Old School Dinosaur Blasters

Is that the RX version?
Had a few different brand 74U’s, but none with the faux wooden furniture.

The old full plastic one with the manual mag😅
‘‘Twas before the rise of the glorious gen8😜

1 Like

The later JM J12 version was a magic blaster - fantastic out of the box performance. Was playing at the old Rochedale field with Hamish and Kenmar from the old forum and they were wiping the field with them. Stopped off at FTB on the way home and picked one up

2 Likes

Yeah, MST came up with an AK74U as well… but I think the JM J12 was better… harder hitter, at any rate :+1:

1 Like

Had 3 or 4 of the JM J12 AK’s…… definitely one of my most favourite blasters :ok_hand:

Outstanding performance even in stock standard form and were extremely reliable as well.

Only slightly modded one of them motor/barrel, spring upgrade, piston/cylinder head wise, but wasn’t really required other than just fixing up the factory air sealing etc.

Absolutely one of the best OOTB blasters in my experience :white_check_mark:

@Friendly_Fire @Bigmuthadrums

Literally sitting on top of the very first box that I opened!

Thought I would be there for hours digging through boxes, so this was an unexpected surprise :+1:

1 Like

Let me know if either of you or anyone else here is chasing one of these, especially if they are no longer available anywhere…… because it’s of no use to me!

Was ordered brand new from X-Force Tactical back in the day, along with a couple of packets of the larger gels required to run it…… received this, but they were all out of stock on the gels, so got refunded for those, or maybe not, but never got around to ever ordering suitable gels for it elsewhere…… so just got thrown into the spare parts pile :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

That plastic is even shinier then the original Mattel plastic furniture for the viet m16’s

1 Like

@Deadsquid
Yeah, but it comes up well with a coat of matt black… most ABS does :+1:

@DocBob I’ll definitely put my hand up for it please, Bob :raised_hand: Got a China Lake derivitive build in mind for one of these :thinking:
I’ll DM you and nut out the details, matey.
You’re a legend :+1:

1 Like

No worries, DM and only ask to cover the postage. I’m sure that it will come in handy for a project somewhere :sunglasses::+1:

China lakes are ugly bloop toobs and your a communist if you like them

Better start calling me “comrade” then, Squiddy :joy:

Like, you know they were made in Cali in the USA, yeah?

Yeah it certainly is…… but who doesn’t paint this stuff to suit their builds anyrate! :joy:

Speaking of M16 stuff…… I still have M16 buttstocks and a few handguards here that are also brand new and available at a good discount if anyone is chasing this older gear :thinking:

Not sure of the exact amount of stock that I have, but certainly came across a fair bit of it today, because even though I found the grenade launcher straight away, I had already allocated a few hours of searching while I was there…… so I got to find hundreds of other brand new old school gear still in their boxes that suit everything that you could even name for every model blaster ever released.

I still need to sit down and take an inventory of the thousands of parts that I have, but would seriously take days/weeks to catalog them all :roll_eyes:

EDIT Pretty sure that I have quite a few M16 specific magazines piled up somewhere as well!

Do it, Doc… old classic’s are cool. :+1:

Make some cash, move to Queensland, drop in and have a beer, build blasters again.

Then you’d have to buy all your stock back off everyone to start building again. :laughing:

1 Like

It would cost more to ship my parts over there and secure storage than it would cost for me to get there and find a house! :flushed::joy:

Yes that was it, made for interesting reading for sure :+1:

@Bigmuthadrums

Mate, that Grenadier handguard you showed me the other day? How is it secured at the pointy end? Does it use a handguard cap? :thinking:

I’m now thinking a folded sheet metal handguard like you mentioned… Grenadier style, for a full metal M16 build.

I believe it uses the standard end cap🤔

1 Like

Ah yeah, the triangular one… :wink:

@Bigmuthadrums has a Potato for a Camera! :joy: