Retailers, Ranked

From my personal experience I would give oz hobbies a miss.
After purchasing an arp9 and moding it myself I realised I did not have the patience to fix-upgrade it myself.
So took to oz hobbies to Fix my blaster, only to have fail again. Grinding gear etc from loose hand grip. So returned to have it fixed. After 2 weeks of waiting for new parts. I got back with the same problem. Rang them to complain and got a very frosty response the mrs of the buisness owner. Was told that blaster had been fixed by her personal. Which it clearly had not. I knew what screws holding the grip on where mismatched set as its all i had. Mismatched screws where still loosly there. Some internal parts where different as well.
My intial interactions with these guys was really good at the start, they where dealing with a lot of arp9 at the time. Would not be suprised if my blaster had got mixed up with others. All of this could have been easily resolved with a cival conversation. But instead I got pretty nasty response when calling to resolve the issue.
I have not been back since.

Pretty accurate. Especially for buying blasters guide, all newcomers to the sport take careful note :slight_smile:

I personally have not bought a new blaster in over a year, as I have become that guy that gets broken and second hand stuff, then repair/upgrades it, or just scratch builds, so as far a tactoys, GBU, ihobby, and CEH go, I don’t have a problem buying parts from them on occasion, but I would never send a newcomer there for their first blaster.

Reckon we should make a similar post for blaster brands, as sometimes the blaster itself is the problem more than the retailer. Just a thought, as I love getting people into the sport/hobby, and encourage people to have a go at tinkering if they are up to it, but also I much more love when someone is happy and gets a good run out of their first blaster, as they are far more likely to join the long term community if they have less trouble with it.

1 Like

I’m actually writing one of those too.

Slowly. It’s been a busy few months lol.

3 Likes

One of the brands I got told was good which I personally hated was golden eagle at least there Vietnam era 1911 was a fck fest. looked absolutely gorgeous and felt really good in hand but leaky dog shit slim green gas mags and the issues I had with my trigger which some may remember from the old forum put me off. Even though Ceh is the gel blaster version of that carnival game where you throw the balls into the clowns mouths they did fix the trigger on my blaster but I had a co2 and 2 green gas mags completely shit em selves.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard great things about their GBB pistols, not gonna lie. Particularly the CO2 ones. If I remember right, they’ve got plastic inner barrels OOTB, too? I always ranked them one tier above Wells, alongside Kublai.

1 Like

Yeah literal plastic maccas straw barrel was terrible but only about a $15-$20 fix from what I remember and the inner barrels where really easy to change so wasn’t that bad. Only reason why people held them in pretty high regard was they where the first gbb’s to come out that weren’t aps or wells or kublai and first hi capas and definitely the first Vietnam/ww2 era 1911 to hit Aussie shores but there not very nice especially since most of em are still about the same price as a we tech nowadays. Gbu uses them still to make most of their custom gbb’s from what I remember which speaks for Gbu’s quality.

2 Likes

Interesting topic

3 Likes

Weird, because aside from the Co2 mag being garbage both of my GE 1911s have run flawlessly, especially on green gas.

Looks like Moose has moved from TEH to Bulletproof Customs.

Wonder if TEH is going to close Mt Gravatt? Haven’t seen the socials chic on TEH for a while either

They seem to be going through staff at the moment. The whole MT Gravett team left before Moose started there. Gilly left Odin and Jacob store manager at yatala gone.

WOW! …… it’s a complete “Days of our Lives” scenario in the scheme of businesses trying to uphold their reputations via their employees.

I have no problem with any of this, little dwarf Gillie would be a asset for any retailer that takes him onboard if they actually tell truths and review products honestly.

My only concern is that there’s basically nothing available legally in this country outside of Queensland open slather, other than SA state firearms laws :flushed:

We never had any choice here in WA, but are still campaigning for a change in government into the future :thinking:

Looks like TEH have lost their tech at Mt Gravatt as well

Not a good advertisement for your store - rip tear and bust - great care demonstrated :rage:

1 Like

Just jumping in to clear the air with Moose, we hired him as he wanted to be more involved in the vision and goals we have for the sport in QLD and similar goes for Trick from Damage Cartel. I’m a big believer in letting staff produce content if they feel it’ll add value for the community. If you check our Facebook page out you’ll note that basically all staff are throwing up content, especially useful stuff like the tech tips vids. With a team of 8 now, 5 of whom are techs we’re genuinely looking to help people out with info around common issues that come through the shop.

8 Likes

The basic reality is that all of these people, including ourselves, are just humans doing a job.
Some people have actual passion for their work, whereas others are only there for the paycheque and clout of being in a particular position.

Unfortunately modern online posing has made it very easy for wannabes to look much more as a celebrity online despite their actual work/products/attitudes towards their jobs/employers/paying customers.

Myself having built a massive reputation in my field of building Custom Classic Cars and Hot Rods for 30+ years, way before mobile phones/computers/internet/YouTube/Instagram etc ever existed……your reputation was built on what you actually provided for your customers and the quality of the final product that you delivered.

I don’t care who is who, what their names are, which company they work for, their online “status” etc.

If they are great knowledgeable people with self learnt skills, respect for their work and communicating honestly with their customers…… I wish them all the very best in progressing in life :ok_hand::joy:

2 Likes

They be doin it well👍
Shipping Australia wide, at least it’s discrete packaging :rofl:
No wonder they picked GBU for a name🙄

The really sad part is, they used to be a pretty cool company. Remember when they were a small time outfit, that supplied Novice Driver Productions his blasters, for review?

I got my LDT MP5 from them before Corey moved in.

2 Likes

Yep. They were great. I got a few blasters from Josh and his father when they were selling out of their garage. Stopped going to the store when they ended up with some ferals behind the counter who treated everyone like crap. Just realised I haven’t been there for nearly 2 years. Sad really

3 Likes

M4a1 Browns Plains is no longer listed on their email marketing

I think the Ipswich store won’t be to far off was looking abit sad when I went there a few weeks ago.