Members Motorbike related Hobbies outside of Gelblaster appreciation

That’s exactly the same scam that my ex-missus contacted me about.

She has a big dollar custom XY FALCON that we spent many years building, with no expense spared, and she listed it online for $110 000 on various marketplace websites.

She called me because someone told her that exact same story……. which to her credit, she researched the actual minesite in WA, the company and the history of the supposed “buyer”.

Everything checked out except for that bullshit that the purchaser was “currently away at work, would only use PayPal as the payment method and would send a company to come and collect the vehicle”.

I told her straight away, that anyone looking to drop $110k on a vehicle would have their first message as……”can you supply photos/details/information of the vehicle and will arrange a physical inspection before negotiating the sale.”

This is how I sold my 1976 LXSS A9X Torana Hatchback to a collector in QLD late at night and the whole time frame from posting the For Sale advertisement until a legitimate bank transfer of $25K deposit confirmed into my bank account at midnight here in WA (about 3am QLD time) was secured.

I won’t say how much I got for this extremely rare and expensive vehicle, but the purchaser requested just shy of 360 individual pics/videos of every single square inch of that car before committing to the deposit and eventual sale.

Many scammers can simply copy and paste pictures of ANY VEHICLE for sale online to scam victims into thinking that these arseholes do actually physically have whatever type of vehicle for sale, even though in reality, they are just using other people’s for sale information to bluff potential buyers into transferring money to their bank accounts for something they don’t even possess/own.

It’s a great scam when you sit back and think about it, especially with the older generation who are way too trusting when dealing with these thieves. :rage:

The buyer of my A9X Hatchback was obviously very reassured in dropping such a large amount of money on my vehicle, because I was up for most of the night complying to his every request.

“Bob, open the rear hatch, peel back the rubber seals and send me pics/videos of the hinge points and corners above the Taillights.”

No worries, done mate…… because it is my vehicle, sitting in front of me in my own shed and can comply with any requests asked from the purchaser.

Any dodgy scammers who have simply copy and pasted someone else’s For Sale post cannot physically work with the potential buyers to supply immediate and specific details such as this.

I even used this method when buying this $300 piece of shit off of a backpacker a couple of years ago as a sacrificial lamb for my daughter to get her license……

and basically abuse until she was at the level of being able to handle something much more classic and expensive……. which turns out that she absolutely loves the VH Pacer :roll_eyes:

(Don’t know where I went wrong, but her dream car is a bloody Valiant!) :joy:

It was only $300 , but I asked for his history/reasons for selling, asked for the address so that I could Google it to make sure that it was a legit residential address and not a vacant lot or local Pizza Hut.

Told him to send me a picture of him with the vehicle, in front of that house and he had to hold up his middle finger to prove that he was actually in possession of that vehicle, at the address supplied and all of the paperwork/story all checked out.

I did this process for a $300 piece of shit…… and yet the bloke that wanted to purchase a $110 000 XY FALCON didn’t even ask for a single picture/video/personal inspection of the vehicle

2 Likes

Dead giveaway right there not even requesting more pics of a car of that caliber.

That XY is killer btw, Doc… stunning! :heart_eyes:

Love that Pacer. My VH ute was one of the best cars I’ve owned. Gobs of grunt - didn’t struggle with either car trailer or float on the back

I am so keen to get a motorbike sometime aye, gotta finish my friggin car license first, havent found the time to go out unless I am payin a drivin instructor which is priceyyy

aimin to get a taleria as soon as I can, use it for short trips, can even take it on the train to wildly extend my range, and eventually use it to get the full motorcycle license so I can build something pretty

1 Like

Amen to that, I sold a pair of 4x4 Landrovers earlier this year.

Within an hour of the gumtree ad going up I had some wanker wanting me to take the ad down and he wanted me to pay the transport co fee to get it to Queensland then he would pay me for the cars. I said fuck no you are off your rocker. Especially when you are working at a mine up North, live in Victoria and want them to go to Queensland. Dream on cock knuckles.

Eventually had a genuine buyer from NSW who was a barrister, so that went fine.

2 Likes

Very eloquent… love it :joy:

2 Likes

Literally thinking of selling/trading my xvs650 as ii hardly ride it and need a little tray back ute :thinking:

2 Likes

Being a learner legal bike they hold there value very well.
The more original the better.
Tho saying that there’s a business here on the gold coast who only sell xvs 650 none are original all are modified to suit the customer.
I personally like them original

I’ve only done the simple things but still have all the original parts to go back on.
I have installed forward controls, rear rack, risers and western bars and V@H short shots and a air spike intake.
Oh and don’t forget the claxton horn🤣

1 Like

6 Likes

Never a truer word was spoken, brother… :joy:

2 Likes

F’n amen to that.

Wish I still had my Elsinore Cr125, worth a pretty penny now.

1 Like

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY WIFE AND MY BIKE ?.

I always know what’s wrong with my bike when it’s acting weird

1 Like

Very nice heavy riffin’ blues there… :clap:

1 Like

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1697151434253

4 Likes
1 Like

The Z is outta the shed!! :sunglasses:

Smoothbores running like a Swiss watch, idles beautifully and revs like a demon.

Just a few more parts, ignition coils are getting replaced as a matter of course, new exhaust gaskets and that’s it… roadie, rego and it hits the blacktop. :+1:

3 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:
Still remember the day going to the big smoke with the old man to pick his one up brand new!

Spent a lot of time getting taxied around on the back of it growing up :sunglasses:

2 Likes