M-60 / MK46 Review...(or, Gone in Squidsty Seconds...!)

@Deadsquid spurt spurt

4 Likes

Looks like a much more solid blaster than the M-60/MK-46?

1 Like

Feels pretty good so far Doc. Grew some fresh ihobby gels and it ran really nice. Variable fire rate seems to acrually work.

Avg 700 RPM on slow and 1000 RPM on fast. Still figuring things out.

Only thing i dont like is the carry handle, reckon i can fix it though.

3 Likes

I’ll do a new thread for the RPK tonight with more photos and info.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm , I likee slow and steady mechanical HMG fire rates :sunglasses:

That looks really good. Thanks for the show, let alone squid… I might just have to go get private Squid, I hope he’s packing his gear.

The mk46, is rock solid.
No flex issues with that, magazines locks place tightly, and feeds easily, so all good.

I did use the zip ties on the m-60, the mag does still droop just a little, but nowhere near as much as before.
Only a tiny bit of tension, on the feed spring.

Because im a perfectionist, i will drill some holes through the plate a bit later on, so the M60 mag is completely immobile…

The barrel flex on the M-60 may or may not occur, the potential for it to occur may only exist in my mind, but im happy to take precautions to prevent that possibility…
At these $, you wanna look after it…

@Davbot71 , glad your happy with your unit…!!

1 Like

Picked up the Mk46 yesterday and been trying to find my Deans female to Mini Tamiya male adapter. What’s weirder - not finding it or completely forgetting which blaster I bought this for?

2 Likes

I see you have more patience than me if I was in similar situation :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Being very jetlagged helps with my patience.

1 Like

Don’t feck around, just do what I did to every Gelblaster I ever owned/worked on…… chop the original JST/Mini Tamiya off and solder up a DEANS plug instead! :joy::+1:

3 Likes

Me? Solder? Yeah I don’t trust my weak sauce technical skills at all when it comes to anything electric. I can plug it in or I can disconnect it. Anything beyond that I have pretty high anxiety I’ll just f it up and it’ll explode in my face.

Probably just buy a Dean’s lipo at this point :joy:

Still doesn’t solve why I bought the adapter and where the hell did I left it though…
Bought end of Jan 2021. Closest blasters was the LDT UMP45 (its mini tamiya) and a couple of GBB pistols. No other blaster fits the timeline from what I can tell through emails and store history. I do remember the ebay shop sent me 2 sets of the adapters that was wrong (wrong male female configuration or it was regular tamiya and not mini) and we had back and forth about returns and they still end up sending the wrong replacements and just refunded me everything. Don’t exactly remember if I ever ended up having the correct ones in my hands.
Might have wrote something about this on the old forums.
So either I have a phantom blaster with a deans plug and the adapter attached to it, or I just randomly tried to buy the adapters… for what exactly?

I’ve spent most of today changing out a ton of my blaster’s connectors to get a bit of commonality happening.

Not a JST connector in sight… plenty in the bin though. :rofl:

2 Likes

Come on brother……. Playing with gel blasters is the best excuse to broaden your horizons and skills when it comes to electronics :ok_hand:

Will save you a heap of money and headaches in the future if you can learn these basic skills :sunglasses:

Sure thing that the first few attempts might not look pretty and possibly blow up your neighbours Cat, but can only get better from there! :joy:

1 Like

Soldering is so much easier and looks so much more professional if you use Baker’s solder flux liquid.

Flows beautifully and doesn’t require as much heat, you just have to make sure you only put it where you want the solder to go. :laughing:

So are you the new Nuketown poster child?

If so, how did it perform?

1 Like

Hahahaha that definitely is not me. Maybe 25 years ago me hahaha. Ive emptied a full mag in the back yard and nothing broke. :joy::crazy_face::laughing:

1 Like

Didn’t think you’d be rocking that sort of stance at a milsim myself :laughing: blasphemy cap backwards an all. LOL

1 Like

Looks like the VN model, M-60’s are nearly all sold out, at WAT…

Only a few PKM’s remain…

Sorry squiddy…you missed out…!!

@deity333

any chrono /action shots, of your MK46…??!
with differing types of gels.?