Closed Down (Retailers) Updated

definitely use PayPal to guard yourself when purchasing from them or any online payments for sure when possible

I only ever use PayPal online for that reason, and am very careful of those donā€™t use it.

Signs of things going south maybe?

Uh ohā€¦ maybe just consolidating? :man_shrugging:

Certainly losing options up here on the northside thoughā€¦ :thinking:

Unsure what will happen to Tac Edge with the passing of Peter Clark

Some ā€˜end of storeā€™ sales onā€¦

if your after a mp5-sdā€¦
This is probably as cheap as youā€™ll find oneā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I did see that MP5SDā€¦ and shed a tear or two :joy:

Mofo of a time for the insurance on the WRX to fall dueā€¦ ah wellā€¦ life. :rofl:

Arenā€™t Classic Army just re branded Well? Or was that another one?

I think it was rebranded Wellā€¦

But, the cheapest way to get a SD shell, then work around its issuesā€¦

Thought Classic Army was itā€™s own manufacturer been around for 20 years made in Hong Kong.

Thinking of Atomic Armoury maybe :thinking:

Maybe that what it was, I know there was one that was just a rebrand but given a premium price tag .

1 Like

Had a bit of a look. Seems that old Well ARP9 is also the Classic Army ARP 9. Might have shared a few models by the looks.

Might be the same factory but different client company maybe.

I have been on the hunt for an MP5-SD for some time, but I want an LDT, ideally metal version. And an MP5Kā€¦ but I canā€™t do the classic army one.

Classic armyā€¦ Wells, atomic armoryā€¦ I would guess are all the same OEM. In china there are only so many licensed Airsoft factories, and in the case of Classic Army, likely they are the main brand from said factory given their airsoft vintage.
All three brands share the similar cylinder assembly. I can only speak to the PDW9 versions and M4s, the Classic Army gearbox is a little different to Well, slightly better but they suffer the same end eventually with the front end wandering away. Given the main difference between a M4 V2 and an MP5 V2 gearbox is usually trigger, selector plate and mag terminalsā€¦

I could adapt a better gearbox, and make it work in the CA version, and I will likely never use it at many games, hmmmā€¦ No. I will wait to find an LDT, it is easier and better in the end.

1 Like

Maybe Classic Army sub contract some stuff out to Well China as CA are Hong Kong based and been making AS for over 20 years. They are obviously making some stuff in parternship but the classic army range is way more expansive beyond anything Iā€™ve seen from wells, M14, FAL and G3.
Maybe Wells is the China arm of Classic Army :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I do remember hearing a year or so ago from a retailer that Classic Army was Well rebranded.

Considering the problems people were having with the M16/CAR-15/ XM177s I tend to believe him. I donā€™t think Iā€™d pull the trigger on buying oneā€¦

Many Chinese manufacturers have had a Hong Kong base for decades. Made in Hong Kong had achieved a quality standing. So they manufactured in Shenzen and shipped across the border to be sold in the carton that was produced in HK by the HK firm

2 Likes

Then the 99 year lease ran out and we own you with all those riots and restrictions. Sad to see, I watched some of it live. Such nice people and a beautiful place HK was.