New GBB Rifles

wai so much money for dez tings ;-;

1 Like

Greed.

20 character limit.

1 Like

Especially when these are “toys” that are more expensive than the real steel versions in some cases :flushed::roll_eyes:

1 Like

There is a certain class of customer who will buy everything just so they can rock the latest toy

2 Likes

GBBR, great for realism at milsims, absolute trash for actually skirmishing.

$1,800 for essentially a display piece. This isn’t Airsoft where you can make those 40 shots count.

8 Likes

True, the major difference between the two sports……. is that our one is nothing more than spray and pray :roll_eyes:

Which always confused me about the popularity of Gel Sniper Rifles.
Sure that we had a couple of reasonable models, which had relatively some form of “accuracy”…… but definitely not @KickingMustang style stuff that is to be seen in Airsoft :confused:

2 Likes

I feel this attitude that gel is spray and pray is a by product of low level Oz product and very little investment by manufacturers to focus on accuracy.
Good accuracy can be achieved but it requires more work on the build, more commitment to gel growth and grading and this to be reflected in gaming.
Imagine a GBBR only 1 life game in a realistic doorkicking environment. Those willing to play this would ensure quality gels, grown and graded in blaster built to suit. A lot of our current attitudes towards blasting is based on the fields and style of play on offer.
Even my rattler build is good to 15m for headshots on semi.

5 Likes

I think you’re right, I’ve had two laser accurate blasters over the years.

The FPS might be shit, but before I upgraded to the gas K98, I had one of those GJ M24s, and it was amazing with a hop-up. I had a target about the size of a deck of cards that I was able to hit with 100% accuracy at about 10m, before I put the metal bolt into it.

The K98 wasn’t quite as accurate when I eventually got it, but it still performed pretty well, able to hit a beer bottle like 85% of the time at the same range, at like 400FPS. Those things are a freak of nature though.

Those sort of GBBR games sound like they’d be amazing, though. I still maintain that the gas MP7 is already perfect for exactly that sort of environment. It’s a darn VFC clone! And it performs accordingly. And it’s cheaper than even the shitty Wells AK74s that iHobby has.

3 Likes

It’s more to do with the players than the tools we have. Want to play CQB with a degree of teamwork and skill, first you have to deal with the speedyboy who runs through the field spraying his high ROF blaster until he gets hit, the runs back to spawn and repeats.

Most blasters can get a good degree of accuracy up to around 12 - 15m. Sure, with AEG, it’s hard but not impossible, to get a degree of accuracy over 35m with a 4 round burst with a 300mm barrel, 1.28 Ausgel spring and fresh elites

But I’m not sure there is any science to it. My old screw ogether AUG A1 with gen 8 gearbox still outperforms other blasters where I’ve spent hours playing with springs, gears, pistons and barrel length in the magic 1.6 to 1.8 v/e range

2 Likes

Yes definitely agree on the players. I guess it’s a chicken or the egg question whether the game breeds the play sets or the players breed the game.

It is definitely science for accuracy but people ignore most things
Essentially good barrel stability and quality graded gels are the main ones.
There a lots of little tricks though like mag quality, seals, tappet shape and spring stabilisation.

1 Like

“Imagine a GBBR only 1 life game in a realistic doorkicking environment. Those willing to play this would ensure quality gels, grown and graded in blaster built to suit. A lot of our current attitudes towards blasting is based on the fields and style of play on offer.”

This is exactly the type of gameplay i would be interested in. There seems to be 2 current play styles… speedsoft with the high rate of fire blaster speedyboys or milsim engaging at far too long distances where the only option is to spray and pray.

I would love to play a game mode of a more tactical cqc that mimics the video games i enjoy eg. Insurgency, ready or not etc. And have fields and game modes tailored to the limitation of blasters only being accurate up to 15 20m.

5 Likes

I’m hearing you.
Trouble is getting enough people with the same sentiment in the same location at once for me.
I’m on the Sunny Coast and whilst I can get a few of my guys together we can’t drive the gameplay.
The location needs to do that.
I had to even model my blaster around location because I can’t use my fav blaster.
Urban Gelbal is my closest local and it is so artificially tight you cannot pie a corner with a CQB carbine.
I had to build my rattler so I had a usable milsim blaster for there.
If it was a little more open in there it would not favour speedy boi builds as much.
I have no issue with casual gamers or speedy bois at all it’s just I would like something that favours doctrine a bit more rather than the others.

3 Likes

We once hired Hardcore for our team to play strategic style CQB. Most team members are ex-services.

Unfortunately, one of their speedy boy teams turned up and stuffed it for everyone as they proceeded to run and gun, using their intricate knowledge of the field. to just cover off any attempt for a strategic play. After a while I just sat in a corner and nailed them with my GBB pistol as they ran round the corner.

I hope that Guerilla’s new field offers the same opportunities to play a semi strategic game as the old one

5 Likes

Had this in Paintball games years ago.
Our groups would turn up looking for a good strategic game, whereas we were pitched against the locals who knew every square inch of ground and strong holds/attacking/defence positions.

Nothing wrong with that, except it made for very short and repetitive gameplay for everyone else trying to enjoy the day, as the sides were so unequally balanced.

Was suggested to split the teams 50/50 local/away players to balance out the games, but the local teams were obviously reluctant to give up their positions.

We at least got to watch and learn how they played and their positions on the field, so that helped us to get stronger as the games progressed throughout the day, which had us more prepared for following events :+1:

4 Likes

Hey Jas, the bolt on rhe Aztech ebbr is purely functional unlike say the APS plate that operates off the piston. The bolt is essentially a moving cylinder where the piston is actually stationary. Think of it as an inverted gearbox. The beauty is that is uses all standard drive train parts with only the compression stage different. Each to their own though but thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

Oh wow that reddit is juicy! A place where you can bury yourself deeper and deeper if you so choose to.

What I mean is it is a moving cylinder not a moving bolt. To use the ATM gearbox as an example it’s bolt is a mechanically actuated GBBR style bolt so it looks like a RS bolt. I would buy that gearbox in a second if we could get it Australia.
Whilst I appreciate that you have created something with more kick, from a visual stand point, there is no desirable aesthetic for me.

3 Likes

No problem. We wanted a standard v2 style gearbox that can fit any v2 style receiver without needing a special buffer tube and stock or proprietary gears etc so had certain constraints to deal with.

4 Likes

I’m not refuting your logic. If recoil was all you were chasing then you have achieved that. But as a milsimmer and if you were marketing to buyers like me you have missed your mark.
To me this no different to your speedyboi products.
That’s not an insult it’s just I’m disappointed because I feel buyers like myself are not catered for locally. Too much product locally is speedyboi or blasters based off stuff that was cutting edge 10 years ago or longer.
Hopefully this will change next year.

1 Like

Regarding ECCB, I couldn’t care less about the 4 idiots with FOMO, GBBRs are coming and I’m glad most people are patient enough to wait. Im more concerned at how ECCBs stupid markups will affect the pricing of future GBBRs.

I’ve noticed a reoccurring pattern and problem.

1. Retailers release ‘new’ Item with the classic huge gel ball markup

2. Realise people aren’t willing to buy it at ridiculous prices, items remain in stock for a long time

3. Announce sales 1-2 months later at 20% , 30% off

4. Lack of sales = less consideration for new and unique products. (More boring AEGs and bottom tier GBBs that are safer investments. Hooray)

Eh, I’m probably reaching and speculating too much. Regardless, I sure hope retailers are going to be decent and not take advantage of the ridiculous ECCB price.

5 Likes