Upcoming Blasters and Products

This reminded me of something I found when I was clearing out my old rural property for sale.

I used to do all the prop making and painting scenes/backdrops for the local Theatre Group many years ago…… and occasionally some bad acting and singing! :joy:

Anyrate, I found in the shed a couple of Tommy Guns that I had made/painted out of timber and steel.

Looked pretty convincing under stage lighting and many people had asked to see them at the after show dinners.

Full size wooden carved body/stock with metal barrel, metal triggers and guards, metal drums and old leather belts for slings.

I had the idea to keep them as shed art, but with the appearance laws and everything else going on, I just threw them in the back of the truck for the next run out to the tip.

In the past, kids could have happily played with these running around in the local parks, nowadays would have the TRG show up instead……… because 8 year olds have easy access to Tommy Guns according to the Police and the fear they have created amongst the public :roll_eyes:

It really is a shame how disillusioned people these days are, like if you were to stop and think for a second how a child could get their hands on a real operating Thompson let alone being able to carry one (depending on their age of course) or any other firearm of that nature what’s the likelihood of that.
I know it’s not uncommon for hunting rifles and such to be around, especially inland, but the parents should be sensible enough to teach gun safety.

Yeah…… I would be more concerned myself if I seen a kid with a realistic old looking steel/timber bolt action rifle, because there IS a possibility that he might have gotten into the old man’s gun cabinet.

I wouldn’t be concerned if the same kid was holding a full sized timber/steel shiny new looking Tommy Gun/AR15/AK/MP40/UZI Pistol etc……. because that’s a VERY improbable scenario in this country, yet the Police and public seem to think that it is?

Like I understand being cautious and all but come on, think a little before you panic dial 000

3 Likes

Sounds like no one trusts no one to be responsible.

Yes, I think instead of banning (which I think doesn’t help), it should focus on education instead.

Knowing is better than not knowing.

2 Likes

But there’s always going to be those who don’t want to learn but instead kick up a stink cause they didn’t get their way.

Or rather why should they learn about something they have no interest but instead just get rid of said interest, that solves all the problems :person_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

unfortunately yes, that seems to be the case no matter the topic.

but that’s another discussion for another time.

2 Likes

You are right there, that is a big problem, don’t get training and teaching from their parents, or experience. They are all big scary things that wipe out countries in the movies. Because that’s all they see them in. Then places like USA have trouble with whacked out people thinking they can do what they saw in a movie or a game and yea, well this year hasn’t been too good. As well as the criminal black market here in Aus is unbelievable.

1 Like

It used to be mandatory in schools in Australia to do the cadet training course post WW2. That is how the Martini Henry .310 Cadet came about. Now what have we got, kids vaping and a bunch of whatever can’t teach that anymore. No cane. No nothing. Kids can’t even speak correct english.

2 Likes

People these days cannot fathom the fact that we had Air Rifle training every Wednesday night from being in years 5/6/7/8 through primary school that was organised through the local PCYC.

We had actual Police officers training us every week on how to shoot rifles in primary school ages.

We would train weekly and travel all over Western Australia competing in competition shooting with other PCYC teams all across the State.

Imagine if this was still happening in this modern day and age where primary school kids were being taught by the Police how to shoot guns!

It’s insane how much the world has changed since I was growing up.

It never stopped me teaching my own kids about gun use and safety the same as I was taught from a very early age.

I believe that it’s much more dangerous NOT teaching kids about gun education and safety rather than just trying to outlaw/ban/disassociate them from the reality of what they might experience in their lives.

1 Like

“knowing is half the battle.”

as they say, but they don’t do.

1 Like

This is something I’d drop big money on… Walther WA2000

Ares make them for a/soft, really wish they’d release a gel blaster version. Big bonus for me, it’s a bullpup :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

……… and yet the whole entire world pulls the piss out of the OWEN gun as being ugly and industrial :roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

I like industrial & ugly, Doc :laughing:

My ex army mate always looks at the left side of my display rack with the quirky blasters and says “But they’re so friggin’ ugly!”

Loves the M16 / M4s, a big fan of the AR platform.

Owen’s are quirky… I dig quirky… an Owen would definitely have a place on my wall :+1:

4 Likes

M1 carbines and paras are in stock at WAT

1 Like

Really want one but don’t have like $700 just lying around :disappointed:

I swear, the Literal Moment something happens, you are onto it!!
Good stuff…
Apparently xforce are getting some in, to onsell …

I might buy from them, as they are closer for support…
Come get some.!!

2 Likes

That makes two of us. Saved up for it and now need tyres for the ute, new bed and mattress and strut rod bushes in the convertible - always the way

Most of the new stuff gets posted at coffee time, except for x-force which is dinner time reading. This one came up as I was keying another complaint to ASA after being bombarded by screeching A320’s all morning