Real Steel Thread

@BME There is also this Eureka Gun Company – The Stockade (eurekaguns.au)

coming out in a few months if that takes your fancy. Bit pricey for entry. I got close to crunching the pre order button.

Be the first true lever release made in Australia. Warricks is another but a straight pull. Talk of other calibers like 9mm and 300.

You mean, the $4000.00+ jobbies…??

I try, not to look at them…
PTA = Please Turn Away…!!! ( not Permit To Acquire)

He has a collection of historic firearms in the vault. Called the Colt room.

I haven’t seen it.

Ive seen, lotsa Very expensive handguns though…

Good on him…someone’s gotta do it…!

1 Like

@BME I did a bit of deep dive on the CZ600 Trail this arvo. It was meant to be barrel caliber switchable from the get go from 223 to 762x39 only. But CZ never followed through with that feature as the 762 model was meant to use Bren2 magazines. Which be unobtanium virtually.

CZ have dropped a lot of products as they re sort things after the Colt acquisition.

1 Like

So, if im happy…

with a light, small , narrow .223

That has a spread of 1.3 inches over 100m…

Which, if varmint hunting, head shotting, you either kill outright, or miss completely…
Thats all alright…?!

I reckon i could live with that…!!
Gel blaster acuraccy…??? plate at 15m…??

Absolutely, you go with what ever one you like! They are all good really. :+1:

I did watch a video on a walk through of Cleavers vault collection. Trying to remember who did that. See if I can find it. Oh it was Ozzie reviews… 10 years ago eeesh where does time go…

Can you do us a livestream when you go in. I’ll hop on, yep buy that and this and that, oh need that too :rofl:

Had lunch with a friend who has a number of rifles and is a regular at Belmont. He said best value was Howa from Cleavers. He has them in .223 and ,308. Also said there are a couple of really nice hardly used high end .223’s (not Howas) in the Cleaver second hand rack

1 Like

I went there today.

The cz trail, was out of stock…bummer…they all sold out quickly.
No complaints, about accuracy, from customers…
No idea, when new stock is arriving.

I held a similar model light / tactical pistol grip.
It felt comfortable.
Different, from a traditional rifle, but still very useable.
The lighter weight, is a huge difference, and worth pursuing …

Then they pulled out the Tikka’s…man thats one smooth action.

The store at caboulture does have a cz trail 600, i might duck up 2morrow, for a look…

And cleavers, just wow… i know where im going when the zombie apocolypse hits…!!!

SPAS12 on the wall, i didnt see that last time… tempted to take some photo’s , but probably not the done thing…!!

@Docbob would be lathering, at all the old classics on the wall…!!

Stop rubbing it in! :roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did you see the F1 and the Owen gun or have they moved on. The F1 is extremely rare as the gov decided it was not good and straight out destroyed them all. Bit like they are doing today with some stuff.

Oh stop it……… don’t you bloody start! :joy:

The owens was there, not sure about the F1.
Man, they have Everything…!! … sales rack down low, museum up high.!

All black SPAS 12, stuck out…

The cz455 barrel change kit, has been out of stock…for 2 years.
Thats a shame, it’d be good to be able to change the little CZ, in a .22 mag…

Interestingly enough, a caboulture gunstore has the .223 CZ Trail 600 in stock, i’ll head up there 2morrow…

Maybe i can find a barrel kit online / interstate some where…

You can hear it gently,
in the whisper of the wind,
in the russle, of the trees…

“Move to qld…!”

Looking at the real steel pieces up on the wall, our gel equivalents are pretty good copies…

Just a bit too new, and too clean…
The real stuff is worn and tattered, as you’d expect…!

1 Like

I might come over for just a single day, only wanting to simply fondle an Owen in my hot little hands :hugs:

I’ve got a room for you, im only 5 mins away…

Good luck touching the Cat R stuff though…

Any attempt to touch them , would have alarms blaring, doors locking down, cops being called…

… and the staff very quickly finding ammo , for the plethora of available firearms…

I’ll wait outside…!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Na had enough of queensland weather thanks lately with the humidity killer you can have back. Plus heaps of trailer trash is moving there from lower down the coast.

Been to queensland before, meh. Not a blonde with big tits to be seen on the gold coast.

Yea as I said with CZ they have not kept stock up to what is advertised during the Colt takeover. Not sure what’s happening there wether CZ has gone full military production(most likely) or what.

Ruger has come through their buy of Marlin successfully except for one thing. 2 grand for a lever action, umm what happened to the budget and good enough brand I adored in a Marlin .22 sa for $260 brand new. Eeesh :pinched_fingers:

1 Like

And, Aust is one of the smaller markets in the world…

Same as everything ( TV’s , phones, Tech etc) else, we get yesterdays technology, tomorrow…

Limited production run, make 1000 of a model, send 800 to the states, 150 to europe, and 50 to Oz…

1 Like

Tikkas are real good but usually a long action. Always like glass action and on the high end of accuracy and quality. Those Finns make a fine gun :+1: