Latest updates in the fight for legalising Gel Blasters

Latest news from WA, don’t know the exact details yet, but I’m sure will be clarified pretty soon :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Oh man I hope WA gets the hobby sport back! I would love to eventually have all Australians have access to the sport and hobby as Queensland does, or at least as SA sort of does (legal with extra steps).

4 Likes

Yeah. If WA get this back this is massive. I will be eagerly awaiting the official update. An increased client base is a win for everyone in the sport.

2 Likes

Wonder if someone could start a class action about the costs of having to destroy a lot of the blasters. I know some are being held in a container somewhere but there was a lot that was destroyed. Might be pushing our luck a bit but seriously.

3 Likes

It should never have been banned, the officials of every state that did were blatantly lying on national media!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Anyone ever heard of the Cold War domino theory ?

2 Likes

Again…… not holding my breath, but it’s still a possible step in the right direction for sure.
I’m not sure how it might tie in with the latest overhaul of the Firearms Regulations or if any Court decisions here in the West will have any sway on other States. :thinking:

I can’t imagine having to start all over again……. back to being a Noob in the Hobby :joy:

4 Likes

Well bob, the moment the ban gets lifted I’ll put a bbc package in the post as a welcome back present.

1 Like

Really hope all in WA can get the Sport/hobby back ideally with no loop holes too jump.

2 Likes

I can see legalisation in Wa being the start of Aus wide legalisation

You never know until the fat lady has sung. Just because a judge says something doesn’t mean shit in McGowan land.

McG’s struggling to keep general law and order from break in’s and trading hour shop thefts from happening. Big place to cover and not enough LE to respond until after the fact hence the weeks later Police Chief apology and media statement.

Be interesting to see what becomes of it. Definitely won’t be in 24hrs how he ended it.

No WA will never agree to eastern states laws. It’s been done over and over for decades, why they are all different.

1 Like

That’s all truth’s mate, and is why I’m not holding my breath…… there’s always a point to appeal, Government/Police/Firearms Acts/Legislation to wallow through and many more hurdles that can be put into place despite whatever Court decisions are made :confused:

The only change through all this is that McClown has lost a LOT of face recently, with housing crisis, transportation, hospitals, education, local employment deficits, pushing overseas immigration to fill the gaps whilst doing nothing to encourage local Australians into these positions…… and the latest Perth Mint dodgy dealings/investigations all having his Golden Child reputation finally being shot down in flames :roll_eyes:

Maybe this is the start of the WA Legal/Courts fighting back against some of the bullshit that he forced through the systems with absolutely no legal truth or evidence whatsoever :thinking:

I certainly hope so, as this muppet has had it too good for too long.

I have always said that it will only take a change of government or public attitudes to ever reverse these bans…… and I’m hoping that his diminishing reputation is the catalyst for these, and future questioning of his actions.

2 Likes

Don’t want to be negative Nancy but governments always pull some bs I remember a case like 3-4 years ago where a court case in Victoria had the judge call for legalisation of gel blasters and well it was 4-5 years ago and you can’t even own them with a license anymore

1 Like

Exactly mate, just because one case gets a positive ruling doesn’t necessarily mean that anything might actually change in the whole scheme of things that can defeat the decision :confused:

1 Like

Well…… that’s not a very encouraging situation for us here in WA :confused:
To get a ruling from the Supreme Court would guarantee that McClown and his ministerial majority would pass new legislation in a heartbeat :roll_eyes:

Yeah so the TLDR is they had a positive ruling in the magistrate court - the judge was satisfied that gel blasters is not a weapon and therefore not under the Weapons Act for WA. Unfortunately its non-binding, police can still appeal and take it to a higher court.
The pros of that is there’s a chance it’ll cement court precedent for further rulings on gel blasters should the higher court agree. But the cons are the pollies can just legislate it with specific wording and definitions on gel blaster - easiest way is just to amend the act with gel blasters as included in the definitions of what constitutes a weapon.
The other issue is that if police do appeal and take it to a higher court, there’s not enough funding for them to continue to contest it in court.

2 Likes

if i recall correctly :thinking: Queensland went down a similar path but, the decision was decided by a jury not a judge. Hence apparently the police are not able to appeal it in such a circumstance. If that being the case you could say " The people have spoken."

However to be honest, I’m not entirely sure if this is even correct or even applies in the same sense in other states.

This is when i say Quote "( I’m not offering legal advice this is simple for entertainment purposes) :sweat_smile: but, that aside it would be interesting to know, if that path could even be taken for a similar legal outcome ?

Anyone with actual legal applicable knowledge by all means please correct

2 Likes

You be the judge, condoned by ADF members

Not gelblasters of course, but the mentality is similar.

2 Likes

Oh God…

Forget what is legal or not, the crims never have any problems getting their hands on illegal stuff.

Hell, they cant stop kids stealing cars, breaking into homes, and breaking into buisnesses, so what hope do they have with serious crims…!!!

2 Likes