Scammed - maybe, maybe not

It’s time to kick ass, and chew bubblegum….

And I’m all outta gum….

Oh well, have to settle for sinking the boot into squiddy…:rofl::rofl:

Duke Nukem reference :+1:

AUG arrived today… so all good. :+1:

Lottsa heartache, cancelled cards and stress for a low level blaster though… think I’ll keep my purchase base within driving distance from now on. :laughing:

3 Likes

Good to hear :+1: :+1:

Is that the standard flash hider? Looks like they ripped my solution off for a screw instead of pin for the foregrip to stop it splaying apart.

Actually, I did the ripping off :laughing:
Nah, I did the same to my first one back in the day, cos it’s such a shit design by LeHui. Seriously considering rejigging the whole foregrip bracket to get a bit of strength into it.

That photo’s not the AUG straight out of the box… before I put it together for the first time it got an alloy IB. It also got a steel outer barrel which meant the foregrip was coming off anyway. That pin was never going back in. :wink:

The steel barrel has an M14 CCW thread unlike the LH outer barrel, which is M14 CW, so the tulip item no fitty. That flash hider you’re looking at is actually a custom 14mm CCW Vector item with plenty of room for a hopup. :+1:

2 Likes

Scope looks awesome :+1:
Was it the mag release button that was a bit fragile on these things?

1 Like

Not to my knowledge… had no problems with the release catch but the mags don’t free drop. You do get used to a “grab and pull” mag swap though.

The spring loaded folding foregrip however… a stronger spring might help to pull it tighter, but the clevis it sits in is thin nylon, so not strong. Oh, and the factory nylon outer barrel’s pretty long and a little flexy.

Other than that, pretty solid blasters.

Cheers…… was an old memory from a few different YouTube reviews when they were first released where a few of them had the button/internal spring self exploding if maybe being a little heavy handed with them.

No different than any other blasters though.

1 Like

Ah maybe it was you I showed photos on the old forum, dunno many moons ago. I chucked some washers on there with a Nyloc nut, strengthened it up nicely allowing you to adjust tension.

Ah, could well be, man… long time ago. Your mod definitely works, takes a lot of the wobbleocity out of it. :+1:

I just wish it locked into place a little more positively, I’ve been toying with ideas of reinforcing the bracket and redesigning the spring and grip pin entirely.

Irony is, it’s a lot of effort to go to for an issue that nobody’s really going to give a shit about because they’re an old blaster and hardly anyone buys them anymore :laughing:

But for me, if it’s NOT yet another M4 derivitive, it’s got my attention. :sunglasses:

Is that when it locks vertically?

Mine locks in solid but manufacture tolerance could be different. Maybe try a stiffer spring.

1 Like

Yeah, a bit of experimentation on that foregrip, for sure. :+1:

Amazing how much better these look with a paintjob and the right tulip flash hider. :thinking:

1 Like

I do wish there were more, affordable too, bullpups on the gel market. There’s plenty of models to base them on rather than just the AUG and Tavor.

Personally I like the look of the L85, specifically the a2, and Groza.

They both exist in softair but doubt they’ll ever get converted

Is the Groza the same as the old Bing Feng QBZ Type 97 blasters?

Nah, it’s an OTs-14 Groza, looks like a bullpups AK.
There’s 3D printed kits to make them but usually involve cutting up an AK and wiring with micro switches or ECU’s

2 Likes

Always liked the Groza myself. Would pack a short range wallop irl.

A few years ago before the Ares Tar21 came out you had Le Hui AUG, Ze Hua F2000, BF QBZ97, BF P90 and an early ABS Tar21 if you wanted something outside the norm.

Bullpup gel blasters have pretty much dried up now :man_shrugging:

Then there’s this guy in the states that built a bullpup SCAR… :exploding_head:

There’s a kit to bullpup a Stoner LMG too. There’s a mob that make bullpup kits for M4’s and others too but can’t think of their name now.

SRU make bullpup conversion kits for airsoft M4s… look pretty cool too. A little like Tavors.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s them, only problem I think was they’re modelled mostly for softair brands ( like TM and such) so some dont fit our brands, like the buffer tube is slightly different or something, would still be nice if some local outlets could stock them.

I didn’t see last time I checked if they just sold the STL files to print at home