Upcoming Blasters and Products

It would be nice to see more variety in platforms, especially when there’s so many in softair that could quite easily be converted with minimal changes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never understood why there aren’t more of the a/s line up being offered in gel…

I’d love to see more variety in the range. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking also that with gels being harder consistency could we use mags similar to the midcap/hicap, like not using electric mags but spring powered ones.

Unfortunately there’s gonna be a very fine line with the continued Legal definition between what is a Gelblaster, what is Airsoft and what is technically an Air Rifle.

Gelblasters have already pushed the limits when they stepped up from an AEG to GBB.

The definition of the Law regarding an electric plastic toy that used a motor to “push” air through a barrel, into the realms of using a “compressed Air/Gas” to accelerate a projectile, has already put this on the verge of Air Rifle territory.

To push the actual “projectiles” to the point of being very close to the weight and hardness of Airsoft BB’s…….instead of a soft Orbee gel……the boundaries are being pushed even closer to being outlawed as well :flushed:

There’s only one State left in Australia where these “toys” are still fully legal, and it’s quite possible that it’s only a simple change of government away that even this last bastion could be attacked and shut down if the pressure is applied by other political parties.

I still pray that this won’t happen, but with each development in the designs of these “toys” that keeps pushing the boundaries of our laws, the less likely that we will have any excuse to continue to plead their “toy” arguments against those who try to argue their inclusion towards Firearms Laws and Regulations :thinking:

2 Likes

The people who are against these toys are the same people who believe said “toys” can be converted into actual firearms and it blows my mind that people who have that few braincells have survived this long.

It also baffles me how each state defines what a “firearm” or “ammunition” is differently, like how is it that complicated, if thing is propelled by an explosive/propellant (propellant being something that is burned/ignited) and this thing is designed to use it that’s a firearm, it’s literally named after what it does but that’s too simple.

Common sense and logic seem to have no place in politics or any governing body.

But that’s getting of topic now.

3 Likes

My understanding is, that in QLD, the rulings have been incorporated into legislation.
That makes it more difficult to change.

And, really, is anyone worried about gelblasters, which have zero capability to inflict serious harm, being used in crime…??
Teenagers are showing an absolute willingness, to carry, and use, knives, machetes etc, in violent assaults and home invasions…

I’d say look at the crime stats…gel blaster incidents vs knife crime attacks…
Thats the law that needs changing…

2 Likes

how many incidents have there been involving gel blasters? 3 that I can think of, and then how many involving youths with break and enters? clearly there’s more pressing issues.

Governments always choose the soft targets to take a stand on for obvious reasons…

Banning gelsoft is a much easier option than tackling youth crime and knife violence. For a government out to impress the uninformed public with it’s anti-crime policies, banning gel blasters and “getting all those dangerous weapons out of the hands of criminals” would be an attractive option. Easy to implement and action, easy to enforce, and let’s face it, the majority of the non-gelballing public wouldn’t give two shits if blasters were banned. Truth told, they’d probably applaud the ban.

It’s a subject that crosses my mind every time I buy a new gel blaster… just have to hope that a change of government up here in Queensland doesn’t bring in a regime that wants to take the easy option. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We are very lucky to have a police minister with real steel background who has made reasoned calls when it came to firearms hysteria by the media, including gel blasters. The move to put non-functioning replicas as a restricted item, rather than classified by their type (ie replica Thompson used to be cat R ) was another sensible call.

Although that doesn’t stop some would be journalist hyping blasters up on a slow news day and we have to go through the whole process again

4 Likes

As far as knives are concerned it is illegal to carry any sort of knife with a blade longer than 100mm that is not a utility knife (ie swiss army pocket knife is allowed) in a public place.

I do recall some 20 years ago it was illegal to purchase and own such items. Guess that went with the wind.

2 Likes

Probably because it would be ridiculous to outright ban them like that. Hunters need knives, too. Knife bans in general are kind of silly. Carry bans aren’t though.

But like, from a criminal standpoint, the ones outlawed in Australia are butterfly knives/balisongs, and automatic deploying knives. The reasoning was because “”““black/latino gangs are using these quickly unconcealable knives to commit crimes””“”

But like. A normal folding knife with a thumb tab can be deployed just as fast as any spring knife. My 4.5 inch skinning knife is just as easy to hide and quickly pull out as any balisong.

It’s a media ruse. A scare mongering tactic to drum up sales. And the pollies fell for it hook line and sinker. There’s no danger to owning these knives that owning any other knife doesn’t also pose.

But, carry laws make sense. If you don’t have a good reason to have a knife, it shouldn’t be on your belt.

2 Likes

Yes there was a big uproar about it, mall shops had to remove them, but you were still able to purchase from sports/gun stores because they were deemed utility. But you don’t use a hunting knife in a shopping mall anyway.

I’ve got machetes and skinning knives, hatchets but they are all used on private property for the intended purpose. Not running around in public which was the intention of the gov restrictions a long time ago. Yes it was also aimed at butterfly knives etc but they are available anywhere now too. The only part that stuck was carry in public place.

Knife and Sword Laws in Australia (aussieknives.com)

2 Likes

These have been illegal in NSW from the 60’s. Same as stilettoes or any knife with two sharpened edges

Yeah, I know. Through most of Australia for a while, too.

It’s silly, though. It’s the same logic as banning ‘assault weapons’ while allowing similar functioning weapons with wood furniture. It’s just banning the scary thing, instead of the practical one.

Minimum ages for purchasing (so dumb teen doesn’t buy a 10 dollar kitchen knife from The Reject Shop) and carry laws are the smart option.

1 Like

I carry a knife on my belt every day and everywhere I go……. because, you know, rural life and it’s just always on my belt.

Reminds me of the story where I got it taken off of me by Armed Security after going through the metal detector at the local Court House …… because I simply never even thought about the fact that I had a knife on me.

Done my business and got it handed back on my way out, with my Daughter laughing at me because she was at least smart enough to leave her knife in the car before we went in :roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

Looks like the WAT M1 carbines are coming next month. Fakebook post has them listed as available from Saturday

Was only the Para version from the posts I had seen. If I wasn’t broke I’d love to get the full stock version though.

Had full stock as well on posts - from their page

1 Like

Ok, must of posted after then, one I saw specifically mentioned the Para

The M1 carbine is the only blaster that has got me interested in a long time. Look forward to some reviews and banter from those that get one.

2 Likes