagine nylon would still be best for a t-piece, but some carbon fibre would be good for other parts.

-Z

1 Like

Never thought about heating with a soldering iron. I like that idea.

I printed a nylon hopup recently thats untested, but hopful it works well.

I just bought one via amazon, it not arrived yet. How can i do upgrades on this blaster? Can somebody make a tutorial video for it? Im a spanish speaker so i dont understand well what all of you sre saying. I cant wait to get this blaster on my hands! But i dont want to be dissapointed of it. It is worth value Or trash? I want to put like a silencer on it or something like the other guy posted because it looks incredible and the performance can improve too, and i dont understand the problem with the barrel, can someone explain it? What can i do? I payed a lot for this and it is my first gel blaster everā€¦

Wonā€™t get a response like that buddyā€¦

What do you mean? Im not joking im seious i just bought it on amazon after being scammed in other shop

Paint it completely black

I see English isnā€™t your primary language but itā€™s coming off a bit demanding, to join a forum and almost immediately make requests for something thatā€™s not really a simple task isnā€™t exactly welcoming.

Not trying to be mean or anything but keep in mind this is a hobby for most of us here so not everyone here is able to respond immediately or with what youā€™re after, especially when itā€™s been months since it was last active.

Thereā€™s already plenty of information posted here about what can be done about its performance.

Heā€™s from another country @DChapo chill out and english isnā€™t his primary language.

Zhenduou may ship blasters to you. Iā€™m not sure . They are China company where they are all made.

Amazon doesenā€™t sound good to me personally for blaster buying. Zendhou have ripped me in the past so make sure your payment is secure.

Pretty sure I made it obvious Iā€™m aware English isnā€™t their first language, considering they even said they speak Spanish, but that wasnā€™t what I was commenting onā€¦

@zhenduo are awesome mateā€¦ā€¦ what could possibly go wrong? :joy:

1 Like

If it wasnā€™t your card details being stolen than it was the ABF stealing your goods

Oh yeahā€¦ā€¦ the insane amount of traditional suppliers who I dealt with for thousands of dollars worth of products over many years who suddenly became ā€œterrorist threatsā€ was a sad thing to watch :frowning:

Still canā€™t understand why they went down that path as a well respected and trusted supplier for many years, to only degrade their reputation down to the cesspool of shite dealings with loyal customers?

Iā€™m not in the business anymore, but am still keeping the pulse on whoā€™s good and bad in this industry to be able to give the best advice to people who are asking for help :+1:

This thread has just reminded me of a funny fact that I never even thought about during my glory days of mucking around with blasters.

I had roughly 30+ different suppliers and manufacturers constantly sending me stuff from ASIA/USA/UK/EUROPE etc by the bulk load.

Wasnā€™t until I was doing another order that I stumbled across this reality check of how much I was spending with a single supplier out of many!

ā€¦ā€¦. and thatā€™s only small cheap parts aloneā€¦ā€¦ never purchased a single complete $300 blaster or anything, only small parts that were in the $10-$70 range at most!

ā€¦ā€¦ and obviously that screenshot was only a snapshot of the last orders made out of hundreds in the past!

1 Like

Even in the short time Iā€™ve been in this hobby Iā€™ve witnessed the downfall of a number of sellers.

I used to get a number of parts from Monkee mods but then they changed their couriers cause apparently they were having issues with Auspost (thou I never had any but it is Auspost) and bigger shipping costs like 50% more than what it is youā€™re shipping, like a $25 part would cost $35 in shipping for sample, and itā€™s not any quicker or insured.

It doesnā€™t help any that the killjoys that are the other states want to seize toy parts too.

1 Like

The most awesome and amazing thing with @Monkeymods is that they are in Malaysia.

I had a great experience both on the phone and online as they were in the same Timezone as Western Australia.

There was three blokes running the company, but only one who could speak enough pigeon English to get by with communication.

I could seriously order something on a Monday and have it in my mailbox by that Friday!

The absolutely quickest and most reliable/friendly team to have on my side here in WAā€¦ā€¦ yet can understand your experience being in the ā€œEastern Statesā€ where postage and shipping takes on a completely different level of complexity regarding shipping and customs to deliver what you need :roll_eyes:

Has been pretty sad to see the bullshit government pressure put upon their business and the lengths they have had to go through to try and adapt to survive.

I will always support and highly recommend them, but unfortunately the laws and regulations have severely limited their business in the current market :cry:

Guess you are on the ASIO hit list then :person_shrugging:

You can keep pissing on all you like. Doesnā€™t change the fact you were nasty to a newbie. Just help them instead of criticizing them. What the hell is wrong with you.