Real Steel Thread

@Friendly_Fire ooow check this beauty out from our favored manufacturer :+1:

1 Like

Ordered an el cheapo stainless Rossi Puma 92 lever action in .357 the other day. $999 from Cleavers, I couldnā€™t afford not toā€¦

Turns out everyone else couldnā€™t afford to miss it either, out of stock :neutral_face:

Sold like hotcakes after the SSAA article.

Nothing wrong with those babies after a bit of a tweak and tune which I did myself.

Had for several years now, accurate, economical and fun to plink with. Good for short range goats :+1:

1 Like

I saw that one yesterday. What a cool little concept SMG. :ok_hand: Those Czech designers were onto it, gotta love CZ.

Howā€™s the furniture on it? Resin impregnated cloth. :thinking:

Love the backwards chambering too. :+1: it would have been a ripper if it had gone into production.

I donā€™t know if you watch this guy too, but a lot of humour in his content.

I sure do watch that guy. :ok_hand: See heā€™s unmasked himself these days. lol

The furniture on the CZ that was crazy, sure Ian Mc said it was lead impregnated. I might have misheard though. Happens often in my world :rofl: First look thought might be bakelite but nope.

The drawback action. Even the mag, double stack single feed. Like most semi 9mm pistolas these days and past SMGā€™s.

Clever and smart designers. I just had to make sure you had watched it, because :rofl: :+1:

Yeahā€¦ you know Iā€™m a huge CZ fan. :laughing:

Oh yes and for good reason.

CZ bought Colt out earlier and are rebooting it getting classics like the Python and Anaconda out. Fired an Anaconda before. Yep donā€™t be limp wristed with full house rounds. :rofl:

The Bren 3 that looks cool doing feedback improvements. A lot of manufacturers donā€™t do that.

That 80grn overpressure 556 is pretty awesome. Never heard of that one. Still got FN made SS109 with the steel core. Straight through an old bath tub that does LOL

Iā€™ve got a .357 lever PTA for Cleavers so weā€™ll see what happens. The longer barrel version might end up in the safe

1 Like

Maybe keep an eye out here OZ GUN SALES - Online Firearms Classifieds - depends if you want to do interstate thing which your local will take care of for a fee.

I donā€™t know what SAAA is so have missed that article. Only SSAA around my way.

Doesnā€™t matter, I pre ordered and paid deposit with 6 month wait as I knew they were good but the shop will get it eventually.

They come through NIOA except for Cleavers they direct import. I see they have jumped 30% in price, but eh what hasnā€™t. Look at the price on the Ruglins. Better bang for the buck for sure with the Rossi.

Was recommended by shop owner after I was keen on a Marlin but they went through the Remington collapse.

There is a few simple tricks to slick the Rossi up if you are interested I can share the info somehow. Actually got a DVD with the kit but last I checked USA clamped down on that.

Taurus have remedied a few niggles with them since I bought mine so not really crucial. A mate has an exact later model and thatā€™s flawless and straight out the box.

If youā€™re in to reloading you can load the 38 special up to low 357 mag pressures safely , replace the tube mag follower with a Marlin one, cut the spring down and get an extra 2 rounds in :wink:

ISorry - typo SSAA - last magazine did a review of the Rossi. Ours came from Cleavers

Have bought a few guns online site unseen but sometimes you just want that new gun smell. And at 999 I couldnā€™t say no.

Good thing about those trapper models and 38 special is how good it is for the kids to shoot.

My son is up to 12g target loads now but the daughter is still on 22 & 223

1 Like

Oh yea that new one smell.

Thatā€™s cool with your kids. Good on you. A lot of youth miss out on that these days and get scared because of media. My Dad taught me :wink:

1 Like

I get more out of watching them shoot than doing the shooting myself these days. The boy shot his first goat a couple of weeks ago, very much a proud father moment.

Here he is with his first 12g

It is a nice feeling helping the young ones and seeing the smile on their face. :+1:

Itā€™s blatantly obvious by his stance and actions that heā€™s a very safe and competent shooterā€¦ well done :+1:

I agreeā€¦ fk that thing :laughing:

Noticed the Morita Starship Troopers on his wall lately. Wonder what is going on with that. Maybe AS :person_shrugging:

Yeah they got some weird stuff during the assault rifle ban, thatā€™s for sure. :laughing:

You would have seen his demo on the Romanian PAR-3 pump AK about a year ago? Dumb as it was, at least that puppy worked. Basically an AK without a gas block.

But that hybrid 7.62 /12g abomination wasnā€™t even close to working. :joy: Nice to see Brandon treating it with the contempt it deserves.

I did about the PAR-3. I remember they were trying to get them imported to Aus some time ago, but nope. We go suck an egg instead.

There are some real shit heaps about. They never take off usually reliability issues or how was the price on it nearly $2k usd back in 1999. Like wtf :laughing:

Was just watching

haha that middle east guy, omg haha I got a solution for the war, give him more ammo :laughing: