M16 CYMA vs Double Bell

Might’ve been a cockup on Evike’s part, or I’m just misremembering, wouldn’t be the first time today :thinking:

Anyway, it turns out these DB mags at GBU might actually work in the CYMA. I went and grabbed a gutted DB mag and one of my LCT ones for comparison:

The cutout for the catch on this particular DB mag isn’t too long, it’s too high up. I bought 6 of these back in August because they were advertised on iHobby as being “compatible” at the time. Pretty sure they’re the same as the ones in @Maiphut’s link. The ones at GBU look identical to the LCT on the left, although with a fairly significant bump in price. Might have to grab one, as much as it irks me to give GBU money.

@BuckshotBarber If you want something that looks fairly accurate, the Azrael’s CYMA is a great stand-in for the classic early war M16. Comes with the 3 prong flash hider and the upper and lower recievers are in a flat gray rather than black, similar to the real steel ones.

2 Likes

@Green_Screamer I can’t seem to find any cyma m16’s listed on Azraels website.

1 Like

Just checked, looks like they don’t have them anymore :confused:

@BuckshotBarber

Armoured heaven, has a cyma m16 advertised.

The piccies show the grey receiver / 3 prong flash hider.

Prices are ouch, though…might be worth a call to see if he has them, and can price match…

3 Likes

@BME Cheers mate, I’ll give them a call tomorrow :+1:

2 Likes

That would be the model to get.
I had an earlier model, with a bigger spring.
It did 330-340 fps out of the box, but accuracy was terrible, spraying everywhere.

The newer model has lower fps (300 ish), but much better accuracy…

I sold my older one, and got a newer cyma, happy with it…

4 Likes

Seems to all come down to the old school proven gel blaster idiosyncrasies that 260-280 FPS has always been the golden child rule for consistency and accuracy in these kids toys.

Any hero numbers above this have been proven for many years to be a problem with what we have to play with.

Sure that I always pushed the boundaries with 450-480 FPS Gen8’s, but that was for shits and giggles to find out what it took to annihilate these toys in the process of building something that could outlast anything that anyone could build for performance and reliability.

My build plans were always simple perfecting the inherent designs, and not complicating them with electronics or modifications that would create more problems than they were worth.

Build an old school Gen8/Gen9/ACR/Wells/ARP etc etc where the only operating factors was a battery feeding a well built gearbox through a simple trigger to expel a gel at the optimal set up that could be achieved :ok_hand:

5 Likes

What about the kar98? Pushes 400fps with ease and can hit a car at over 35 metres.

3 Likes

Yeah the kar98 seems to be in a league of it’s own :+1:
That thing is insane for accuracy at high fps :laughing:

3 Likes

@BME Armoured Heaven will price match (Renegade Blasters has it on sale for $495)
Hopefully pick it up tomorrow :grin:

5 Likes

Cyma m16 mags

2 Likes

Unfortunately out of stock @Deadsquid

1 Like

Show pics…!!
3 prong flash hider, is boss…!!

2 Likes

And, for those interested, double bell m16 at tac edge, for $439…

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice! Picked up this CYMA today for $455 at Armoured Heaven. Can’t wait to see how she looks with the 20 round short Mags :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Should come back in stock quickly ihobby usually have em in stock all the time. Ihobby is usually a no no business to buy from but if they manage to F up mags I’d be surprised

3 Likes

Just a tip…
throw a bit of oil / silicone spray on the 3 prong flash hider…
it does tend to rust , after awhile…

Enjoy…!!

4 Likes

Same with the metal mags…… they are awesome aesthetically, but were always a constant battle to keep them from rusting internally :confused:

I used to drill 3/16” drain holes into the bottom of all my mags, metal and nylons,
It drains off any excess water every time they were refilled from the speed loader, which helped to get rid of any excess moisture.

Metal and Nylon mags also would receive a good dose of CRC on the mag motors and contacts/wiring after each use regularly.

Nylons not so much, but metal mags take a lot of maintenance and upkeep to protect your investment and condition/performance.
Always pop open the gel feed doors and leave them upside down to help drain/dry feed motors and internals.

Once again, all of my pics are locked away on my old phone…… but here’s a pic that I do have of the short 20 round metal mags on my old Bushmaster ACR DMR tribute :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Good to know! Cheers :+1:

Haven’t been in stock since ~August. I went to buy some before In Country and ended up buying the non-compatible Double Bells. Worked out though, the internals fit in the LDT 20rd bodies and are better quality so I swapped all of mine.

1 Like