Current project on your bench

So it was just a gear timing and motor height issue. Reset the ARL and adjusted the motor and it’s cycling like new, did look pretty dry inside so will still want to tear it down and go over it but $120 for a 5 min job on a blaster that ib think of $420 RRP, not a bad little pay off.

1 Like

XM177 build… CYMA M16A1 base.

Parts yet to come from SixMM, HK…

XM177 handguard

Era correct delta ring

XM177 compensator

Jury’s out on a scope and mount, not sure if I like the aesthetic

Oh, and a metal short M4 magazine from CYMA

2 Likes

Hope that delta ring isn’t madichina for you :pinched_fingers:. I ended up getting my flat slip ring from Brownells USA.

Cool build :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, it’s certainly handy being able to use real quality crossover parts from the USA instead of cheap Chinese copies :roll_eyes::+1:

THE CLOSEST THING I GOT IS THIS
DON’T ASK ME WHAT ITS OF
I HAVE SO MANY BITS AND PIECES FOR BLASTERS.
I FEEL LIKE I AM A BLASTER Wrecking YARD.
I HAVE STUFF I LOOK AT AND SAY WHAT THE HELL IS THIS OF
ANYWAY IF IT HELPS ITS YOURS

1 Like

Ah nice, that’s a Kriss Vector outer barrel.

They’re a weird one… external right hand thread, can really only use them on Vector gearboxes… Bloody Le Hui. :laughing: worth hanging onto though because they do look cool on the right blaster. You just have to make them fit.

I’ve got a couple of those, but the offer is very much appreciated just the same, @Bikersmurf . Thanks anyway, man. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks now I know what’s it off have labelled it :+1:

Started pulling the MP5 apart, and of course my dumb ass forgot about the mag contacts being how they are and snapped the wires off :man_facepalming:t2:, so that’s on hold till I can be bothered digging out my soldering iron.

Will be cutting a bit of a groove out so they’re not so smooshed going in and out, check air seals, mayb change the gears out of I feel like shimming, got another LDX tappetless head coming so hopefully that arrives soon and I can use this as a tester, cut a new barrel for it, better spring and maybe a new motor if it cant handle it and should be good for a game.

Accessories are looking a little scarce these days unfortunately, maybe when those GE MP5s roll in there might be more with them.

2 Likes

Performed a little creative work with a piece of hacksaw blade to turn a five position buffer tube into a more era correct two position unit for the XM-177 build.

The devil’s in the detail. :wink:

4 Likes

Ah right, took me a few seconds to figure out what you did there.

Very creative indeed :+1:

Pretty sneaky solution… almost invisible.

As you found yourself, Maiphut. :rofl:

Pays to do your research BEFORE you buy… :roll_eyes:

Thought the correct delta ring for my XM177 build was the early straight one. So over $50 plus shipping later this is on the way from Honkers…

Then I bothered to look into the evolution of the XM177 on Youtube and realised that with the M16A1 receiver I’m using I should be building an E2… which has an angled delta ring… which I already have. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So unless down the track I come across an M16 receiver with no forward assist and full fence around the mag release (highly doubtful), there goes fifty odd bucks down the shitter :thinking:

1 Like

Na I put a flat delta ring on a A2 plus flat top full fence receiver. Hmm can you measure the thread and pitch.

I will when it gets here… :+1:

It’ll fit, I’m sure… but Colt put those straight rings on the first early XMs. The slab sided ones with no fencing and forward assist. The later receivers with the full fence and forward assist got angled rings.

I’m just trying to be era correct. :wink:

1 Like

Oh yep gotchya. Going for the look. Flat is called slip ring and when they beefed them up later called them delta with the angle as Colt scrambled to change things in Nam days.

I used to have a good infographic showing the differences over the models. Dunno where it is atm, see if I can dig it up.

Or you building an airforce GAU/5 :rofl: But yea just go the fenced longer barreled E2 route with a Delta ring.

Here you go @Friendly_Fire Colt AR-15 Identification Guide - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games (imfdb.org)

1 Like

Current printer project, still missing a couple of parts obviously, will also need to alter some pieces for fitment too.

That light blue filament does not print great either, it just wants to peel off the plate for some reason, haven’t had that with any other colour filament.

1 Like

Finally got around to pulling that MP5 apart.
The culprit…

But this just showed up.

EDIT: turns out the LDT cylinder head doesn’t fit the LDT gearbox… who would of thunk.

Seen plenty of those little “two part” springs before!

Softer cheaper springs last longer than the more fragile stainless steel or high tensile ones in standard configuration……… but SS/HT Springs can be reshaped from new to allow for more lineal flexibility without developing stress fractures at the critical end coils to make them virtually indestructible when shaped right :ok_hand:

1 Like

I ended up just replacing the spring with one in my parts box, don’t know what sort it was didn’t look like SS.

When/if something else fails I’ll look more into better springs etc but for now it’s running and shooting.

Oddly it’s hating hardened gels but runs great on the condom pack blue gels (got sent like 20 of those little packets with the blaster)

And with that little internal hopup they come with it’s shooting pretty accurate too.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I did probably 90% of my new OOTB testing and Chrono results using those Blue supplied gels, as I had thousands of them piling up in a box and wanted to get rid of them somehow……… but they were actually surprisingly good and gave no issues no matter what I put them into!

Many of my old FPS Tests would quite regularly outperform other peoples same model new stock blasters by 20+ FPS, and I could only put it down to the cheap Blue Gels, because when I ran higher quality/harder gels through the same blaster, the FPS would actually drop down to whatever results most other people were experiencing who were testing using better quality gels :thinking:

2 Likes