Recent purchases

Oh yeah, finish building a blaster from scratch, then spend ages on stabilising inner and outer barrels is always gold.
For outer barrels I usually design and print a “gas block” these days, usually print a few thin ones to find the perfect size that is possible to squeeze on the barrel and in the handguard, but almost impossible to get off.

Inner barrels, oring, heat shrink, both, tape, you name it I have probably used it.
I do love 14mm ccw flash hider hopups that centre and squeeze the inner barrel as they are easy, and then the hopup is sorted too. Designed and printed tons of them too.

The double bell (if using a wells 9mm barrel) hopup is a great fit. Actually using a 9mm wells barrel, in a 9.5mm accepting outer barrel is great as orings are easy to squeeze in.
Also the ihobby threaded hopup riser flash hider things are good too but dont fit every outer barrel well, they are kind of made for short lengths 14mm ccw threads, not the longer ones most come with standard.

I was a slack bastard and mostly used electrical tape to wrap around inner/outer barrels, but only on my own personal blasters because I was pulling them apart so often, electrical tape made the job easier to disassemble :+1:

Customer blasters were a combination of everything you mentioned above, but I didn’t have a 3D printer, so nylon bar stock was turned down on the workshop lathe instead :ok_hand:

Biggest pain in the arse were designs like the ACR/SCAR and a few of the other model CQB’s with different square types of handguards :roll_eyes:

Measure twice …cut once. Sexy and neat :+1:

1 Like

That, is how you use a suppressor to hide your hopup. It will also have less pooping sound that suppressors make when mounted inside which I also applaud!

1 Like

Anyone know where to find some good accommodation near the battle for Waterloo field plan on booking a holiday sometime in the winter school holidays

1 Like

If you are serious I’ll hook you up. Plan for about a week. I’ll cart ya around. Let me know the date and I’ll book it in. See a bit of country as well. Just don’t ink on me :laughing: Yes spare room bed full accommodation.

Or I do have a good friend 10 mins away from waterloo corner rd. But ah yea nah you’ll have to put up with his crazy mrs.

mm definitely don’t like to poop myself :crazy_face:

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself… :rofl:

A suppressor that makes the sound of someone backin’ out a grizly… it’d make hiding in the bushes a snap. NOBODY who heard a report that sounded like someone takin’ a dump in the bushes would be over to investigate.

“Yuri, what was that sound??”
“Don’t sweat it, Ivanovich… Vladimer’s overdone it with the borscht again!” :rofl:

Maybe we’re onto something here… better get onto the ADF. :thinking:

:rofl: :crazy_face: :laughing: toilet humor always good for a laugh

1 Like

Or if you are flush wish cash try here Waterloo Station Hotel

they have a kids playground.

If squiddy sees anyone there with a m-60…

He’ll put a tracking device on their car, track them down, and do a youth crime break in at 1 am, to steal it…!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Appreciate the offer but I’m only going to be there for a weekend because unfortunately the school holidays aren’t really actual breaks in year 12 so I’m just using it as a holiday to break up the study. Not sure if it would really be worth the effort for only a weekend but I’d be happy to meet up with you at the field for some games.

1 Like

Rgr, see what happens, I might be tied up with work but keep in touch.

Ah poop I think that one I linked has no accommodation.

Waterloo Corner Hotel & Accommodation Deals 2024 from AU$105 | Expedia then OOber, taxi or bus to the field. Uber and Taxi are expensive.

I can drive there if I don’t end up going the V line route

Looks like there’s a nice caravan park that I can stay at for $150 a night that only 10 min away from the field.

8hrs to drive there so I might just go Vline and save myself a lot of petrol money that I can spend on rentals and field entry fee + the jack daniels after game day has finished up

It’s mostly industrial area, just don’t piss the bikies off. The Geppsx hotel is up the road. Not sure last I went they had topless there. Not bad for a look :laughing:

8hrs? Only took me 4hrs last I drove but that was from Adl to Geelong.

Sounds like the geppsx might be a good place to unwind after the Saturday game day :joy:. The 8 hours is just what google maps told me going from my area

Yeah don’t listen to @Maiphut …… he’s a fkn madman on the gravel farm roads and gets a bit excited when he hits the blacktop! :flushed:

8 hour drive in only 4 hours means that he was hungover and taking it easy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No wonder he doesen’t want me to cart him around :rofl: Do have to drive like a demon through Adelaide traffic to avoid others with their head stuck up their ass.
Mind you Melbourne traffic last I was there f me. Your fucked if you miss your turn off and nobody lets you in to make it. Adelaide is all squares so miss a turn off just take the next one and loop around. No such animal in NSW or Vic miss your turn you are done for next hour and back track klms to do it all again.