The Old Forum

I totally agree mate.
The day that the old Forum didn’t open up that fateful morning…… I had NEVER been on or known how to be on Reddit/Discord being the old stupid online idiot that I am.

It was actually Tiger that gave me the link to the invite on their new Discord page…… but as you have said, the whole platform and the way it operates was way too complicated, messy and impersonal for this ole dog :frowning:

That’s why I was so excited for this old style Forum to be created to be able to get back into the awesome and simple old format that I had learnt to love and enjoy :+1:

5 Likes

Well, maybe let me take the opportunity reassure you that there ain’t no politics or agenda with this old forum member… none of my business, not my circus, etc… for me, it’s ALL about having fun with the blasters.

I took a leave of absence from the old forum just after the WA crackdown, got a bit disinterested and we lost a few members. So aside from the odd casual look see on the forum I’m pretty much oblivious to anything else going on. Now I’m just glad that there’s still a forum in ANY format… and there are still a few familiar members kicking around, I’m happy to say.

Yep, it’s all about the hobby, sharing the interest, helping each other out and getting the most out of something we’re very lucky to have.

6 Likes

Look…give them their credit…
They played their part, in the old platform…

As a simple user, i wasn’t privvy to the behinds the scenes stuff…
Things fall apart, and pull in different directions… whatever, thats life…

We all find our own way, in the end…

3 Likes

I still hear daily from certain people who I know that all of those old members watch this Forum religiously, feeding gossip and rumours, as well as vindicating any of us old members here :roll_eyes:

The witch hunts and attitudes of those who be have not changed, only now have a little circus of clowns here to judge and vilify at their own pleasure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I totally agree mate.
I still have huge respect for all of the great people who were part of the whole journey through this hobby from day one.

Rattler was great for quality advice, Whiskey was the same, and really appreciate his generosity in sending me a couple of bottles of his own special bottles across the country for me to enjoy :blush:

Tiger never really had much experience with blasters or much else to add other than legal advice, but immensely enjoyed ALL of the helpful members advice and parts/blasters that we used to deal with between the different states.

It was a great place early on, but unfortunately only deteriorated as time went on :cry:

2 Likes

Whoa… ease up, Turbo… :laughing:

I’ll never sign off with that phrase again… why, though? I can only assume someone else used to use it? :thinking:

I remember the saying…

“no one can successfully insult you, without you first giving them permission…”

Meaning… if others wanna insult you … you cant stop them…
Doesn’t matter if its face to face, on another forum etc…

The best reaction, is not to care, and move on…

thats how he used to sign off…

Never argue with an idiot.
They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :joy:

3 Likes

My bad then… :man_shrugging:

I think I know who you mean… I’d never noticed that.

1 Like

No Bad…
Mr slings–t…used that phrase to sign off…not exclusively his, though…

He went on , well, lets just say… a few rants / tangents…
Had a few of us worried about him…

That sign off, surfaced a few memories …

1 Like

This is where I’m adding positives to this discussion, not looking to go down the same plug hole as the old Forum :blush:

It was a massive loss of history and knowledge to the sport/hobby and is sorely missed by everyone :cry:

Hopefully all our vision here is to learn from those mistakes made and try and gain back much of the knowledge/experience lost for all those new enthusiasts who are wanting to get on board :ok_hand:

1 Like

I had my run ins there too… especially at the beginning. It all got a bit personal but we managed to put it behind us and move on. :+1:

2 Likes

Happy days, man! We’re still pew pewing and that’s enough :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah…… that’s what’s being adults is all about apparently :joy:

I remember soooooo many times that I lost my shit over pure frustration, but was good to see people could see those rants for what they were…… simply blowing off steam and then coming back to reality again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bastard!
You might be Pewing…… I’m blowing spitballs through a BIC pen :cry::joy:

1 Like

Can we modify a 80’s digital jukebox…
to pivot open, and also be a gel blaster safe…??!

two for one…!!

Press 1 for INXS
Press 2 for Midnight Oil
Press 3 for UMP 45
Press 4 for Jimmy Barnes

“i’ll give you watcha need, watcha need, yeah…”

2 Likes

Great idea… silhouettes of your loadout for track listings :laughing:

Just dont say…“suicide blonde”…

1 Like

I would break your 1 & 3 buttons within the first week…… and so would my kids! :flushed::joy::+1:

1 Like