Real Steel Thread

Oh yeah :rofl:

@Friendly_Fire about the 12m mark they run your fav MP5SD6 :+1: Bit of a laugh with some shenanigans :rofl:

Pretty full on courseā€¦ looks like it would be a hoot.

Ziga cracks me upā€¦ I thought he was going to pull that obstacle over on top of himself for a minute there when he was leaning out firing single handed. :rofl:

Itā€™s a real shame none of our fields set up courses like thisā€¦ itā€™d do well, especially for old blokes like me who arenā€™t really fast enough or mobile enough to get out of the way in normal game play.

You versus the timer instead of you versus a bunch of rabid millenials. :joy:

Amen. I hate being the regular target whenever I play. have to wear balaclava to hide the white hair. Keep getting shot up by those young players who are able to get up after they lie down for sneaky shots

Yeah, I hear ya. :rofl:

If I lay down on the ground for a sneaky shot theyā€™d probably need one of these to get me vertical againā€¦ :joy:

Always good to watch Zigaā€™s channel Polenar for a laugh. His pistol went down hard, that was strange. Something must have broken.

I cracked up when they ask that lady hey Ian :rofl: :laughing: :+1:

Been liking the collabs with gun jesus. Good laughs :+1:

images (1)

thereā€™s always alternative options, although some all terrain tyres would be better on the gel fields :grimacing::joy:

Turret mounted Minigun would be betterā€¦ :thinking:

Yeah, Ian can be quite boring on his ownā€¦ Ziga brings a lot of humour into the mix. :+1:

Been watching some of the testing MAC has been doing with the 6.8mmx51mm. Very interesting. All that pressure to get velocity out of a short barrel. They could run a bullpup with longer barrel :person_shrugging: 4" groups with the military round but moa with the 277 fury match type.

Like this https://youtu.be/wDTu1YiCY0o?si=4H_n_0NUIz23kfJP 9 hole was a good watch. That fps is nuts for 556 3400fps. Iā€™d love to chrono my Ruger 26" 223, that would be up there. For hunting I like the longer barrels to give better terminal effect. You can really notice it compared to something like the Ruger ranch with 16" barrel. Besides being obnoxiously loud you loose a heap of fps. Pointless in a bolt action IMO

Yeah, when you look at the rifles chambered in 5.56 that had the best lethality they were always the long boysā€¦ 20" M16s, etc.

Demo Ranch had one up recently, compared M4 5.56 velocities with three different barrel lengths, the shortest being 4.75". Interesting stuff.

Yea, 556 is a really good round. Just not in anything short barrel.

I still donā€™t get why the yanks switched to 14" and shorter AR barrels. I know for weight and CQB was the doctrine. But man no wonder those skinnies wouldnā€™t go down at 400 when you run limp.

The Aussie Sten Gunā€¦ The Owen SMG

looks pretty ghetto but apparently was extremely reliable and effective

We did actually have the AUSTEN but it was not as reliable as the Owen which was favoured.

Austen submachine gun - Wikipedia

1 Like

austin-powers

itā€™s even got that grip BMEā€™s missing :joy:

The OWEN definitely shat all over the Austen!.

Standard old practice where simplicity overruled modernization and more technical ā€œimprovementsā€ dreamt up by some pencil pushers in an Engineering department somewhere :roll_eyes:

1 Like

On another subject we were discussing recently, have a watch of this. Holy cow what a bubba job on that one :rofl:

cost of living pressures.

Cant afford quality rifles.

Theyā€™ll have to give him some tainted KFC insteadā€¦

What did Leon, of " The Professional" sayā€¦

the better the assassin, the closer they can getā€¦

" Yes sir mr trump, one extra large bucket of KFCā€¦and, your ozempic shot is ready to goā€¦!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

the shooters rifle looked ghetto as fuck :rofl:

painted like my old spud gun!