Stop and think campaign

Yes, true illegal weapons and drug busts are a great job from the boys in blue…… but there’s also been a high focus from the Police/Media about them being in possession of GelBlasters, seemingly in an effort to really publicise that they are a major part of criminal activity.

A couple of years ago they would be overlooked as kids toys in the house and wouldn’t even get a mention in the media.

Nowadays being sensationalised to the public in this way is highly counterproductive to our efforts in getting them legalised :confused:

1 Like

My reaction right now:

I wonder what the response would have been, had she used a potato gun, instead…??

Probably a lot less, considering potato guns don’t look like a silver M9.

1 Like

well, there’s potato guns…
And then there’s Potato Guns…!!

At least the media and police statements released were simply “woman used toy against motorist.”

No injuries, no media/police sensationalism ……. just a woman being a dickhead and will be dealt with by the authorities under many different laws already in place for this type of offence.

If this happened in WA…… the police/media would ramp it up to the point of the general public thinking that they are all potential victims of random “drive by shootings” because of the fact that it involved a Gelblaster :roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Great to see a news story that just tells it how it is and didn’t get on the public scare campaign against Gelblasters :+1:

4 Likes

If this was kids firing water pistols at each other from car to car it would be acceptable.
Is a gel blaster not the same thing
it’s only that the water is concentrated in a little ball.:thinking:
And don’t get me started on nerf
Here in Brisbane the have nerf in the park days were you form teams and shoot each other
from ages 5 and up can join in.
Sure a gel blaster looks more realistic
But if I painted my nerf black everyone would loose there shit
Looks like I will have to paint all my blasters rainbow colours
And tell everyone that they identify as nerf

3 Likes

The reality is that the push against Gel Blaster or Air-soft or even real Real Steel Arms is a “political narrative” . Its important for all to remember that and what it really means.

3 Likes

Another good outcome: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqXWF-eNAOG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D&fbclid=IwAR2IvmoJASSPeKDLRS1LsmIGnZfcBI5k1ohM8M2s-GNVxZ7jq-AebCEYS4M

Best of all is the language being a lot more soft coming from the media.

4 Likes

Glad to see that the judge has his head screwed on right. The way he worded it, he seemed to be urging the state to take an SA style footing on blasters. Would be nice to see that open up as a legal avenue for them.

3 Likes

Been seeing a lot more media and support for gel blasters recently saw something on Facebook about some review happening in South Australia might have to look back and try and find the post

1 Like

Funny story in Sydney recently which goes to show the general publics fear and hysteria over anything even slightly resembling a weapon :roll_eyes:

Smoking cones in the church parking lot with an ak47 wasn’t expecting that to come out of Australia :joy:

1 Like

What a class act.

The high standards, we have in this country…

“Also available, in a Vape-To-Go model…”

what could possibly go wrong… :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sometimes switching to your secondary is quicker then packing a fresh bowl

1 Like

Maybe he’s giving CPR to his wells gbb…

Trying to breathe new life into it…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Apparently Qps is making some sort of announcement about gel blasters on Monday not sure if it’s good or bad news. Keep in mind this is not 100% confirmed just heard some talk about it and don’t get to stressed out or anything until we get any info from QPS themselves

You’re not talking about the April Fools Day joke on discord, are you?

1 Like

I was trying to get someone on here with it lol

Maybe if you tried using WA instead you might have got a bite.