What Did You Get Up To Today?

That’s an awesome looking pew pew mate!
The aesthetics that some people might not like is far outweighed by the actual physical benefits of using the blaster for its desired environment :ok_hand::sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks mate, much appreciated!!!

2 Likes

Will be making version 2 today at work hopefully :+1:

2 Likes

Ok curioisty got the better of me, 2 questions: what are you making these out of and would it be quicker to make the white shell part via a 3d printer prehaps?

Thought behind the 3d printed shell is you could scale them on the bed and make mutiple shells per run while also tinkering with sizes.

1 Like

3d printing would be too week, these are nearly 5mm thick pvc.
Mainly so they won’t collapse when stepped on, which is something needed for fields insurance if they are going to be allowed

2 Likes

You would be surprised how how strong it actualy is, theres people on youtube printing full on rocket moters with them. Plus you can get filiments that contain pure metal but they are a pain to print.

Ah well was only a idea to be fair on prototyping them so your not burning through pvc.

1 Like

Version 2 with larger vents👍

9 Likes

Clean work, mate. Looks pro. :clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Went for a bit if a gel store crawl

• Visited the new Taidi store. Lots of uniform choices, plate carriers, milsim gear, comms gear. Field and game modes sounded good

• Meandered across to WAT and looked over the new pistol range. Lots of nice stuff but nothing really grabbed me. The M17 and M18 are different. Not sure a AW 1911A1 is worth $100 more than a WE 1911A1

• Dropped in at M4a1 to see if they had a replacement mag catch for Wells Gen4 G17. No luck

• Then to FTB to get a new battery and check out the junk bin for a mag catch (had one but worn in the same spot). Had a play with a M4 pistol that’s running 13:1 and a high speed motor. Mad a mess of the cardboard carton

Time to find some bar stock and mill / grind out a mag catch.

3 Likes

Must be nice to be living in a state where you can just wander the streets popping into Gelblaster shops ……. unlike the rest of us :cry:

2 Likes

That is awesome. Looks like it belongs in a Starship Troopers/Aliens movie or similar :+1:

Did a bunch of spriting, coding, and writing today. Nothing particularly amazing, but Darktide inspired me to make a battle nun, and she needed a weapon of course.

open

My buddy also wanted a club sandwich in the game, so I spent some time on that.
clubsanga

2 Likes

Finally got my Gary Gordon Car15 sorted a week or 2 ago…
20221019_221300

And painted my ARP9 and put a metal gearbox in it recently also…
20221019_221325

7 Likes

Hey mate, are you saying we tech mag works fine on the Taurus? Cheers.

1 Like

Correct.

The taurus mag is an utter piece of crap, it leaks like a seive.

I have been through 3 mag replacements / repairs, under warranty, and have just given up. All end up leaking, through top, bottom or both.

Ive tried maintance gas etc, no luck…

The WE tech mag fits it, and cycles it. I dont have any hard gels grown at the moment, but it should have no problems firing.

Id just throw the taurus mag away, and get a replacement WE tech mag…

The taurus does feel more solid in the hand, than the we stars, but the safety catch works loose quite quickly…

20221020_103901

20221020_103918

3 Likes

Right on man, thanks for that.

1 Like

Just finished up week 3 of my new job, and my head is hurting from the constant study.

Time to partake of the bottle of bushmills that turned up in the post today, seeing as I’ve got a weekend to let it get out of my system

3 Likes

Just spent the past 5 hours completing the Modern Warfare II Campaign. I’m not going to spoil anything, but they’ve butchered the franchise.

I was just about to purchase this. Looks like i’ll be holding off.