Real Steel Thread

yeah I only came in halfway through the series before his colleague was executed. still not sure they ever solved the murder if memory :thinking: might have to look into it again

1 Like

Nah, still unsolved.

1 Like

I seriously doubt it ever will be from the seems of it, from what I recall of the circumstances it mustā€™ve been someone he knew and trusted as there was no signs of struggle or distress, unless it was a ninja or a professional hit

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely the FSB :rofl: :joy: :laughing: :joy: :+1:

I so need to get the gel version :drooling_face:

@Friendly_Fire I know youā€™re not overly keen, buuuuut, what would it take to convince you to convert another magazine to electric like BMEā€™S?? happy to pay :money_with_wings::moneybag::heavy_dollar_sign: and no rush on turnaround

*editā€¦ stale, it wants you to be signed into YouTube to watch the video through here :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Seems the MP7 is a pile of junk. Even more problems with the US manufactured T7. :thinking: Likely why HK never imported to USA.

Electrodes to the nipples and a pair of rabid chihuahuas chewing on my nutsack might do it :joy:

Nah, joking. :wink: It wouldnā€™t be hardā€¦ but Iā€™m curious as to why you want to convert to full electric thoughā€¦ spring mags are pretty good performers and usually have slightly higher capacity, the motorā€™s up high away from any water in the mag bottom from your gels, and whatā€™s leftover at mag empty is usually only a few gels instead of a feed tube full of 'em.

Is there something about the MP40 spring mags Iā€™m unaware of? Iā€™m not familiar with them. :man_shrugging: I havenā€™t done a mag conversion for BMEā€¦ yet :wink:

Whereā€™s @Bigmuthadrums when you need him? :laughing:

1 Like

Different type of spring mag.
The rail that holds gels, is at the frontā€¦.and holds about 30 gels.
Dumps the lot , in 2 seconds.

Then you have to jiggle gels from the back, to the front, through a small internal hole.

Worst design I ever saw.

If they were proper / whole mag fed at once by a spring , they would be fine.

I had to buy an arp mag, for motor and feed tube, bigmutha had to gut the mp mag, and transplantā€¦.and wire in power, to feed the new mag connectionsā€¦

Not a small undertakingā€¦.

ORā€¦.

Design your own full spring mag, from scratchā€¦

4 Likes

my bad, I thought it was you that did the conversion for bmeā€¦

just not keen on doing the jiggle jiggle shit to feed prime the mag every ten seconds, itā€™s annoying as doing it in the manual LH 1911 Vietnam pistol I got for the young fellas birthday. got my old boy the same Vietnam pistol for fatherā€™s Day n itā€™s annoying always having to prime them like thatā€¦

not fussed about dumping the mag in 2 seconds lol makes it a bit more fun. but just an idea, still havenā€™t pulled the trigger on buying the mp40 yet lol

1 Like

Oh okayā€¦ sounds like an absolute shitter of a mag as it is. Sounds like an upside down hopper with a spring acting in place of gravity. No mag terminals on the gearbox then? Sheesh!

Shouldnā€™t be hard to convert though, I didnā€™t know BigMutha had done a conversion for you.

I like your idea of a redesign like the M4 spring mags though, BME. :+1: watch, Murpy Inc. will release a kit now. :laughing:

Hmmmā€¦ spare mags available for them at GBUā€¦ for over $50!

1 Like

Itā€™s all about the ringsā€¦

First, the ponde-ringā€¦
Next, the delive-ringā€¦

Then,

The Suffe-ringā€¦!!

Spring mp5 mags, are smaller, would fit inside a gutted mp40 mag, and just need the upper and lower plate extended to fit internallyā€¦

But still, needing a small feed motor at the topā€¦

x-force has the spare mags for $50

also fits the S&T Model 12, and the Sten MKII, so @BME wouldā€™ve been set already if he hadnā€™t previously done the conversion although Iā€™m curious of the compatibility :thinking:

wait a minuteā€¦

I wonder if that means I could buy a mag for the Sten MKII and it work in the MP40 :thinking:

probably not cuz I donā€™t think the mp40 is set as isā€¦ @BME did you guys need to do anything in the MP40 to get the mags to feed? I think youse ran some wires through it to send power to the magazine didnā€™t you?

well that fucks that plan :weary::rofl::joy:

Youā€™d have to wire in mag terminals.

If you could find a mag that fit the magwell and lined up it could be done. :man_shrugging:

I notice GarandThumb is no longer sponsored by Sonoran Desert Instituteā€¦

Guess that report about them being dodgyā€™s got some elements of truth to it. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, all of the Utoobers have dropped them. Thought I mentioned it awhile back.

Just a rip off company for some bullshit weetbix packet qualification that holds no standards or actual training. An online course you can do some things but definitely not when it is using your hand skills in a practical way in person.

I should ask if they do an online course for Hammers :rofl: or welding, grinding, filing, machining, fitting being the ultimate capture all word.

New Bren 3 - hopefully someone will produce one

Cool read awhile ago they were taking field issues on board and updating it :+1:

Looks mean, I like it. Bloody short barrels for 556 though.

Speaking of short, I watched a in depth hours long Q tour. Man that was interesting, talk about innovation. Amazed me with the metal and research these guys donā€™t f around.

1 Like

Also for somebody canā€™t remember who said 5.7mm P90 is shit and doesnā€™t penetrate body armour, which is dependent on which body armour it is of course as the round was developed 30 years ago there has been many advancements in body armour. But still I present example A

Damn, I love CZ firearmsā€¦ :blush:

2 Likes