Real Steel Thread

Have you used a straight pull shotty? I’ve got an Impala and in hindsight, kind think the LH version would be quicker to cycle at speed (as a RH shooter) -finger can stay close to the trigger. Not sure what glove you are, but something to consider/research. I could be dead wrong in that theory .

1 Like

Thats what i’m thinking…
Bison is shorter / compact, but super loud with a muzzle break…

You don’t really need one, one a .223…

$1200 for a newie, is pretty good…

Good you got to get a feel of the CZ600. Often those type stocks aren’t very comfortable or rigid. Cross that off the list.

even if you removed the cheek piece, and possibly made up your own custom one, there would still be the issue of the slight stock wobble…

Then , the varying accuracy reports…

Accuracy is the most important item, other preferences are secondary.
Shame though, i do like the compact / light presentation…

1 Like

I’m a righty. The Sulun is lever release, only use the charging handle to get the gun into battery. After that it’s basically a semi auto that locks back on each shot. Release lever is under the trigger guard. Don’t have to remove trigger hand.

1 Like

I’ve an Adler lever action 12g in stainless synthetic… I know I know… its SO 2016 :sweat_smile:

People moan about them but it runs everything I put through it and there’s something oh so satisfying about racking that lever :sunglasses:

1 Like

What about this:
HOWA
MINI RYX COMPACT
223REM, 10 SHOT
DETACHABLE MAGAZINE
20" VARMINT BARREL
1 IN 8" TWIST
MDT PIC RAIL
MDT SPORTSMAN CARBINE CHASSIS SYSTEM
MDT PISTOL GRIP
MDT BUFFER TUBE
MDT CASTLE NUT
MIDWEST FOLDING STOCK ADAPTER
NOVESKE KX5 FLAMING PIG LINEAR COMPENSATOR

AVAILABLE IN
WITH MAGPUL SL COLLAPSIBLE STOCK NEW $1690
PROHIBITED IN NSW !!!

1 Like

Stop Spending My Money…!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The .22 WMR barrel kit, for the CZ is $300…
This is actually cheaper, and doubles as a coat hanger…!!

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/610487/

Cheaper than most gelblasters, too…!!

Untitled

ohhhh … thats an interesting action

Where do you hold on to it. Glad to see it’s survival and has an in built cheese grater. I wouldn’t survive without my cheese :laughing:

You know what…

I bought it.

The guy lives locally, we met at Cleavers, and i couldn’t get past…
“Fuck it…for $200 , why not…” ( And, it takes up virtually no safe space.)

My CZ is actually a 452, which doesn’t have the barrel swap capability.
( I bought a while back, when the 455 was coming out, hence the confusion)
So, no barrel swaps for me, even if kit were available…

So, now wanting a .22mag, this thing is

1. So cheap,

2. Very safe, with compact storage , and a non-scratch storage bag

3. So light (1.3 kg’s)

4. Pretty accurate…( chuck on a red dot, the guy in the vid was getting 35-40 mm groups, at 100m…)

5. can you complain for the price…??

This could be a good ute gun for a farmer, for clearing traps etc.
Safe with open break action, carries ammo on the stock, light and easy to get out of its storage bag…

I’ve gone from having nothing .22mag, to having a .22 mag, for $200… :smiley: :smiley:
( At least when the PTA turns up)!

As this guy says…“they’re just fun…!”

I saw on usedguns, a 2nd hand cz452 .22Mag…for $800.
Yes, it will shoot further, and more accurately with a longer barrel, but…

It’s 4 times the price, and another full size gunsafe slot gone.
I’d rather get a cheap , fun , filler for .22mag calibre,
And put the $ and safe storage towards a good .223…

2 Likes

Stock, what stock…??

Cough, (sten) Cough (sten)…!!

The funny thing is, when the action was locked into place…
The chiapa, didn’t have the wobble , of the CZ600 trail…
One piece, solid…!

$200 expectations, for a $200 rifle.! :rofl:

I’m looking forward, to having a play, with it…
Just a fun, little plinker, out around past 100m…

1 Like

I’m gonna drag up my previous comments about my own personal likes of the ergonomics/comfortable use of the old heavier/steadier/wooden furniture rifles over those sharp edged/wobbly/uncomfortable/lightweight military type designs such as the CZ.

I’m not surprised that now you have one that you are finding it uncomfortable/wobbly in its usage! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gotta admit that little cracker barrel would definitely be a handy little tool for many different occasions :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For the Chiappa…
I just couldn’t say no…

so small, so light, so cheap…you can store it in a tennis racket cover, in your safe…for $200…

A dedicated , mid range, hunting rifle.?.. No
Close in work /plinking fun…yes.!
$200… thats one tank of fuel , and some groceries…(gone in one week)

OR

a .22mag WMR! (keep that, in the safe)

Why not.?!

1 Like

Those sights in the video looked worse quality than cheap plastic toy blaster sights :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can see issues trying to use the original sights as well considering the placement of the forward hand on the barrel possibly blocking the line of sight?

A raised red dot/small scope would definitely overcome that issue, and I would also wrap some cloth tape around the front barrel as a nice addition to hold/aim it more comfortably……. but it certainly seems like a great little rifle for sure :ok_hand:

Yeah, i reckon a small red dot system, would improve the accuracy…
or a small 4x32 scope…

you could even add, a pistol grip, if you wanted…though that would take away from the compactness, of the rifle…

$200… i have paid more for air rifles…

1 Like

Forgot to mention,?make sure that whoever you get to look at the AC, get them to check the Starter Capacitor for the motor before getting told that you “need a whole new system” :roll_eyes:

The motor starter capacitor is the issue in most situations, as they do degrade over time and are a cheap and easy replacement to get the system running like new again.

Maybe someone can check the capacitor out first before spending a lot of money with an AC company who is most likely going to give you the standard old sales pitch of “Nah it’s an old system mate, it’s buggered and we’ll have to replace it all”.

They obviously sell more AC Systems this way and can maximise profits on replacement installations rather than just replacing a simple cheap part to repair the current system :roll_eyes:

Thanks.
I never used the ducted much, when we lived there…

Rapey-Rapey, power wise, to run…

Put a 2.5kw in the master, and a 5.0kw in the living/dining/ kitchen room…

Good enough, for me and my ex…
but tennants , want more…
Lets just see, how the ducted is…

Just spent a lot, on the back garden…

Ha nice one. Have you seen the price of 22wmr ammo these days, probably want single shot anyway :rofl: It will be a fun lil thing.

I too have a CZ 452 22lr so no barrel swappies for me. But I do have Dad’s Krico 22wmr to cover that. It’s a fine rifle and done many rabbits and foxes in.

1 Like