Recent purchases

No, I meant when you pushed the pin in to unlock the stock, how far did it go in? I’m not sure mine is going in far enough.

yeah, just over 1.3 cm…i lubed the pin, with silicone spray…makes life easier…

1 Like

Fill the holes with wood glue, and stuff with matchsticks.
Reuse original screws (or new ones that are only slightly longer), tighten to desired tourque, then leave it a day or two to go off.

4 Likes

I have some wood screws at home, twice the length…wood glue, and extra material would be better for swapping for more of the same, from ihobby…

wish we didnt have to do this…

3 Likes

Some bloke on the X-Force Facebook was saying he was having the same problems. Oh the joys of being guinea pigs :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Loose screws, with sloppy holes…i wont say , anymore…
this is deadsquid , territory…

1 Like

Yeah returning is an option, but they’re all potentially in the same boat…
At least this is a relatively easy fix… The ol’ glue ‘n’ matches works a treat…

4 Likes

You should know by now that we are the R&D section of the gel blaster industry :grinning:
Only problem is we can’t send it back to the engineering division and say “fix this before it goes out”

1 Like

Don’t ask!:rofl:

2 Likes

needs some led lighting. also is that the new battlelink on the side there?

I believe that is a carabiner lol

Will figure it all out once it arrives :rofl:
You don’t think I actually payed any attention to the description do you?:crazy_face:

Got the stock off the STG this morning. Had to actually punch that pin out. Then had to ream out the bush slightly and sand the pin to get them working properly together.
My stock is not like @BME 's. No wobble or movement at all on the metal portion. And the “wood” is definitely wood, not chipboard, particle board or mdf.

IMG_20220727_112546IMG_20220727_112604
IMG_20220727_112644

They had a couple of pieces of adhesive backed rubber inside the battery hole (I presume to keep the battery from moving around and contacting the screw that extends into the hole at the rear) But they are too thick to allow the battery to go in :roll_eyes: So I removed them. I will try a thinner piece of rubber, or just put a piece of foam in before the battery goes in.

Waiting on some gels to grow to try it out.

4 Likes

I fixed up my stock this morning…much longer wood screws…
a bit of wood glue in as well, and screwed it all up…nice and tight now, with no slop at all…

Just be aware the the standard screws are very short, if it ever gets a bit loose, you will want to replace them with longer ones, for greater retention.

Or just do it anyway, pre-emptively…

3 Likes

KAR 98 question…

Does it have a external strip, to load the shells into…??
I seem to remember you load the 5 shells into a strip, and then insert them, all at once, into the internal mag?

Also, they only sent me 4 shells, not 5…

Aren’t ihobby great…

1 Like

It has the cut in the receiver to use stripper clips, but you have to buy them seperately. Real steel 8mm Mauser clips will work fine.

BUT. There’s no notch at the bottom of the clip bridge, which means that there’s nothing for the clip to bite into while the rounds are pushed into the magazine. Every damn time, without fail, at least half the clip itself would get fed into the magazine, too.

It does however take a real leather K98 sling without a problem, and looks damn sharp doing it.

3 Likes

What can you do, to treat the wood.?

Its a bit dull, and flat…did you use a wood stain, or something similar, to enhance the finish…?

Not to make it shiny / lacqurey…just to enhance and darken the colour of the timber…

What’s the fps/rps on the stg-44 like?

ive actually yet to test it…
waiting for some gels to grow…

it runs on a 8.4v Ni-mh, so it sounds like its around 800 rpm…

That’ll see the mp40 mag, empty super quick…

Honestly, I’m not much of a woodworker (unfortunately) and I just used the vanilla stock, without any enhancements.

1 Like