• magazine coupler

Out of the box performance

5 Likes

Some build features

Magazine well

Magazine contacts

Rear of gearbox

Muzzle

Inner barrel does not protrude past outer barrel. Outer barrel has 14mmCCW thread for accessories

3 Likes

Making Game Ready

Removing back plate with QD sling mount - push out pin

Installing LDT folding stock (very tight fit)

Small battery is installed in foregrip. Foregrip removed via pop-out pin

Add top rail, reflex sight, ihobby screw on hop-up and suppressor

Comparison to shorty CYMA - previous CQB blaster

4 Likes

Initial impressions

Pros

• good quality nylon build
  • really accurate over 12m
  • will reach 30m with hop-up
  • mag prime on charge handle
  • tight tolerances (mag is stiff to insert in magwell)

Cons

• fire select doesnt have strong detent to hold semi-position
  • mags are a pain to fill - hard to get door open without a tool and door is small that need a funnel to fill (will be a problem in game with limited mag capacity)
  • inner barrel doesn’t protrude past end of outer barrel limiting hop-up choice
  • ihobby don’t appear to have mags (different to previous JM MP5)

Overall - good value blaster. Will give it a couple of games before investigating springs, etc

5 Likes

Nice overview, Wombat… good job. :+1: looks good with that side folding stock.

Looks like Jin Ming’s upped their game with build quality.

The fire select’s ambi, yeah? I’ve found that disabling the right side and just running left side fire select easier to live with if the setup isn’t crisp. It can always be reinstalled later on. :man_shrugging:

Interested to see how you pimp it further. :wink:

1 Like

Assuming it’s a generic V2 gearbox. Can’t be any worse to work on than the LDT one.

For less than $200 it’s looking like a nice bit of kit, also depending on how much mags will be when available.

Love the MP5 platform, been wanting a nice MP5K aeg since I first got the HQ MP5K kit way back when that took a gen8 gearbox.
Also looks like with a couple of springs could be adapted to make LDT MP5 mags work… as I have heaps of them already, I might have to give one a go. Jin Ming have always been a good budget blaster but it looks like they have stepped up a bit.

1 Like

Went to upgrade spring in the MP5K. Spring is smaller diameter and shorter than a normal V2 spring. Picture shows MP5K spring on left compared to M100

Spring change is easy, with the correct spring

1 Like

Did it make much of a difference fps wise.?

Standard spring won’t fit.

When I get more time I’ll cut down a spring to similar length. Need to recheck diameter because it is slightly smaller than standard spring

Spring is the same as the old BF MP7. 13.5mm diameter vs standard 14.4mm diameter

1 Like

Swapped upgraded spring from MP7

Standard spring

Max 194.5
Min 173.5
Avg 188.8

With upgraded spring

Max 213.5
Min 183.0
Avg 197.6

No real advantage of spring change. Back to stock

Looks like some air seals and o-ring upgrades would have some good improvements :+1:

Pretty much the same fps as the MP7 until a longer barrel was fitted that matched to the cylinder

Do they come with a ported cylinder from factory?

MP7 with old MP5K spring does 215fps consistently with 200mm barrel. MP5K has 150mm barrel. A 200mm barrel with AKA hop-up would fit MP5K with suppresser. Doesn’t look like a ported cylinder by MP7 is ported

A portedr cylinder would obviously be a massive improvement for these models :ok_hand:

Yeah, agreed. The LDT’s mildly ported at around 80% so we’re planning on trying a few ported cylinders out on BME’s LDT once we get the FPS up to a respectable level. :+1:

Should pretty much translate straight across to the JM.

Not good news. First game in out of the box configuration and gearbox has failed. Back to ihobby

I tried my JM MP5K tonight for the first time and nothing. Magprime works, but trigger wont move and grip got hot quite quick. Pulled the battery straight out and it was hot too.
No movement in either semi or full auto. Gearbox issue?

Have emailed retailer …

oh … i didnt even read this before i posted. FFS !! - thats an appalling sign, 2 in 2 mins :stuck_out_tongue: