Real Steel Thread

When old technology becomes new again :astonished:

ooOoo thatā€™s dope,

Turn the crank

images (3)

Ah, the ATF are gonna have a field day with that oneā€¦ :joy:

I like this comment ā€œSuddenly that 20v brushless motor seems very temptingā€

Hmm lipos in the buffer tube check oh where have we done that before :rofl:

ATF would have to reclassify, as they have been down that road with binary triggers that shoot quicker than full auto because it relys on the shooters speed.

But yeah fk that crank crap besides a range toy, never needed and really useless besides belt fed and suppressing weapons. Small arms, all doctrine is to keep on semi for the most part. Train your booger hook.

Colonial days version of the ā€œbump stockā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Might go full circle the way things are going and back at flint locks :rofl:

Wouldnā€™t be surprised the way the new laws are heading :roll_eyes:

I meant for defence forces as well :laughing:

hmm not bad at all. Verry interesting if they can keep barrel life up to it. Always a problem going way back with hotrods like 220 swift and others. Still if they factor that in a maintenance cycle well yea thatā€™ll ā€œgit er doneā€

1 Like

A GBBR wound be nice

Iā€™d have one for sure

since ive got the Sig 551 gel, I thought Iā€™d look up the real steel version

why canā€™t we have nice things in Australia :sob::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::joy:

The SIG 550 series is the grand daddy from the 60ā€™s or something. Reaally good battle rifle those svens know how to make a fine rifle.

The Sig Sauer which is the evolvement of the MCX AR15 ish and been in constant evolvement over the last 10 years. The first no BS range report on the OP Fury round. Which was what the US military dictate. Overmatch, overpower, underundies, and fk you jack.

I was interested because I knew it runs around the 80k psi range where as your average 556 or 762 is around the 60k range. That is a fair jump. It achieves the velocity by the looks which is impressive.

Afaik this SIG spear with the 6.8mmx51mm is only issued to frontline 101st and the 82nd. M4 pea shooters for the rest. That may change though.

I find the choice interesting as they will need a good resupply of barrels to keep up with that. US military is generally really good at logistics so should be all right in that respect.

Me likey :+1: James Bond somethingā€¦

2 Likes

looks a bit used, Iā€™d be wearing gloves too, unless youā€™ve had it since new, you never know where itā€™s been :wink::joy:

looks sic as, pity he didnā€™t fire it

1 Like

Yes only annoying thing with IC, he fiddles with them inside out but doesenā€™t follow through.

Bit like taking the missus out on a date and not having kids :laughing:

To be fair he does range tests some of 'emā€¦ never seem to be the uber cool ones though.

A lot of them are on loan for the review from private collections, I guess some owners are a bit funny about Ian sending rounds. :man_shrugging:

His giveaways make me cryā€¦ livinā€™ in the wrong part of the world for those. :joy:

Oh for sure. Some of them are that rare you just canā€™t shoot them.

Sometimes itā€™s to do with the country they are in like England even though Royal Armouries has their own indoor range that lucky bugger Jonathan F gets to dump AKā€™s down. Thatā€™s a real good utoob channel to watch Royal Armouries, the collection is immense and some rare ones, from prototypes like the EM2 to Australian stuff, American, Chinese, Russian all sorts. Great vid on the firing of the EM2 somewhere on the toob.

Iā€™d die and go to heaven if I walked in. :joy:

1 Like

that fake ass Russian accent FPSRussisa dude that used to do the gun reviews used to show off some nice guns, shit went sideways for him real quick.

definitely some conspiracy behind his downfall

1 Like

Oh yeah, I remember FPSRussiaā€¦

I suspect the ATF had him in their sights for a long time. :thinking

On the BATF watchlist you kind of loose the accent pretty quick :joy: I remember that one as it happened.