Current project on your bench

That’s the problem with snipers in gel, they just don’t have the performance to match their style, unlike in Airsoft, thou with heavier harder gels these days they might be a little bit better with the higher fps.

I’d like to see how a hardened larger gel, maybe like the 11mm ones, would fair for things like rifles.
Being bigger they’d have more mass and would need a stronger output to shoot but theoretically could have better long range performance if hardened. Would Introduce a new class of player and a new set of rules for these blasters but would broaden playstyles and engagements.

I agree with @boofhead

After numerous spring changes and voodoo modifications on my Senyu M24 I opted for the stock spring.

Sits around 280FPS and much better accuracy than 350FPS plus. We’re never going to achieve accurate long range shots with gel snipers anyway, my goal was to work with lower power and greater accuracy, more in keeping with a sniper rifle’s intended function and more desirable than humungous power that sprays your shots all over the hemisphere. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve spent hours fiddling with hopups, barrel stabilisation, gels, and magazine tweaks to stop from damaging/distorting the gels on my SR-40 in the last week.
The reality is, sniper rifles in gel are nightmare hard mode. They have no better distance or accuracy potential over any aeg. They are far more difficult and time consuming to dial in a hopup, basically having to go through a 11round magazine then adjust and repeat, as gels just aren’t consistent enough to go from a couple of shots.
Given the amount of shots you get, its worth sorting and getting gels measured to suit, and use the rest in an aeg. I currently have enough accuracy to hit a person sized target at 30m consistently, but a begginer with an aeg and 250fps is gonna destroy me. The only advantage is they are quiet, so you’ll have to use that, as it is all the gel sniper rifles has over everything else.
Still the best gel sniper is the hanke m97 shotgun, those loaded with one ball and a hopup are very good, and can reload the next gel far quicker.

2 Likes

As I have the wells mb05 and am trying to get the best out of it do any of you guys know any parts to upgrade it?

Plenty of upgrades available online.
Overseas/ebay/ online suppliers will ship to Australia, as long as you contact the seller and ask them to remove any mention of the word “Airsoft” from any of their packaging and paperwork, correctly stating that these are Gelblaster repair items :+1:

Funny things happen around here when it rains all day… :wink:

Front wired CYMA M4 UberCQB

More of a proof of concept build than anything else but I’m kinda liking it… now that I’m okay with the function and aesthetics I’ll give it a bit more refinement. :+1:

3 Likes

Neat tidy and functional :ok_hand:
Much better looking and streamlined than having a fake PEQ Box attached to the handguard!

1 Like

I must admit, I did try a fake PEQ first up…

Just hideous, and too easy a copout anyway. I’d much prefer to open a can of worms then spend the rest of the day teying to get them back in the can. :wink:

Love it. I have front wired an kublai PDW9 once, i was able to run the wires out past the mag terminals, and through the barrel/barrel adaptor (if you have ever seen the square cutout on barrel adaptors this is what it is there for)

Actually the right handguard and a nunchuck lipo could pair really well on an m4. Surprisingly it made wiring the gearbox very easy, as there is only two wires going to the motor, and the rest just goes out where mag wires do, very tidy inside the box. The downside being you would need some bullet connectors for disassembly, or just leave heaps of wire so you can leave the upper receiver attached for internal works.

Bullet connectors into the mini Tamiya… like you said, got to have them for disassembly. :+1:
Screenshot_20240108_202657_Chrome

1 Like

Still tinkering with parts and fitment, decided I’ll go with a buffer tube for battery storage ATM until I could be arsed rewiring a gearbox.

Turns out a J9 gearbox won’t fit cause of the angle behind the grip is slightly higher so will have to get another standard v2 sometime, got one of those split FB shells but the molding is off so it’s got a bit of a bulge on one of the pins and needs some time with a sharp blade, again when I can be arsed.

1 Like

Knocked this M4 together today out of spare parts I had laying around…

Full metal CYMA lower receiver and gearbox with 480 high torque motor, nylon upper receiver, m100 spring, 8" alloy fishbone, alloy inner and outer barrel, alloy buffer tube, metal stanag, alloy suppressor, knock off Eotech red dot (functions), Vector folding sights, MOE stubby vert grip, torch.

315FPS with Ultra Elites, the mock suppressor houses a temporary barrel extension to correct piss poor VE and gain a bit of accuracy. FPS drops about 10 with the suppressor off but gels are uncontrollable even with a hopup. It’s a nuggety bitch at nearly 3kgs. :laughing: a tad lighter in short trim with the suppressor off but shite controllability.

Tomorrow it gets a full length 7.3 IB and incorporated suppressor hop up. Not bad for a parts bin special. :+1:

5 Likes

Gotta love the fun to be had screwing together a parts bin special :ok_hand:

Even more surprising is when they somehow manage to end up making good performance despite a large mishmash of bits and pieces :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Looks good, love a good gel blaster “thing”. My daughter was asking me about some of my collection and half my m4s are “things” that I built from parts, some which should never have gone together and just made it work. Get enough spares and it’s like “I just need this and that and I can build another one”
The joys of m4 being Barbie doll for men!

None of my M4/M16s are accurate… they’re all “things”, cobbled together bits from everywhere. :laughing:

As is a few of mine

Was a J9

Was a SLR

Got a couple of others but no pics on the phone.

1 Like

Just finished assembling this …thing, not my design but I have some ideas on modifications.
Won’t get to test till the morning and waiting on a couple of other small parts but it’s cycling as intended.

Takes APS shells and of course they come in packs of 4 not 5, the striker shells are like 2mm too long and don’t sit right cause if a lip in the chamber’s.

2 Likes

So fucking over Chinese engineering practices :angry:

This is the second delta ring that’s failed on me for the same reason.

If you look at that step at the top, that’s what’s left of the external circlip groove. There should be about 5mm of steel above that, threaded through to screw onto the upper receiver… obviously broken off.

The Einstein’s over in China figure that it the bottom diameter of that groove is machined to within roughly 0.005" larger than the O.D. of the thread, that’ll be plenty of meat under the circlip, which is quite strong and exerts a lot of pressure. Dumb fuckers… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

No shit, so far I’ve returned about three delta rings that have arrived in the mail with the circlip breaking through and protruding into the thread, unuseable and can’t even be screwed onto the receiver.

I’ll never put my arse into a Chinese aeroplane, or anything else where my life depends on the R&D team at Wuhan Engineering. :roll_eyes:

Sorry, rant over.

So that ex demo LDT MP5 I ordered from Renegade showed up this morning, being the impatient person I am with these things I couldn’t wait to get home from work to start stripping it to see what the problem was and to my surprise

Now if I’m not mistaken, this is a usual sign of it having metal gears.
Just having a cursory look the first thing I noticed before opening it up was the bolt/dust cover was locked back, pulling the stock and spring retainer revealed the piston is locked back, now that to me says the gears are out of time rather than stripped. But only when I get to do a full teardown will I know for sure.

They also threw in like 50 packs of those little gold packet blue gels cause why not :sweat_smile:

This is a bit of a long shot but worth the ask :person_shrugging:

If anyone with the old Ze Hua F2000 blaster from back in the day has the barrel extension kicking around in a box of loose ends, unwanted, I’d be stoked to buy it, cover the shipping costs, etc.

Looks like this…

I’m all about the originality wirh these old dinosaurs, but I’m not holding out a lot of hope in picking one up… but you don’t know if you don’t ask. :sunglasses:

1 Like