New GBB Rifles

Don’t you mean the locking lugs?

1 Like

Just a heads up.
My spare mags turned up today.
They have issues filling.
Not leaking but looks like there is an issue with the seal with the gas refil nozzle.
It blows gas every where because it’s not forming a good seal.
The mag that came with the blaster is perfect.
All three spares have this issue.

2 Likes

Well that’s poop. Let us know how you go resolving this problem :+1:

1 Like

I have had the three valves soaking in silicon oil. Just a good drop on each one.
One has come good.
See how the others go in the morning.

3 Likes

Cool. Far out are these mags $170ea I was just looking at them. That is unreal

1 Like

Yeah.
Ihobbys come down under $150 but still it’s a kick in the balls.
I bought 3 to give me a total of 4.
I feel that’s what’s needed for it to be reasonably practical.

2 Likes

So firs game tonight.
All I can say is I love it.
With 4 mags it’s competitive for 15min x 2 games in CQB.

I would use 2 mags per game and reload at the end of 2.

I feel that’s very good.

There was a decent number of speedy bois and it was still reasonable competitive.

It was accurate for cross field action as well with me scoring a couple of decent long range kills.

Everything performed flawlessly other than the charging handle latch broke.

Fortunately it’s identical to the myriad of AEG ones I have lying around so I was able to swap it over.

My loading method without the strings is a bit time consuming but didn’t detract from the experience.

All in all I love it and I’ll struggle to go back to my aegs. :joy:

10 Likes

Awesome feedback mate and can see that a bit of fine tuning will have this as your reliable main blaster for these games :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks Doc.
I guess the big thing is these blasters aren’t the plinkers everyone thought they were going to be.
Certainly they have their place and are not the be all and end all. But those that were worried about using one in regular games can put that fear aside.

4 Likes

Cheers mate, like any of these things from the original Gen8’s right up to these awesome modern masterpieces…… everything is about simply addressing the OOTB faults to turn them into something accurate and reliable with only a few educated tweaks to their designs :ok_hand:

It’s common knowledge these days that the original suppliers have to dumb down their products output/performance to be able to meet local manufacturing and export restrictions.

Their products are actually really good quality value for money, but the purchaser has to be aware that there’s a certain amount of work to get the best performance from these as supplied OOTB.

1 Like

Slap a gen 8 generic Holo on it to Pay tribute to the founders of this great sport we all know and love.:+1:

1 Like

am sad am too poor to afford ;-;

…ditto. but I’m hanging out for an M1 carbine. Been longing for one since the little Johnny confiscation

3 Likes

Another update for those that wish to delete the feed ramp string.
I have made a loading tool.
It doubles as both a tool to keep the ramp in place but also to ensure smooth loading.
Using this means I can load pearls with minimal risk of breaking a gel and feeding to 30rd capacity.

5 Likes

Uh interesting but i would still rather the function over form for the mag so no string cut for me

1 Like

I don’t think I ever actually found the whole carcass of my “Little Johnny “ Gen8 :thinking::cry::joy:

2 Likes

…I just realised this is Danny trying to sock puppet the conversation around the GE M4s. To F tier his company goes I guess. Christ on a bike.

6 Likes

Yeah I saw that comment.
It’s not even worth responding.

It’s such a deluded reply.

It’s frustrating because there is so much uneducated information out there confusing the average punter.

Even the responses to RPM tech shops Mws are quite frankly frustrating.

I have a GE and I’m happy with it. But I’m under no illusion the quality level vs We.

But Danny’s are not factory and passing it off as such is false marketing.

But then for people to not understand the difference between a converted airsoft GBBR to the CNC work of art that RPM will be bring out at a true factory level - uuurgh - it drives me nuts.

If RPM’s GBBR all goes to plan it will be a clearly superior option on all levels to what we currently have. And mostly likely be substantially future-proofed whether it be quality of parts, workmanship, finish and technical level.

6 Likes

I’ve seen the work that RPM put into their products since the original P88 disaster. I expect that it will be properly developed before they release it

6 Likes