Recent purchases

Yeah I’ll ask him about it :+1:

That was quick. No didn’t have one in Vietnam. Did have one on 3 week exchange with RAF. S10 CBR. Said they were uncomfortable.

1 Like

Yeah Australia might have been a country that didn’t issue every troop a gas mask or he could’ve had older surplus stock masks.

1 Like

The s10 didn’t enter service until the 80’s and it’s considered one of the most comfortable masks ever made so he might’ve had a personal hate for the masks especially if he had to do the CS gas test

He only said he never had them. He was a M113 commander Army, then air logistics RAAF maybe the roles didn’t require them.

Didn’t ask what year he was on exchange with UK but he thought the SA80 was a L85a3.

1 Like

I am currently trading a Glock 19 gen 4 double bell for the wells mb05 sniper do any of you know how far this sniper actually shoots as I know that it can hit 400 fps often

Not sure, but I remember seeing a Youtube clip on FPS effects on range.

It’s a bit like the law of diminishing returns… higher FPS doesn’t necessarily equate to significantly greater distances.

We’re stuck with featherweight projectiles and they will only go so far due to not carrying much impetus no matter how fast they’re going when they exit the barrel.

A bit like throwing a screwed up ball of paper.

2 Likes

The ones I have seen do around 370fps, as for range, you can get 40m, but not consistent or accurate because gels. They are a bit of a pain to get a hopup on because wells 9mm barrels, and you have to remove the end cap which is the only thing stopping the inner barrel from wobbling around a 30mm tube. Even with all this work, gels are gonna be the main factor ruining your sniper rifle, and your effective range will be very similar to any aeg with 300fps and a hopup. They are pretty quiet though.

as @Friendly_Fire has said… The problem is with gels being 0.2grams, more fps doesn’t translate to range much. I have a 340fps aeg that can score hits consistently at 30m, even out to 35m pretty straight with hopup, but at 35m, most people aren’t going to notice it. Then my aeg that is 380fps, will get upto 40m, but gel dynamics take over, its a bit less accurate, and still at 35-40m the target likely won’t feel it through clothing, and a good half second burst so one is where you want it at that range… so it is a bit of a waste. And if they see you shooting at them, forget it they can dodge them easily or duck behind cover. And if you have a quiet bolt action, and are hiding and don’t want to ruin your spot, they won’t see you and won’t call it, if they even feel it at 35m+.

That said… I have been fiddling with the classic army version this last week, got it shooting pretty well now, and tbh, I look forward to the challenge of using it on a field, but I will likely have my pistol getting more hits in the same round as I don’t have the patience for sneaky camping style.

Even if I barely use it on the field, it is a good fun plinker for round the house, which is the main reason I got it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info :+1:

Tried my mate’s
FX IMPACT MK3 22 CAL AIR RIFLE.
Nice bit of kit now I want one
Not cheap $3250 but not expensive as rifles go

3 Likes

Yeah, I looked into those FX units a few years ago… bloody nice bit of kit. Exxie, but great quality.

The Verminator was my personal favourite. :wink:

Neat design… but I think I prefer to model in your post. :+1:

2 Likes

Air rifles have come such a long way
I am truly amazed at the fire power of air rifles now.
Beats the old Daisy air rifle I had as a teen which could barely put a dint in a tin can at 20 feet

2 Likes

A mate of mine has the exact same Air Rifle!

He brought it up to my property to show it off and give me the shits about my old 1970’s BSA .22 Air Rifle :roll_eyes:

I was stunned too when he pulled it out of the bag and ran me through all of the features and engineering of it all :ok_hand:

We set up a few different targets against the hillside and took it in turns with both my old BSA and his new space age rifle…… which he complained constantly how heavy mine was as an excuse for missing targets apparently :joy:

I said the same thing to him about his being too light and difficult to “set” myself in a steady standing position because it was so light!

How awesome it was for the supply tank, allowing continuous target acquisition, smooth operation and magazine operation…… compared with the old break barrel single shot :roll_eyes:

FPS was obviously much higher, where his could hit targets accurately at longer distances, whereas I could watch my pellets dropping out of the sky through my scope at the same targets…… but that’s to be expected from a 50 year old worn out cracker barrel :joy:

I still managed to embarrass him with it on many other distant targets, but the hitting power was still nowhere near what his beautiful rifle was capable of, especially with the ability to adjust the air pressure and much better bore quality than the coral reef rifling in the old BSA!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he’s a contract shooter and only got this Air Rifle because of a couple of contracts he has culling Rabbits on Golf Courses at night.
Nearby residents were complaining to the Golf Club Managers about the noise of his .22 rifle cracking away for hours on end at night, so he purchased one of these specially for those jobs……. and best of all, wrote it off on his business Tax and got the Government to pay for it! :joy::+1:

1 Like

Just bought this on temu lets see what $98 gets
its 32 inches long

3 Likes

Mmmm gotta love a classic Chicago Typewriter with a Red Dot and MOE Foregrip :joy:

At least they do give a good indication of the scale size of the blaster.

Looking at that trigger and digital voltage meter, it is giving me flashbacks way back to the classic old SKD/STD M4……… which might be the manufacturer of this Thommy gun :thinking:

1 Like

Man, you’ve got some serious reshaping to do on that trigger… get the files out! :rofl: and thank Christ that red dot doesn’t come with it standard.

Feedback on that when you get it, hey? Shame it didn’t come with a stick mag… :person_shrugging:

Looks like just the sort of thing I’d like to get my gorilla mitts on and have a bit of fun with. :+1:

2 Likes

Temu has one of them for $49
And an mp5 for the same price
Single clip slings and double clip slings for $6.
I went on temu for the first time to look for saddle bags for the EBIKE .
Which were a quarter of the price the bike shop wanted .
well three hours later and $350 lighter.
I had bought 45 items
This internet shopping is a breeze
Sitting around in my underwear with a coffee and my feet up.
Buying things I actually don’t really need.

I keep seeing TEMU mentioned many times, but like most online sites, I don’t trust any of them! :joy:

Actually the wife bought all her Christmas present from temu.
I am expecting some stuff to be crap buy the majority is ok.
I have a separate account just for PayPal which I top up as needed.
Just incase I get scammed
Plus PayPal are great to retrieve your money.
They helped me out when I bought a bike for 10k which turned out to be a scam.
Got my money back in 48hours
And the scammer got arrested

1 Like

Anyone have any insights into buying metal receivers from Hong Kong?

I’ve bought sights and other accessories from 6mm in HK before, their prices are heaps cheaper than Oz based sellers. Never tried a receiver before though…

Are their likely to be issues with Customs and Border Force?

Customs and border force are a joke
It depends who’s on shift for the day
I bought a sling shot on line
And they ceased it saying it was an ILLEGAL item and prohibited from sale in Australia.
So I went to my local garage for fuel and on the back shelf.
Was the exact same sling shot even cheaper than the one from china.
I seriously thinking it depends on who is viewing the x-ray machine.
And there interpretation of what they see.
It’s like that show border force
Every time they swab someone’s possessions it comes up as cocaine.
And there wrong most of the time
Maybe those little swab pads they use are the way criminals are bringing in cocaine into the country.
By impregnating all the pads with coke.
Then the cleaner who empties the bins collects them all at the end of the day.
And sells them on.
Dam
All my wonderful ideas are either ILLEGAL , immoral, or insane

1 Like