UZI SMG Cap Gun / Gel Conversion

Oooo hot damn that is looking good champ. Damn now I got a woody again bugger it :rofl:

I was thinking along those lines. Damn youā€™ve nailed it, bit more electrical and itā€™s air bme all the wayā€¦ to the mooon! :rofl:

Turns out the barrel alignment on the MP9 is way off to the diecast barrel the UZIā€¦ by around 20mm. :-1:

However, in the spirit of never say die, after a get together with @BME at Chez FriendlyFire, weā€™ve nutted out a workaround planā€¦

More shell dremelling :rofl:

I refuse to give up on this sucker :joy:

Maybe it shoots out the Lazer sight on top of the barrel :thinking: :wink: Arnie needs Lazer sighting :joy: :person_shrugging:

Interested to see what you come up with. :+1:

You blokes have got this shit in the bag, youse are switched on and knowledgeable as heck and I have no doubts youā€™ll get this project up and running despite all of these set backs and inconveniences and when youā€™re done youā€™ll be like

ā€œfuck you Murphy :fu:t2:ā€

:rofl::joy:

You got this :facepunch:t2:

Funny you mentioned that.

We actually talked about leaving the gearbox offset, leaving the barrel intact, and having it shoot out of a custom hole, just above the barrel.!!

A small custom hole, with the barrel flush against it, on the insideā€¦
Leaving the uzi barrel intact would have helped with the shell retention.

But, it wasnā€™t going to fit in, that way eitherā€¦

Best to lose some of the rear stock area, where it was made smaller than real, to fit in the collapsed stock model on itā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s almost a shame we canā€™t run the barrel above the cast barrel. Itā€™d be practically invisible if it finished flush at the front anyway, and would be a good solution. :man_shrugging:

But this bit gets in the wayā€¦ bummer.

1 Like

Hmm I see the problem rear of receiver cut away for the underfolder.

Maybe to drop the box down fold up a faux underfolder to hide it from sheetmetal. Or did it have one originally. Might be doable.

Yeah weā€™re going to cut away behind the grip so the back end of the gearbox should sit about hereā€¦

A bit of a sheetmetal box arrangement will hide it and should give me the wiggle room to have the IB exit the casting where it should. :thinking:

Like @BME said yesterday, one hurdle at a time.

It would be nice if the trigger arrangement was a microswitch, but itā€™s a weird arse trolley arangement under the box. Thatā€™s hurdle number two.

One step at a time. :man_shrugging:

Yā€™know, i saw thisā€¦

And thought, "that gearbox looks smaller, and the mag would fitā€¦

Butā€¦

Big dollars, for an abortion frankenfurter, of a third cousin, distantly removed, of an UZIā€¦

It looks like it has downs syndrome, foetal alcohol syndrome, and hit every branch of the ugly tree, on the way downā€¦

Not $245 worthā€¦not when a anatomically correct jingming mp5k is going sub $200ā€¦

yeah Iā€™m not a fan of that uzi, looks too chunky and awkward

the one you guys are working on looks so much better, and gangsta :sunglasses::grin: lol

1 Like

They are in real form, couple guys had them at the club. Now with the fun switch well yea I can see itā€™s value as a hose. But much better off with anything really for straight out pistol shooting. They are just clunky. Heavy nearly twice the weight of a traditional pistol. And discontinued I believe.

The blaster who knows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but not my cup of tea.

1 Like

I figure if it looks true to the real steel, Iā€™m happy, ugly or otherwise. Letā€™s face it, thereā€™s nothing pretty about a CZ Scorpion but itā€™s still one of my faves. :man_shrugging:

Iā€™d do a mini UZIā€¦ picked one up and let a few rounds through today, in factā€¦ on C.O.D MW2. :laughing:

1 Like

I think with the UZI pro itā€™s the polymer lower I donā€™t like and the side charging nubs. Then the tacked on rails. Looses that iconic look.

The Mini is def my favourite, I remember semi ones of those sitting in the local GS with long barrels on them back in the day. They look so cool, love to play with a real one but alas a game will be as close I get these days.

1 Like

MACV-sog build definitely would pair well with some sort of revolver.

Are you talking about a CAR-15? :thinking:

Hey @Friendly_Fire ,
Nothing to stop from using a Gen8 Style remote electronic contact trigger switch instead of the mechanical switch in the gearbox being fitted?

As far as fire select is concernedā€¦Gen8 full auto also works really well too! :ok_hand::sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Possibly, Doc :thinking:

From memory thereā€™s a contact switch built into the gearbox on the underside, actuated by a spring loaded trigger trolley that runs in the base of the receiver.

The fire select on the MP9 is MOSFET free so itā€™d be easy to rewire and put a switch wherever it needs to go.

Could be trickyā€¦ but not impossible. To be honest, I havenā€™t thought that far ahead yet, Iā€™m trying to come up with solutions that Iā€™m 99% sure of before I start deconstructing beyond the point of no return. :wink:

Plenty of room for a simple brain dead T238 remote MOSFET to control all of those functions from a couple of little remote contact switches :+1: