E&C HK 416d

No doubt about it, these guys make good gear.
I’ve held off the 416’s for awhile, but i saw one of these in the flesh, and couldn’t say no…

I got the Tan model, it comes with a black metal mag,and battery.
I also got a small tan foregrip, and a red dot sight ( Grrr…theres a speeding ticket story in that, as well.)

The black mag suits is really well, goes with the two tone look and feel. I also have a tan LDT mag…it JUST fits…its very tight, and scuffing the mag, getting it in and out. Its a very tight fit, and you need to jiggle it in , and out.
I prefer the black metal mag, it falls out when the mag release is pressed, slides in very easily one handed.
It also looks better, i reckon.

The stampings and markings are very precise, all the switches and controls are crisp…up to E&C’s high build quality. Streets ahead, of the LDT nylon 416, i got several years ago.

4 Likes

I’m brewing up some fresh gels, i suspect it will like the larger ones.
The box says 7.5 mm gels, so it probably favours those.

Around the 300+ fps out of the box seems standard for E&C’s, i believe changing the spring on these is not a big deal.

Like the other E&C’s, it dry fires quite loud.
The weight certainly feels realistic, the red dot is solar powered as well, so thats nice.

Looking forward to giving it a good run…

2 Likes

The fire selector stampings, are marked in, and painted.

The text, appears to be laser engraved, as are the other markings.

The scope has a solar panel on top, so it will work outside, if you don’t have a battery ( CR2025). Its a “scope within a scope” red dot, and does have a bit of parralax error…but, its not an expensive one.

I bought a cheapy red dot yesterday, the levering latching mechanism broke, putting the AAA’s in.

I returned it this morning, and traded up to the better red dot .
That was the only reason i was on that road , at 9am on a sat morning…and got pulled over for doing 83 in a 70 zone.

Downhill.
Just off the freeway off-ramp.
With my foot off the accelerator.
3 points and $480…
FFS…!!!

I should forward that fine to the manufacturer, as part of the warranty claim…!!

4 Likes

nice ive got an m27 iar on the way

1 Like

Go for postage, when possible… ( when dealing with a reputable company).

For me, with WAT, postage is cheaper than the 100km round trip, cost of fuel, time out of your day, and the 4 toll points.

Throw in 1 speeding fine, and…

The main reason i drive, is if you want it that same day, or wanna check out other accessories in person.

1 Like

Nice looking blaster… haven’t had much to do with East & Crane but if your pics are anything to go by, the quality’s up there. :+1:

Really crisp detailing, makes the LDT HK 416D look like a half sucked cough lolly… and that’s saying something, cosmetically the LDTs were considered the mutt’s nuts back in the day.

I’d like to see E&C do an MP5 variant with that build quality.

2 Likes

Picked up some E&C Glock 19X a while back. Best quality of any GBB pistol so far. Doesn’t rattle, works flawlessly and takes DB mags. Makes the much vaunted We-Tech look like cheap rubbish. WAT have them for $199

1 Like

Yeah, E&C make some very high quality builds.
The details, fit and finish are top notch.
The m16/m203 is another example.

I’d like to see a high quality mp5-k AEG build.
LDT have a mp5-k, which triggertoys sell, as well as a cheaper brand…

I think WAT may be bringing in some of the LDT mp5-k’s late this year, early next year.

Funny, I was only looking at the Nwell MP5K GBBs last night on Youtube… would never spring for one though. :wink:

But an AEG MP5K would be a very desirable addition to the collection. :+1:

What was the white filler, you used on your SCAR markings touch up?

I might give the safe posn engraving, a touch up.

Any excuse, for a Bunnings trip and a sausage, on a Sunday…:smirk:

Looks awesome. So far all the E&Cs I have seen have very nice externals. Internally having an ldx box they are good, not great but proper good. I had seen somewhere that some of the newer ones have an E&C box rather than the ldx, but might be internet nonsense.
Either way for the price and quality you shouldn’t be disappointed!

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve certainly upped the quality of the externals.
Never seen a real one in the flesh, but i imagine its very close.

I remember the quality of the first all metal M4’s being released by tac edge…they’ve come along way since…

Now, if only they can do an UZI, MP5K, Tec-9 etc etc…!!

Looks nice, nicely detailed.

What’s with the blackout of the H&K and HK416D markings on left side magwell :thinking:

I smell H&K being very anal again about IP. H&K suck and they hate you. Ironic how all H&K firearms are copies of others yet they get their nose out of joint when someone makes one, a toy even of theirs.

I cheaped out and used white wood putty from Bunnings that I had lying around, water based stuff.

Just be careful if you use it on lettering in textured polymer, like on an LDT MP5 receiver for example. The SCAR is dead smooth and it’s easy to wipe the excess off gently, but if you use it on a textured finish it will leave a halo.

That said, as long as you get into it with water and a toothbrush before it dries you can always scrub it off if it doesn’t work out. :+1:

1 Like

Got some white filler, touched up the “safety” stamping, on the 416.
It was a bit worn , initially.

Also, solved the mystery of the blacked out area.
It was a sticker, i hadn’t removed…!! :rofl:
H&K mustn’t hate us that bad…though they do build guns used for killing people, so…

The white comes up very pronounced, brighter than the engraved lettering.
I gave it a test run, for fun, on a E&C glock, as well…

Finally, my old “first gen tac-edge metal M4”
Dust, and rust noted…
They’ve certainly improved, since then.

1 Like

What filler did you use?

This stuff

Comes with a small plastic spatula on the lid.
Easy to apply, scrape the excess into a thin layer, then dab away with a damp cloth.

I’ll let it dry for 24hrs, and see how it holds up to slide cycling…
Should be fine for static body parts.

Oooops, I did it again…

Not quite dry or cleaned up properly.
I’ll let it set, give it a 2nd hit and clean it up properly.

Makes a difference.!

Great results, gonna have to get me some of this white filler and do a few of mine.

Thanks for providing details (20 chars)