What Did You Get Up To Today?

I always say to people that we are all born with bugger all hair, no teeth and shitting ourselves……. and we normally all go out the same way!

I have the No hair/no teeth thing sorted, but at least I’m not shitting myself just yet! :joy:

1 Like

Well… hair IS overated…

That’s my defence and I’m sticking to it… :thinking:

1 Like

I nearly just shit myself in laughter so I’m getting there! :joy: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have the same problem but it’s not my parents it the wife
She turned 70 two weeks ago
I wish I could blame it on dementia
With all the things she does.
But it’s just stubbornness of getting old
At least she can still out shoot most guys I know and outride a few other’s
She grew up on a farm in the south island NZ.
Were you ate what you grew or killed
Her first deer she had bagged at 7
Me at 7 my parents gave me the keys to the house and said your on your own till we get home.
She needs to get her eyes tested again.
She keeps getting the water and fuel gauge mixed up .
It seems to always have half a tank and run real cool.

My eyesight might be going
My memory is shot
I have arthritis in all my joints
I constantly have to pee
My reaction time is no existent
But hey I still have my driver’s licence

My hearing aid is dandy
My glasses are just fine
My false teeth come in handy
But I sure do miss my mind.

Went to clean out a blocked storm water drain yesterday. Result - blood blister under thumbnail, strained fingers on right hand, bruised elbow - all the result of the whip-back from the windy thing being used to drag out the roots from the drain - and the drain is still blocked by the head of the windy thing that broke off 12m into the pipe

As my friend once said - old age isn’t for whimps

2 Likes

went to my unit in clayfield, 90 x90 cm frameless mirror in bathroom fell off.

about 7 yrs installed, silicone let go ( thanks hot weather), mirror didnt crack too badly.

I swear, i live at bunnings…

It just irks me, going on a non-sausage day…!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well for the last four days I have been basically bed bound.
With
Lethargic ,high temp,sore throat, persistent cough.
So I called one of those 24hour doctors that come to your place.
His diagnosis
I have one of the variety’s of covid.
I said to him I have non of the symptoms covid is label under.
He said that a lot of what was commonly known as colds and flu virus, are now COVID.
It was then that I told him I have been sick twice in two years, totally different symptoms and both now labelled as COVID .
I then informed him I have never been vaccinated
He said “WELL THERE’S YOUR PROBLEM”
By this stage my anger meter was going through the roof.
So instead of physical hurting him (which I so wanted to do and blame it on COVID delirium)
I just said
Aren’t you embarrassed spending all this time and parents money (he looked like a teenager) going to medical school.
To dish out these ridiculous diagnosis
Or has the health system boiled down illnesses to three categories
It’s psychological
It’s physical
And the rest is covid
Doctors once had compassion.,time and took pride in the work.
So what’s your excuse

He just smiled at me and gave me a script for antibiotics.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Yeah, COVID’s been around for decades, even longer. Nothing new, just a trendy label for what we used to call URTIs… upper respiratory tract infections.

I know that when the OTT hype about COVID 19 was at it’s peak, there was a habit of putting the cause of death in elderly people who psssed away from an unknown illness as COVID. In fact, a woman in the USA petitioned the courts to have her father’s cause of death changed from COVID to heart failure due to old age.

But then the big pharma companies don’t get any financial benefit from heart failure due to old age, hey? :thinking: Just my two cents worth, don’t expect everyone to agree. :person_shrugging:

I 100% agree about that whole global money making debacle! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Regardless of Vax views…
Get well soon, Smurf…!!

Just, dont follow donny’s advise…

Doing my back in starting a full rewire on this little Hot Mini that we are doing a ground up restoration on :frowning:

Bloody thing is so low to the ground, I’ve been doing most of the work kneeling on the concrete floor to give my back a rest.

Been switching between working on this Drag Car that we are building/sponsoring at the same time, as being on the hoist, at least I can raise/lower it to whatever level is comfortable for me :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Flash old Farm Truck for ya @Maiphut :sunglasses:
The owners Dad bought this brand new, which the Owner learned to drive in when he was a kid on the Farm.

He inherited it after his father passed away a few years ago, and now he’s a wealthy retired older gentleman himself, he’s decided to give it to us for a full nut and bolt rebuild using all of the original parts but refurbished. :ok_hand:

……… and yeah, everyone freaks out about these brand new painted vehicles being covered in dust, but when you work in a shed out in the Wheatbelt, there’s nothing can be done about it :roll_eyes:

Best off leaving them uncovered, because the fine dust works its way through covers and damages the paint…… and try to constantly wash/clean them also risks damaging the fresh paintwork.

So tradition has it that they are left untouched and then sent off for full professional interior/exterior/paint cleaning and detailing before being given back to the customers :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Killer, I don’t know what it is but it’s got all the good stuff. Chevy something maybe :person_shrugging:

1 Like

That pickup is a thing of beauty, Doc :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Old TJ Bedford, made by HOLDEN of course!:joy:
It’s a 1958-1962 model and we are even getting the original bed timbers restored to be able to keep everything original! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh right cool drove a Bedford tipper awhile back. Proportions seemed to small for that, but eh photos. Close but no cigar. The tipper certainly did not look like that :rofl: a little rough.

Speaking of Echuca Holden museum is shutting down. Retiring. Oh well back in to private collections they go.

That’s a sad thing to hear, but I understand as there’s been plenty of really awesome museums/personal collections that have been disappearing here in the last 5-10 years as well :disappointed:

The old fellas pass away, their kids only see dollar signs and don’t give a crap about the history of what’s involved :roll_eyes:

Love the old Bedfords they just looked tough from the get go.
I am also partial to the international ute.
They got used Here as a ambulance in van form also .
I have had my share of F series utes last one was an f250 some 10 years ago petrol and the biggest LPG gas tank across the back.
Running a 351 Cleveland.
I always love the amount of room in the engine bays of theses old trucks.
I used to un hinge the bonnet tilt it right back and climb into the engine bay to work on them

Got a Dodge 329 flatbed with a 245 truck hemi 6 I’ve been meaning to get going one day. Dual rear wheels. Not too bad nick, pretty straight.

Also International Scout turned in to a ute with a 345 v8.

Went to my first Magic the Gathering tournament today, down in Waikerie. My girlfriend got me into it, and I’ve been playing cards to keep myself sane in the warmer months. Managed to place 4/8, which. Not great, not terrible :laughing:.

Was a really interesting format. You pay your entry fee, and they give you each a handful of sealed booster packs. Then you open your packs and make a deck out of all your new cards. Get to keep everything you open.

Pretty stoked about what I managed to get, monetary wise out of my cards. Paid $45 for the entry fee, ended up getting about $220-250 back out in cards.

This one ALONE is worth 160 bucks retail, I’m so chuffed.

Tonnes of fun. Interesting blokes there playing. One cute as fuck kid, like 11 or 12 years old. Came dead last, but had a great attitude about it all. Learned a lot from the more experienced players. Looking forward to going again sometime in the next month :smiley:

1 Like