JINGJI PDX GEL BLASTER-Anyone have any reviews?

Yes and no, again another that gets a bad rep for their V2 silveredge boxes that had some casting problems Azraels went to great lengths to improve, visiting the manufacturer and don’t hear any complaints about it these days.

The APS AK variants all use the V3 APS gearbox and have always been 100% roksolid as they have a different shell with more meat. Basically. I should know I have a first edition APS AK74 and it will not break, one of my most reliable blasters. And heaviest with all metal everywhere besides the mag, fh and CTR stock… Run dry, bash opponent on the head :rofl:

Cheers for the advice! Certainly stuff I didn’t know about the APS AK “Caveman Club” Model :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely as we haven’t spilled a beer yet. Many, many thanks for all of your feedback and advice. I took it all and pushed it through the cheese cloth that I use for a brain and in the end we have two Double Bell’s the AK 15 and the H&K 416. Taking them for a shoot at nuketown this Sunday. The AK 15 doesn’t have a hopper, and I reckon I will disable the hopper on the 416 as whatever it is set at makes it spin off to the left:)

They have to use tiny batteries called “Elite Soldier” which look like they are cheap enough to burn my apartment to the ground, so I got one of those balance chargers from Ebay. Wish me luck. I am always open to suggestions for modding.

The actual model names are: Double Bell 021 AKM CNC Tactical AEG Gel Blaster With CTR Stock. (Has a nasty orange thing bolted onto the end I am keen to remove)

and the HK416 A5 14.5" barrel AEG

2 Likes

Yeah, I also have a couple of those awesome “Elite Soldier” batteries, purely because no other bastards made a battery in the right size to fit certain old JinMing blasters :roll_eyes:

I’m pretty happy that I have only one left out of three, because the other two went up in smoke in a spectacular display! :flushed:

1 Like

Good to hear.

With your hop up issue. See if you can turn it to get the spin the way you want. May be grub screws involved and the tongue should be adjustable with grub screws also to adjust the amount of hop effect.

As far as hop-ups are concerned, I only really ever fitted them to my customers builds because they specifically asked for them to be fitted and tuned.

Out of the 70+ blasters that I owned myself, I think there was only 3 that I actually bothered to use hop-ups on, and was only because whatever the particular brand/model was couldn’t provide the accuracy/performance of other brands no matter how much work that I put into them :roll_eyes:

A hop-up was basically a great additional improvement on a good quality build, whereas some builds were absolutely woeful and couldn’t hit the side of a barn at 30 paces without one!

A champion at the field tweaked it and it shoots straight now.

Quite happy with the Double bell blasters in general, but they need a bit of work to be reliable. The Double bell magazine is rubbish on the H&K 416, not a tight fit and was constantly jamming. What brand should I buy to replace them with? I tried a SLR magazine on the field and it seemed to work much better than the out of the box one.

The H&K was a bit of a sorry 240 fps out of the box. Who is the go to shop for buying springs in Brisvegas?

I’m a Western Australian, so can’t really give any advice on which shops are the best to visit in Brisvegas, but I’m sure there’s plenty of Banana Benders here able to give you advice :+1:

As far as magazines are concerned, just experiment with different types and use whatever you find works best :ok_hand:

I am going to google Banana benders, I am familiar with the term “budgie smugglers” so I assume you are teaching me the language of the Westie but.

LOL

Queenslander

B. banana bender. A Queenslander. The term derives from the joking notion (as perceived from the southern states of Australia) that Queenslanders spend their time putting bends into bananas.

I am bollocks at being Australian. Born in Sydney, moved at 5 to the Colonies. Thank you for this insightful knowledge… Solid gold:)

Never heard of “Banana Bender” in my life, and it makes no sense, why would we be putting the bend in a banana to begin with.

Banana’s are naturally straight, not curved, so Queenslanders were invented to bend the bananas for everyone! :ok_hand::sunglasses::+1:

Good to hear, cheers :+1:

What. Did you not read the post I made over a year ago about you Banna Benders. Nothing to do with putting a bend in a bannana ya’ll carry on like a Bannana :rofl: :+1: Joke.