Sales and discount codes

its still there for me. I dont think GBU really cares TBH. considering what they do and gets away with it

I believe youā€™re looking for this
ff3dd8e8e088d116639e8fbfd18b13f464133c42

I was going back through my phone looking for the same picture! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Best I could find was this old chestnutā€¦ā€¦

Aha you beat me to the stashā€¦

docta-j-of-course

Apologies I couldnā€™t help it haha

Or thisā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Another store closing :worried:
Some great deals to be found hereā€¦ā€¦

IMG_3429

Even have the classic old clear body WELL M401 and Gen8 M4 available for $69 if youā€™re looking for a classic :sunglasses:

Never heard of these guys but will have a suss none the less

Cheap M24s and AWM manual snipers on there. :man_shrugging:

Brisbane based, by the looks of it.

1 Like

Vectors, for $149ā€¦!!

Thats a bit better pricedā€¦!!!

Grab that, a blackout kit, and upgraded springā€¦

Your all set, for around $200ā€¦!!

Guys this is a site that is using the ABN and site name of another legit company. This is a scam, do not purchase from this site. The photo is also from crisis and they obviously do not have the copyright for that image (another tell).

How many companies use copyrighted images like that thou? Kinda ridiculous really, would rather run the risk of a lawsuit than to pay an artist and afternoon to make something simple.

Iā€™ve seen real stores using an altered copyrighted image before (generally sketchy stores). The main tip off was the generic name but the fact that they only stocked a super small range of gel blaster gear and nothing else. Generic hobby stores survive off their diversity.

If its a fake website, its a pretty convincing oneā€¦

I look for, an physical address, a contactable local phone number, and payment via paypal, in ascertaining possible fakes.

Paypal is a big one, they would withdraw support from a dodgy merchant, quite quickly, if they received many complaints. I suppose that does give said dodgy retailer, about 1-2 weeks of operation thoughā€¦

At least youā€™d get a refund, via paypal, although the scammer does get away with itā€¦

now questions have been raised, id be ringing up the store, before buying anythingā€¦

I see it on facebook, dodgy ā€˜arcade machineā€™ sellers pop up.

ā€œSellingā€ too good to be true prices, ie stand up arcade machines, for $600.

When, the going rate for a stand up is at least $2kā€¦

No phone number, no direct email address, just ā€™ send us an enquiry ā€™ email linkā€¦

Newly created website , fake reviews etcā€¦

Yet, people fall for itā€¦

1 Like

Also, heres a good sale, at WATā€¦

$200 offā€¦!

For @Deadsquid , it even comes with " Squiddyā€™s Dreamin" Patchā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

No M-60 for youā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s a ripoff of these guys https://hobbycrazy.com.au/
The abn and name belongs to them and if the site doesnā€™t have an abn or worse is pretending to have another businessā€™s abn itā€™s fake

See where theyā€™ve just directly ripped from the original sites TOS.
Most of their site design is pulled directly from this site.

Iā€™m not in cyber security but I am in Academia for cyber criminology and have an interest in tech so Iā€™ve seen a few of this style before. They generally pop up to get as many sales as possible and then dip.

If you still want to buy anything from them I would contact the store that owns the ABN first to be like ā€œhey do you guys own this?ā€ and if they donā€™t then donā€™t buy from them. But given they could just sell this stuff through their main website it is highly likely this is just a scam using stolen assets.

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and experience on this topic :ok_hand:

Itā€™s pretty bad these days when people have to be Sherlock Holmes to make sure they are dealing with an actual retailer, not another online scam :frowning:

Your advice is certainly worth keeping in mind whenever dealing with any online ā€œstoresā€. :+1:

Ausgel are having a sale, itā€™s a bit weird how their sites set up thou.

Any thoughts on the later model JG AUGs? They caught my eye.

JG augs are decent. I am also looking at one for $250 is a good deal.
Their sale has limited things I am interested in that I donā€™t already have, but their are plenty of parts, mags, and of course gels that I could offload some cash to.

1 Like

I know the other earlier AUG, was it LH?, had issues with the t-piece but canā€™t say if seen anything for these particular ones.