M16 CYMA vs Double Bell

Hi guys,
I’m looking at picking up a blaster in the upcoming Black Friday sales. I plan on getting it upgraded at Azraels or Tac Edge eventually and im wondering if it matters which brand i get. Both Cyma and Double Bell are roughly the same price and appear to have parts like extra mags etc readily available. Could someone point me in the right direction?

2 Likes

What are the exact blasters you are looking at. Cyma would be a more common option with plenty of information out there from others builds, but DB has some great performing models if you are willing to spend a bit more.

The DB M4-SS and the M16 both in nylon that came out around January are excellent for the 250 mark. With over 350 fps and metal gearboxes out of the box. Whereas cyma blasters generally use more plastic.

If you have any blasters in mind, I’m sure someone could help you decide.

3 Likes

Hey man, thanks for the reply!
I’m looking at the vietnam era m16A1. I love the look of the classic m16 with the short mags and the only short mags i could find online were double bell. So leaning towards DB for that reason alone… but I’ve also read CYMA is the better overall brand. So I’m torn.

If it’s the classic variant you’re after, Cyma all day long. Plenty of upgrades readily available, great build quality, and I think I saw some straight mags at one point for Cyma blasters.

1 Like

As for the mags, here’s what a quick Google search came up with. It’s for a gen 9, so somewhat compatible with a variety of brands. There’s bound to be someone who could attest to whether they are compatible.

1 Like

Found these metal ones that apparently are universally compatible. But quite expensive.

1 Like

1 Like

I was trying to avoid this retailer. But they should be compatible. Welcome to gelsoft. Where everything is overpriced.

1 Like

@Bigmuthadrums @Bikersmurf @Maiphut @Feldsher etc……. Who was the M16 tragic on the old forum who recommended the right model for these things ? :thinking:

I’m trying to rack my brain. It might have been TJ26.

If you grab a jg works one from azrael, they have the 3prong flash hider included…

4 Likes

My M16 is a bitsa pre dating any actual M16 releases that uses g8/9 mags, moded to fit both. I found some metal 20 rnd style from Op Force Delta over a year ago that complete the look and work fine around the $20 mark.

3 Likes

DOUBLE BELL Metal VN-Style Magazine For M4/M16 – OP Force Delta Gel Blasters

Here for those :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone!

3 Likes

Hey @BuckshotBarber ,
Would be a good idea to head over to the “Introduce Yourself” thread and let everyone here get to know a bit more about yourself and your interests :sunglasses:

Certainly gives everyone an idea of what you enjoy in this hobby and the style of blasters/use that you are interested in :+1:

1 Like

Just a heads up, these Double Bell 20-rounders won’t work with the CYMA M16s. The cutout for the catch on these is too long so it just wobbles around in the magwell. The LCT short mags work perfectly, but they seem to be nonexistent at the moment. I somehow managed to lose 5 of 'em at Guerilla Blasters a while back and now I can’t get them anywhere! :rofl:

2 Likes

Good to know! Leaning towards Double for this reason alone. I’m planning on getting it upgraded so I assume the internal differences between CYMA and DB don’t matter as much.

1 Like

There is one big advantage to DB’s that nobody has mentioned yet, too. It’s dumb, and unimportant, but full metal DB AR15s have functional bolt catches that locks back your mock bolt carrier when you pull the charging handle.

4 Likes

The CYMAs also have a bolt catch, but you have to disable the mag prime to make it work. Can’t have both on the gel version for some reason, even though the asoft version has both.

I don’t think the airsoft one would have both, as their magazines are usually spring, not battery powered.

2 Likes