What are you watching today?

My daughter loves this show.

watchsomuch.to

The shitty minion logo makes you think its a scam site or something, but its a better alternative to the pirate bay

Use Deluge as your torrent client, its open source and not monitored by the RIAA.

Australian case law regarding successful suing of an end user dictates that damages must be the equivalent of one admission ticket, so no odyssey bothers with legal action here.

Enjoy sailing the seas.

Just started on this…

Aside from Cosmo Jarvis sounding like a Richard Burton / Russell Crowe hybrid, it’s brilliantly made.

Far closer to the James Clavell books than the original 80s series.

2 Likes

Attack on titan…

regardless of the medium ( book / tv/ movie / anime), its all about the story…

This story is simply amazing…it fits in a genre of its own, as its simply like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

What initially appears to be a “monster story”, is ultimately an essay into the darkest parts of human nature.

As i said, it kept popping up on my youtube feed, i got curious and watched a couple of vids. Caught my attention, did some research…and found it was one of the highest ranked shows, on IMBD. S3 climax episodes, rated 10/10 by over 100 000 people.

So, I had a look…

In terms of storytelling, this is now one of my favourite shows, of all time.

So, the story…

100 years ago, the titans appeared, and drove man to the point of extinction.
A race of giant humanoid creatures, they do one thing only…devour humans.

They are 3-15 m metres tall
They are naked, but have no genitals ( how do they reproduce?)
They do not speak.
They do not eat for food, in fact regurgitate, when their stomach is full, then start again. Nor do they starve to death.
They are hard to kill…only by severing the spinal colomn from the brain, do they die. Anything less, they rapidly regenerate.
And, when they die, they turn to steam and evaporate away…

The remnants of humanity, huddle behind 3 cocentric wall, encompassing thousands of kilometres.

The walls are 50m high, and apparently appeared overnight. How…??
The story begins with a wall being breached, and 9 year old eren watching his mother get devoured alive, in front of him…

The story is savage, brutal, with so many plot twists, betrayals and reveals…
Not a kids show, but game of thrones level storytelling…

The music is outstanding, the animation is excellent, it won a whole bunch of awards, and warner bros bought the rights to make a film version.

No need…the anime is well worth a look. The japanese voice actors convey so much emotion…

This clip is from episode 1 : For you, 2000 years from now.

That soundtrack…!!

And, the entire story came out of the mind of a 19 year old…

Me, watching my cyma messing up! That and Loki!

Binge watching Hindley Street Country Club on the Tube

1 Like
2 Likes

Watched the classic Aussie horror movie wolf creek today because I was out of school with the Covid then learned about the horror of Ivan Milat through some documentaries. Now know why hitchhiking is a thing that isn’t popular with more recent generations.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1715194904991

Binge watching this…

Outstanding Aussie show. :+1:

2 Likes

We spent most of our childhood travelling all over the remote Australian countryside/northern regions, deserts and extremely off the beaten path places for months on end every year.

The old man is ex military and not a stupid man, so we always had faithful old “Bentley” tucked firmly between the seats at all times.

“Bentley” was an 8 round pump action 12 Gauge that was carried for these exact reasons of protection against whatever threats that might arise way out beyond nowhere.

It was “swung around” on a few occasions when we came upon a few “locals” who had blocked the road ahead with a vehicle, or wandered onto the middle of the track whilst a larger group were hiding in the scrub waiting to appear as soon as we stopped.

The old man was smart enough to pull up some distance beforehand, grab Bentley and walk towards the offending “locals” to get into hearing distance to “have a little chat “ with them about the situation and always managed to carry on our way peacefully.

We never had any dramas, but I’d hate to think what would happen if pensioners or tourists happened to be confronted with such a situation :frowning:

The most frightening year was when this madman linked below was on the loose in the exact same region where we were travelling, so had to be constantly vigilant 24/7 keeping our eyes open for any suspicious vehicles or any other people we might cross paths with in the middle of nowhere every few days here and there.

We kept coming across many ADF Personnel who were camped out here and there who were called into the manhunt, would pass APC’s and Military trucks every few days when we became close to a town or highway, along with many Police cars and Helicopters that were all combined in the manhunt.

Was pretty freaky travelling around in these exact same towns and regions knowing this nutcase was on the rampage in the exact same area, but thankfully we heard on the radio that he had been found and was no longer a “threat” :wink::+1:

3 Likes

Wow… that’s scary stuff, Doc :flushed:

The outback, as beautiful as it may be, has never been a place where you can be 100% safe… and it’s not the wildlife you have to watch. That solitude can attract a lot of very weird people.

As you’ve eloquently pointed out in your stories of your family travels in the remote north.

2 Likes

First rule of thumb……. never EVER stop! :flushed:

Unfortunately we had to a couple of times where we ran across a couple of vehicle accidents way out in the middle of nowhere, which was extremely lucky for the people who were involved.

This was back in the 1980’s, when remote dirt tracks were very isolated and had nowhere near the same amount of people/traffic that is encountered these days with so many tourists/retirees/4WD Adventurers travelling these remote regions.

Back then it wasn’t uncommon to drive thousands of kilometres for a whole week until encountering a single other vehicle or human being, so was definitely much more dangerous to travel these regions if something serious did go wrong :worried:

My mum and dad still spend much of their retirement trekking all around the “remote” regions of Australia, but they continually comment about how much more developed the roads and remote towns are now compared to back when we were originally going through these areas back in the late 70’s all the way into the early 90’s.

They now encounter many more people all over the place, where tracks like the Canning Stock Route and many other remote areas are now a major tourist attraction for people to make their own TikTok/YouTube “survival” videos :roll_eyes:

The two major accidents we came across in all our years of travel were a young overseas tourist couple and a retired husband and wife with their small dog, who we found in the middle of nowhere after rolling their Camper Vans on the corrugations whilst attempting to round a corner on heavily corrugated dirt tracks.

The old man could pick the fresh skid marks on the surface before we eventually rounded the corners and found them in their wrecked upside down rolled Camper Vans on the side of the road :cry:

Again, the old man would pull up hundreds of metres short as soon as we seen the accidents, which was purely so us kids wouldn’t be confronted with the blood and guts or possible dead bodies that layed within the crash site.

Luckily the old man being ex-military, and my mum being an RN, we were able to provide immediate medical aid and had the proper radio equipment onboard to be able to contact the authorities, which is something that these travelers never thought about and were completely out of communication on their travels :flushed:

Remember this is before mobile phones, GPS, EPIRB or any of those modern types of communication technology, so unless you had specific knowledge about such things, then people would be all alone and cut off from the outside world.

Luckily my old man is ex-Royal Australian Signals, so have always had the very best communication systems not only in our 4WD’s, but also in our offshore fishing boats and home communication radio stations.

We were able to bounce a signal off to whichever channel picked up our mayday, and they were able to phone the relevant authorities to send help to our location that the old man gave coordinates from the maps that he carried for each of our trips out into the wilderness of wherever we were travelling :ok_hand:

If we didn’t happen to come across these people ourselves, and if my mum and dad didn’t have the training, skills and equipment that 99% of any other passer by wouldn’t possess ……. they would have definitely perished in a very short time indeed :worried:

2 Likes

Just got off the phone with mum and dad who are still away travelling northern WA for the next few months, and discussed these same stories that I have posted here.

The one thing I forgot to mention was the Gibb River Road, which they just said was now like a major Perth highway instead of the old desolate track that it used to be.

They both agreed with my comments here in discussing about how desolate and dangerous travel used to be back in the early days of exploring these regions, and are now seeing how how busy these places are these days with huge influxes of people now exploring these regions :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Just watched a 4wd show that toured my turf at Yorkes and said the same thing, so good because not many go there but it easily creams east and west coast for beaches , waters, camping and such. Not my words, theirs.

2 Likes

I had an old Adelaide mate you used to beach fish out of a fisherman’s hut on the west coast of the Yorke…

My sister moved to a farm south of Maitland for a few years back in the 80s but by then life and kids caught up with me so I never got to see that part of the state.

Bloody shame.

I did get to camp overnight on the beach at Memory Cove during a week long stint on a crayboat out of Port Lincoln… that was pretty magical back in the 70s, so remote and nobody else there except for us and the crew of a shark boat that anchored up for the night. Beers, crays and shark fillets on the coals, a million stars… man, best time of my life.

1 Like

Just for shiggles… “Rogue One : A Starwars Story” :thinking:

Couldn’t help noticing what they used as the base weapon for Cassian Andor’s blaster…

Must have run out of creativity in the props department for that one. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh an AR15, either creativity or availability. The movie budget not so great :laughing: