Real Steel Thread

Our old family bolt actions are like glass too :ok_hand:

Unfortunately it’s like broken glass, but it keeps the little finger and wrist/grip strength strong! :flushed::joy:

1 Like

Fun fact see if anyone remembers. There is bugger all info you can find about it as it has been scrubbed.

Australia had a bumper year on wheat and barley. Prime minister Paul Keating fkd a few things up as usual for export.

But aha Keating struck a deal with China called grain for guns deal. We send boatloads of our surplus grain and they sent us 300000 SKS-D (D for detachable mag) models brand new with 3x 30 round AK mags and a shit ton of norinco ammo.

Crap gun and shit ammo.

Have a guess how mony of those got handed in the semi auto ban of Howard days. 60000.

I remember going to my fav local Thursday night shopping. Open the door and just cases of chinese stuff. I said wtf and Dad’s mate said oh yep $70 with 3x30 rnd mags and a case of 1200 ammo done :rofl:

It was not bad for the cost of a toilet roll. But yea utilitarian. Groups yea good if you like 6Moa at 50 yards shooting 7 cent per round steel core ammo.

@Deadsquid I want to play a game. Just dusted some off. What is this?

Don’t know the name of it but it’s a fascist spain armourers proof stamp

Looks like FR8 Mauser carbine

1 Like

No soup for you. Wombat wins. French not spanish.

Just a fan of carbines. Lust after a No5.

Curious. L:ooks like a Spanish manufacture stamp

Fabrica De Armas La Coruña

What is the date stamp? Is the stamp from the same FR8?

1 Like

That’s why I guessed fascist Spain considering it has 1938 date stamp

Maybe it doesen’t show up in the pics but it is 1952 rebarrel to 7.62 Nato for their interim rifle while they waited for Cetme rifles to arrive. Why it has Cetme parts on it to familiarize the troops.

And yes I did have a brain fart it is Spanish, I was thinking of my other one. So Wombat wins.
:rofl:

@Deadsquid disqualified for using Google :laughing:

1 Like

Gg you lose 20 characters

Tony was good enough to give our family a tour of the Colt room last year. Wife n kids got to pose with their favorite guns for photos. Unbelievable collection

2 Likes

I was in Cleavers this Tuesday past. Gonna go back and buy a Sulun shotgun.

Saw two of them being used at Belmont today and bumped into an old mate who has one. All happy with their purchase

Today’s bang sticks

1 Like

Looks cool
!!

Is that a muzzle loader, far left.?.?

1 Like

I see you’re using G96, I use it too good stuff, love the smell. Use it for aftershave.

1 Like

@BME get it sent your way :+1:

1 Like

I actually got my hands on one, at the store in Caboolture

Positives: its light
very light. Collapsable stock shortens it, a lot.

Downsides: the number one, is the cheek piece. I instantly found it uncomfortable. Its not adjustable either. It could be removable, but then your resting your cheek on the stock arm. The stock did have a little wobble in it, you had to pull it in tight, to remove slack. The action was a little rougher, compared to the Howa’s.

I also saw on usedguns.com, a cz600 trail for sale, dude used it once, found it uncomfortable, and is now selling it.

I wish you could " try before you buy", 30-40 rounds, and you get a feel if you like it or not

Also, just found out I have to pay an “extra” sum to the ATO, due to “joint owned” stuff with mum

Its a large amount, so thats gonna hurt

Also the ducted A/C is not working at the investment property down the coast
more potential costly repairs

Hoping its just the compressor, the unit is about 15 yrs old
it’ll be a big expense to replace the whole unit

So, i’ll sit on my hands for abit, maybe a good 2nd hand Howa from cleavers is all i really need

and, the CZ 455 .22 to .22mag kits, haven’t been in stock for 2 years
 :unamused: :unamused:

2 Likes

They have a used black creek labs bison, for $1200.

Muzzle break, and a magpul stock.
Ive not had any experience, are they a well reputed brand?

Either that, or get a Howa action, and synth collapsable stock

Or, the mini action Howa , for $1200, new

1 Like

Yes, reproduction Brown Bess, it belongs to my mate. I fired it for the first time that day. Just about burned my eyebrows off :rofl::rofl:

Don’t know about that Bison, would have to check some reviews out on it.

I’d get a Howa mini action anyday. Mate has one and it’s gold.