Real Steel Thread

Starting this, as obviously, many of us have real steel as well.

Obviously, we are a gel blaster forum, but its appropriate to have a corner where we can discuss anything, real steel related.

Even more so here , keep things 100% legal, at all times.
Probably not an appropriate place to, joke either…(sorry, Squiddy!)

Most people are probably Cat A/B,

I saw in the vid, they said the 2 moa on the CZ 600, was mainly due to the stock.

This could be removed on the range, with benchrest, but as a hunting rifle, might be a drawback.
Accuracy is the most important, for a hunting rifle…

I’ll ask about interchangable barrel kits, but .300 Blackout has been released in the states…

Interesting to see, if other calibres are going to be available.

@Friendly_Fire

Air pistols, are cheap as chips to shoot…
I dont have a cat H license, too hard to keep it current, but if you have time, air pistols are cheap to buy and run…

.177 pellets, are cheap as…

Righto here. I got distracted looking at new guns I shouldn’t buy :rofl:

Trail in .300 BLK

I’ll go to cleavers, and see what other calibres are avail…
This vid is from the states, they are running a suppressor (illegal here), and lower velocity ammo…
around the 6:20 mark, they show barrel production…

2 Likes

Can you get air pistols on your a and b class. They fall under H pistol in Sa last I knew as they run afowl of the barrel length of 450mm in a b.

No, cat H in Qld, as well…

I couldn’t be bothered, with all the requirements, of cat H…(just how they want it).

When dad had his unit in NZ, you could still buy air pistols, over the counter…

If you really wanted a pistol , in QLD, an air pistol is the cheapest way to do it…

Cleavers have USA store too so they import, they can get a lot more than Nioa ever bothers to. :+1:

Its like walking into a muesum there, with all they have on the wall…

thommy’s m-16’s , AR-15, AK 47’s…you name it, they have it…

All functional.
Security, like fort Knox, as well…

Oh right, yea same here. I did have H for over 3 years and it was great fun. But then the mag ban came in to 10 rounds for semi pistols only. Then I shifted country so distance and work was becoming a problem so just decided, oh well had my fun with this but time to move on.

It was great fun no shit had a blast mostly IPSC ringing steel. 6-9 hundred rounds every Saturday :rofl: I reloaded so cheap as less than 20 cents a shot. Can’t even buy pistol powder now or primers. Eeesh

1 Like

Former Cat H holder. Fun times with the Beretta 92 FS, Beretta 87, Beretta 72, Taurus 357, Para Ordnance P18 - all pre mag crimp and barrel size restrictions.
But back when I was a uni student the comp shoot requirements were already too full on to keep up with so I just let it all lapse and sold it all to the dealer.

The funny thing is, you can legally have semi auto air rifles, in QLD, on a cat A license…

The PCP semi auto’s, are allowed…
The problem is, they cost around 2.5k +, and you need a scuba tank setup…

1 Like

I dont know the full range, but some are semi auto…

.30 cal semi auto air rifles…some serious energy levels there…

Aha! The Para they were popular in my time too. First of the fat frame 45’s nice.

Beretta I couldn’t afford the $1200 price tag so went with the Taurus PT99AFS for $690 new. Best pistol ever. Knock bowling pins easily at 150M all day miss a few but it was great especially with 30rnd mag :rofl:

Also the cop pistol Glock22 in .40S&W. That thing was insane lil power house compared to the 9 especially with 180g Hornady XTP’s loaded would blow a bowling pin apart. Reliable but not as accurate as the tearass.

1 Like

Yea same here pretty stupid isn’t it lol

Bird strikes, are a real problem, at airports…
Ibis’s are a bloody big bird… a few of them through the engine, can cause catastrophic damage…

They do “bird harrasment”, with a shotgun, loaded with blanks…
This causes them to…
Take off, fly in a circle, and land about 200m away…

I have often said…
A work ute, with a raised platform (so you are shooting downwards, into soft ground), professional shooter, and .25 cal semi auto PCP air rifle…

Birds are not stupid, they quickly learn the places, where they are being hunted…

You’d only need to cull a few initially, then just a couple every now and again, that test the waters…

The bleeding heart brigade would be all “oh no , you cant do that…”

Really…?

Do YOU wanna be the person, onboard a 737, when it has a flameout on takeoff…??

Go home, to your chicken dinner…

1 Like

They are a big bird I get the odd one stop by here. Jeez could only imagine that’d be a nightmare if one of those got in the turbine.

People have to look at the bigger picture and realize you sometimes have to be cruel to be kind. Do nothing and consequences can be a lot worse.

Some landfill rubbish dumps employ professional shooters across the world as a full time job to keep the flocks of birds away. They only need to land the projectile next to the animal and it gets the hint not to come back.

Scully, " hero of the hudson", hit a flock of geese, on takeoff…

Double engine failure…

I’ve come close, to a large flock of birds, out of darwin on take off…

Yes, ibis’s are a protected species…
But , exemptions could be issued, for controlled culling, under controlled circumstances…

Thats the strength / weakness of airguns…
Powerful over short distances, but losing energy very quickly…your safe 300+ metres away…and very quiet.

Teds holdover, is a US airgun reviewer / professional pest controller…

His vids are good…humane kills, does pest control around farms with live cattle, they are not spooked…minimal damage to surrounding infastructure… (warning hunting video)

Shows what a good air rifle can do…

Ha I’ve watched some of his vids before.

Yes animals are protected for a reason but what about the roo that jumped out of the scrub on the sideroad and decided to headbutt my 4wd and end up on the bonnet. Blood and guts everywhere. Lucky I got away with minimal vehicle damage. That is how accidents happen and people die.

Gov exemptions easily can be issued, likely not with the useless current gov going tit for tat with the greens and getting nothing done but yes it can.

Have you had a look at their Colt collection?