I'm baaaaaack!

You might want to try growing a spine. You are not a mammal :rofl:

Yea sure come to a game he says in school holidays, he says. Fk me I left school 33 years ago and Squid is still not here :rofl:

“You just got Cuttlefished”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Boom Tish. :laughing:

you-got-owned-memecrunch-com-pwned-54131346

I really want to go to South Australia and have a game but I turned 18 so work cut my shifts so pretty much have to wait until I start an apprenticeship after school until I can get money to go on a little holiday

No worries. It’s tough straight out of school. Was back in my time and worse now with less opportunities to learn trade and skill.

Yeah, I’d hate to be a school leaver these days… nowhere near the amount of employment opportunities we had back in the day.

Seriously, if I was out of school looking for work these days, I’d end up in the ADF… better options.

3 Likes

So would I and they are hiring big time. So many opportunities currently. :+1:

It’s a good job but there application process is terrible I applied at the start of the year and still haven’t heard back from them, same thing with my mate and also my cousin and we all applied within January

Was just talking to a mate about this the other day.
He applied out of highschool, signed him up but was given a temporary medical leave due to getting over pneumonia at the time, then didn’t hear back from them for months and ended up getting a job elsewhere.

They final got back to him 12 months later!

He stayed on with his job, then a while later enlisted for his basic training etc. but by then he was set up in the mining industry from his first job and was poached back into work, so left the ADF to return to the Gold Mines, where he’s still working as one of the big bosses in the company now 30 years later :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There is criteria that has to be met. There is plenty of opportunities in Australia not just the ADF.

Sounds like the boss I know that runs a certain company in the WA Gold mines and in a big way at the now expanding Olympic dam. You know for that green energy stuff that needs 100t Cat V16 dump trucks to haul it, Caterpillar all diesel powered bulldozers. Service trucks that make mine look like toys :laughing: :+1:

Talked to my mate the other day and management was trying to cost cut as they go through a 44 drum of grease per day. Sure don’t use it and watch everything grind to a halt. :laughing:

Might end up being the case for me I might still get a response from them about my application but I’ve already got a potential apprenticeship lined up in panel beating or automotive respray which I can start immediately after I’ve got my year 12 certificate.

1 Like

Make sure you learn how to do proper metal shaping not just panel replacement. It’s a lost skill that is still in demand. Check out Retropower on YouTube

1 Like

I believe the local shop does teach the metal shaping during the apprenticeship but I can ask them during the interview will probably help me land the job if I ask some questions about the career because it’ll make me look more invested into the job then other applicants

1 Like

Confirmed with the local shop that metal reshaping is apart of the skills that I will be learning. Got the offer for the apprenticeship taking a weeks long break after school finishes then doing a two week trial to determine if I’m eligible to be a permanent apprentice.

What happens when qld legalises airsoft…
And the M-60 starts to call…??

:rofl::rofl:

But seriously, congrats.!

1 Like

Thank you and I’m sure that QLD will have panel beaters that I could work for if the lct m60 ever hits Aussie shores

3 Likes

Nice one - good luck

I’ll be completely serious here, for a moment…

Firstly, well done for having the initiative, to be proactive looking for something after school. It pays to have as many feathers in your cap, as possible. Panel beating is a good trade, no shortage of work, and you can eventually own your own buisness, if you want. My dad started out as a panel beater.

I would encourage you, as i am trying to encourage my neice / nephew, that education is the key for building a better future for yourself. Its more powerful when it has a purpose, you set a goal of getting ‘X’ qualification, and you need these prerequisites.

Some people say to themselves" i dont have em, so i cant do it"
A few people say to themselves " What do i need to do, to get them?"

I only got average grades in high school, i wasn’t motivated. It was my goal of being a pilot that got me back to doing HSC subjects, in my twenties, to get into an airline. And the second time, to get Chemistry, as a pre requisite for dentistry. Then, going to uni in my thirties, to become a dentist.

Not trying to big note myself, but really stressing the importance of ongoing improvement, to get ahead in this ever expensive world.

Do your apprenticeship, thats great, but never stop thinking about what else you can do, if you get some additional education. I had to get extra tuition for Maths 1 / Physics, but i really wanted to do it, and got really good marks.

Thats the key. Really wanting to do it. Without that, nothing happens. Ever.

I’m trying to encourage my neice / nephew to consider these things, and give them free accom to start, before they allow small town country inertia to determine their fate.

Anyway, all the best, and dont forget its never too late, to go back and do further study, to open more doors.

I had my taxes done today, the accountant has owned a decent sized practise, for several decades, and has a ferrari in his parking spot.

The military also sponser people, for various professional roles.
With dentistry, they can sponser you, they give you a wage whilst at uni, and a job when you graduate…a good deal.

Plus, im sure you can sneak in some bang bang fun times…!!

keep us posted…now, back to regular programming…!!

1 Like

There you go, well done Sounds like a good deal.

Like I said the yesterday it opens up opportunities for later in life. A trade you have for life.

I like hammering metal too. Come to think of it anything that doesn’t go the way I want :laughing:

1 Like