Today, USA...( or, im in trump territory, and have to worry about concealed carry citizens..)

Amen to your last line.

To add extra to your first point. I grew up in the big smoke city and had big firearms interest and followed through in my life as it comes down to a lot of finesse and patience which I have a ton of patience or I wouldn’t do what I do.

The attitude has changed from the 90’s to the 2000’s re firearms. That is all.

My attitude has not changed, I like them for the bit’s of high quality steel(or shit if you get a budget one :laughing:) and I love good wood but also like the advancements in furniture and sighting systems are unreal.

Gone are the days of a Bushnell/Tasco 3-9x40 being the best thing for any centrefire rifle. Now you can get all sorts of crazy shit and NV.

Yes they do play a tool part for me these days putting down injured animals that are unrecoverable which is hardly any as I unlike others actually look after my livestock. The vermin get towelled up instead of using fucking poisions invented in the 40’s that kills everything besides humans that gets a whiff of it. Including my working dogs when some fucking looser next door gets issued it and they can’t remember where they have put it. :rage:

Weapons of war are knifes and machettes in North Melbourne, they do way more damage. Firearms are only highlighted in Australia as that was a UN paridigim from the 90’s to disarm civilians of firearms. Which we are part of UN and not NATO as some striped ass mentioned before.

Firearms are to be treated with respect and knowledge. Aint got no time for that. Then you can’t have one.

My reason for preferring gel blasters and airsoft over real steel is mostly because I find the sporting element of the hobby way more enjoyable than the slower paced real steel sports of hunting and target shooting. Also as mentioned above it’s a cheap and safe way to admire the beauty of engineering of several decades even if the replica isn’t exactly 1:1.

2 Likes

Ah squidy boy. I’ve trekked kilometers over razorbacks all day on foot Goat hunting. That’s not slower paced when you come across a mob of 240 vermin and you run.

This is my point the younger and future generations will have no idea and it will be lost with X…

Stick to your playstation. And updates :unamused:

Well, this popped up on my youtube feed…

real life samurai edge m92 conversion…

I guess its youtube’s way of telling me to do more study…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ok…B709 organised, request sent from QLD, confirmation email received…

A question for anyone who has requested a b709, just confirming that…

1: They email you, acknowledging receipt of your B709 request, then,

2: Just post out the physical letter, when its approved (ie no approval email?)

If this is the case, it could be problematic, as i could be approved for my Bazza B709 Bits, but the letter is sent to my QLD address.

Thats useless to me there, as i need it when I arrive into SYD to clear customs.

I wonder if they can see if a QLD b709 has been issued?? probs not.

If thats the case, i wonder if qld police can forward me an email copy, to present?

What a drama…!!

Can anyone confirm the process please…?

1 Like

Well that’s handy isn’t it. :roll_eyes:

Can you get someone to post it to you in Texas :person_shrugging:

Or scan and email. I’d ask QLD po to email digital copy.

1 Like

I reckon thats what i’ll do.

Website currently states PTA turnaround time, of 11 days.

I’ll give them just under a week and a half, then send an email explaining, and ask for a digital copy…

The whole system seems to be set up for ordering and importing overseas stuff, whilst in oz.

Doesn’t seem to work well, the other way around…

2 Likes

Yea it would be.

Personally I wouldn’t wait on contacting them as you’re on a time limit. And they can take their time.

If I was your way I’d meet you at the airport, fold the 709 into a paper airplane and fly it over the gate to you. Boom in hand upon arrival :laughing:

1 Like

Whats better than a luger…?

A gold Luger.

Whats better than a Gold Luger…?

2 Gold Lugers.

Whats better than 2 Gold Lugers?

RE collectable pair of airsoft gold lugers…!!

Get me out of this country, before i go broke…!!!

4 Likes

@bikersmurf

Howdy, are you still around.?
You may / may not be enroute to here…??

Trying to get in touch…PM sent…

1 Like

Couldn’t help but look at the real estate here…

Look at what $300K gets you…

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/410-Robinhood-Dr_Irving_TX_75061_M78676-14704?from=srp-list-card

Sure, it needs some money spent on it, but for 4 walls , a roof, and a backyard…

If i lived here, i would look for bargains that need a bit of tlc, rennovate, and flip for profit.

There is a dental forum i’m on, where dentists over here do exactly that…
Basic rennos…empty the house, new paint, new carpet, basic partial remodels…
And make $40k-50k per home…do a couple per year…

2 Likes

This is one thats been done.

Older house, remodelled internally.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/402-Staffordshire-Dr_Irving_TX_75061_M78202-77511?from=srp-list-card

I would have gone with lighter flooring, but whatever…timber panelling is durable. Good example of how nice paint, and modern ceiling fans / lights etc really pick up a place.

Kitchens, if the cabinets are ok, replacing the doors and handles, is a quick cheap update. A featured splashback isn’t too expensive.

You need to avoid spending spirals ( cough cough, gelblasters), but wise renno dollars add value, increase desirability, and price…

You can get houses for half the price, in Oz…

1 Like

Well, things change quickly.

My sim-buddy has had a family emergency back home, so we are leaving early.

Tonight.

Got just over half the sims done here, so will finish them off back home…

Which leaves me today, to try to fit in the “machine gun experience”.

I had planned to leave that a little bit later, when we had a block of days off…

I rang up, the answering machine talked about booking preferred times online, and someone getting back to you, within 24 hrs…

Hope there is enough time…

Might just go out, for a look anyway…

Also, @bikersmurf, another message sent, re passing on Mac/ Beretta / Spas…

please answer, if you can…

Ah, the joys…

1 Like

Bummer… your Texas expedition’s over, man. :thinking:

Hope you manage to squeeze in squeezing off a few full auto rounds. :wink:

May be stuck here another night…
Maybe…

It seems we require an ESTA (visa exempt country approval), 90 day buisness /tourist visa granted…but i did all that before i left…they require up to 72 hrs to process… not sure whats going on…??

It says for travel TO ( i did that), FROM, and WITHIN, USA…
Yet check in is asking for the whole process again…

And, of course, its 7pm at home, and 4am here, so no help available…
Fun, Fun…

1 Like

All good.

Not required for departure, can leave freely…(well, lets see what happens in the next 17 hrs…!! :rofl: :rofl:)

Managed to avoid the horrendous storms that passed through here recently…very lucky…

In all honesty, all i’ve seen of texas so far is…

1: The airport
2: The Hotel
3: The sim centre
4: The local shops. (whole foods, owned by amazon is very expensive but good food, Kroger is cheaper but shit quality food)

Didn’t even get to go out boot scootin, at Cowboys Red River …!!!
That was going to be during a break…!!

Of course, i did manage to go to Evike…!!

However, thats a double edged sword…

Having departed from a state of innocence, you can no longer return to it.

Like finding out santa is not real, and then losing childhood xmas innocence,
Having experienced airsoft, has probably ruined gelsoft for me…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Oh well, such is life…!!

Lets see about firing this M60 / Mg42…

Look how small the pistol grip is, on the M-60…!

Welcome to my world. 1000ltrs of diesel supposed to roll up today. I rang the mob, got a fuck knows or fuck you jack. Yea great. Giddy up

The M60 is a cunt of a gun. Why we adopted the FN MAG. Much better :wink:

Well, here i sit at the airport, about to head back.

Didn’t have time to go to machine gun rentals, and had to dispose of the blasters.
Hotel didn’t want to hang onto them for a prolonged period, so I had to throw them.

I bought them knowing I couldn’t keep them, not too worried about the cheapies( though the Mac was sensational value, for $90).

I did NOT like , throwing the Burton in the bin…!!! Grrrrr!!!

Oh well, I have the part numbers for the rail/ moderator, and now know of places that sell them, and send to Oz, so time to roll the PTA dice, when I get back….

Hopefully, importing some basic accessories, might have a better success rate, than gearboxes / magazines etc…

Crap. I have friends all over Texas. Could have given yo a couple of addresses in Dallas, Austin, Goldthwaite, Plano