What Did You Get Up To Today?

Tax break where? I am the low end there is no Tax break. I was promised electricity bill relief one off payment and get nothing. Greens tried to put rental housing cap on price, Labour blocked it. Now people are having to just up and leave their homes because they can not afford the unrestricted rent prices.

How’s that commission housing going to work out when construction companies are going bust monthly.

The tax break that the entire media has been up in arms over for a few days. The adjustment of the stage 3 tax cuts that were originally only slated to help the absolute richest of Australia, but now targets 95% of the population.

The HAFF is designed to stop construction companies from being in such dire straits of uncertainty, because instead of Liberal slashing the funding every time it gets elected, causing all of the existing projects to suffer, the HAFF will provide an ongoing and reliable source of government funding, that costs the tax payer 0 ongoing fees. Now companies can reliably take contracts from the government without fear of going bust. There is a reliable $10b going into public housing YOY, which will increase by about 5-10% each year. All of it paid for by the stock market, not the tax payer. And that’s not even mentioning the approximately $10b that the private construction industry was able to free up as a result of negotiations by Labor, now that there is so much more reliability in the sector.

What media? I don’t go off that shite. I’m going off real world experience and what people I know are going through right now. But if you don’t get out and amongst it I don’t expect you to know.

Long time friend rang me this morning, jacked his rent up $140 per week today so has to move out as his wage as a plumber will not cover it.

1 Like

??? Rude. And ironic, considering you aren’t informed about one of the biggest political issues in Australia right now.

I go out regularly and talk to people from all different walks of life.

I don’t go off the media either, but the stage 3 tax cuts (which originally targetted the rich exclusively, and were planned by Liberal) were one of the issues Labor ran on, and promised not to touch after their last 2 elections were lost on the matter. The media are of course going to bat for Liberal and calling these tax cut changes a bad thing. They are corporate dipshits.

Albanese however saw how dire the average Australian’s plight was, and broke his election promise and altered the stage 3 tax cuts. It no longer only targets the rich, but now targets 95% of the population.

Tickets for the Australian Open cost between 2 and 6 thousand dollars. Only one type of cunt would be able to afford that in the middle of a massive cost of living crisis. The kind who would boo tax cuts being expanded to also help the poor.

I also don’t understand what your anecdotal story has to do with tax cuts that have not yet been fully implemented. Or construction projects that, due to Green meddling, have had their commencements delayed until later this year.

1 Like

I might read it eventually if you stop editing it. Rude. What the hell are you on about. I tell things from my experiences. Yours are different no need to be a grumpy butt. There is serious problems.

Gov ordered the sheep and cattle ship still now sitting off WA coast with no solution. Not even to unload it. Gov should expedite that shit or it gives the flower power brigrade more fuel for whinging see told you so but again they do nothing and the exporters are scrambling trying to get something done with no governmental help.

2 Likes

This is the bit that struck me as presumptive and rude.

Gov ordered sheep and cattle

Yeah, like I’ve said before, Labor aren’t perfect. They make mistakes, the same as anyone else. But they are the only party to listen to actual experts, and not just industry mouthpieces, and they’re the only party trying to help as many Australians as they can.

Sometimes that doesn’t include us, and that sucks, but unfortunately we do live in reality, and it can’t all be sunshine and roses. Sometimes we have to make do with something imperfect, because it means that more people get a fair shake.

1 Like

Ok so read the rest after your edits.

1 it’s Tennis so who cares the players need to win prize money somehow and I watched it on TV as you get to see more. If people can afford it well good luck to them keeps the sport going. Just like Cricket, just like Football.

2 I do my Tax more often than you would because of business and there is nothing in my future speaking to my agent.

3 A good friend folded his business up gyprocking just recently for interior housing walls and cielings. He is now working up North for Rio Tinto. Servicing their vehicles as he’s also a good mechanic. Why he did that, no houses being put up to sheet.

Alright fair enough. I was going to say get off your ass but didn’t want to be rude.

Oh well I was polite initially :person_shrugging: swings and roundabouts

1 Like

I agree with this part only. I have to do it daily. Like I say sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Broaden your knowledge, experience and you will see what really goes on instead of listening to crap posted on Crikey and other media outlets.

Again, Maiphut, I don’t read Crickey, or listen to the ABC, or anything like that.

I go out. Regularly. I talk to people from every walk of life. Tradies, blockies, nerds, bums, the elderly, kids, business owners, all of 'em. I’m not a kid, I’m in my damn thirties. I know how to have a broad intake of information :stuck_out_tongue:

Again what?

Well you must of lied to me then as you said you did. :person_shrugging: when you royally fkd up some information from a while back. I simply pointed out you were wrong and you are carrying on like you did then.

Got a dead CYMA. Was running semi only timed run and stopped spitting gels out the end of the barrel. Nozzle wasn’t cycling so looks like a broken tappet plate. Thank goodness x-Force still has a good stock of spares. Going to swap the M100 for a AG 1.28 and see what performance is like

1 Like

New camera angle for unboxing portion of vids

Just for fun a shot of the mask after it was restored

1 Like

I can 100% say I’ve never told you I read Crickey. You might be confusing me with someone else. At absolute best I might’ve linked 1 article that I’d have pulled from Google.

Oh, I said it extremely sarcastically.

Also…disagreeing and discussing with you is carrying on?

1 Like

2 I do my Tax more often than you would because of business and there is nothing in my future speaking to my agent.

Also, you may want to get a new tax guy. The original stage 3 tax cuts passed in 2019.

Treasury announcement from before the changes.

Treasury statement regarding the changes this month.

H&R Block explaining the changes
https://www.hrblock.com.au/tax-academy/stage-3-tax-cuts-explained

As a private business owner I’m not entirely sure they’re applicable, but HR Block’s link should have answers on that.

I’m meant to know if you are joking or being serious exactly how? Why I always put a :rofl: after any of mine to let know it’s a joke.

No my tax guy is on point thanks :+1: And none of that applies to me at all. Low through high tier. Cheers :+1:

Serious> “Instead, I read Crickey!” (I do NOT read Crickey)
Sarcastic> “iNSteAd I rEaD cRiCkey!11!” (I seriously hate that corporate owned, Green soaked inner city rag. I cannot emphasize this enough.)

I’ll try to be more clear and directly use /s next time, instead of just intentionally fucking up the punctuation.

1 Like

It’s all good don’t get your knickers in a knot :rofl: I am unable to tell if your keyboard fucked up or what as a lot say. Glad you don’t like that shit Crikey I really thought you are bonkers when you said that. :rofl: But now I know better.

For example when I was working in the automotive industry. I had to stop working Saturdays making up a 6 day working week. Why? I crept in to the next tax bracket and would end up with less than if I just did 5 days. But that’s all gone now and non existent but is an example. Tax was 30 cents in the dollar and went up from there as you made higher brackets taken straight out of your wage. Under the automotive industry award regs.

Caught up with an agent today, sheep cattle ship still not unloaded. Maybe tomorrow some stay australia and ship cleared to turn around and take the rest to Jordan. Doing agents heads in. Getting hot in WA today 40+ and tomorrow hot again. Not good or just a clusterfuck :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like you did a good job on that. What did you use to clean that up with?

For the rubber and Bakelite I used baby wipes, a little elbow grease and I used a silicone lubricant oil to polish/treat the rubber. The lenses I used windex on after I took out the anti fog inserts that had yellowed.