Current project on your bench

Because the nylon gearbox is made by warinterest. LDT latest parts such as the tappetless nozzle and gearboxes are not produced by warinterest anymore…

1 Like

thats so coooool

I want one immediately

MP5 not shooting too bad, air seal on stock parts was pretty AVG but didn’t have spares to fix it up, will eventually the not should shoot pretty good

And just need to do the stock, main barrel and sand down some clearances and it should be good to go

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve always said about the LDT MP5s, it’s a damn shame such a good shell has to be fitted with such a shitter of a W.I. gearbox.

Good that you’re getting it sorted though… nice! :wink:

3 Likes

I’d just invest in a whole nother gearbox. The more you pull those WI boxes apart, they start falling apart themselves. The gb shells are made of plastic dinner plates recycled.

Finally got around to starting the MK47 build ive been wanting to do for a while, waiting on a few parts and doing custom wiring for the P* loom. just running a jack in this one.

4 Likes

Very keen on that handguard for one of my mp5’s, does a simple stl search yield results for that?

Umm yeah it was on thingy, hold up.

edit:
CYMA MP5 Magpul inspired handguard by DannyTheNoob - Thingiverse

you can print it with thin fuzzy settings to get that texture effect. only issues with the LDT is the front pin is longer, so it sticks out a bit, and the model goes over the receiver rather than using those two tabs on the inside, but it holds it sturdy enough.

1 Like

Cheers
not an issue with the pin, i’ll modify the STL to suit :slight_smile:

Yeah all you gotta do is thicken around the hole by about 5mm I think and it should fit right.

1 Like

@ZeGerman love me a mutant. And that looks awesome. (except for the hose but thats the brakes for HPA! more a fault with me than HPA though)
I gotta let this out though. As I was genuinely disappointed at Azraels for this… Their receiver is closer to an SR47, not a CMMG MK47… nitpicking I know, but it seems nobody has ever noticed or said anything.

SR47 - Was a knight’s armament SR15 that was parts changed to suit captured insurgent AK mags, the program was a failure due to captured ammo in this scenario is almost always trash, and 7.62x39 doesn’t do well on parts and receivers designed for 5.56. I think only 6 were made, with only one left in the KAC museum.

MK47
CMMG basically doing the same thing, but with an AR10 base, and it was made from ground up to suit 7.62x39. The main difference externally is the magwell, which is also my main nitpick int the naming convention used.

I know I am being picky on the details, both are an M4 that takes AK mags, both are a travesty of east and west, both are very cool imo also.

3 Likes

Thanks mate.
Yeah i’m aware of the innacuracies but as far as options for making a working blaster its either the azraels or the other one (which i have the reciever for) and then its the quest for the holy grail to find the mags :frowning:
If we had the CMMG version here in aus i’d def have build from that instead.
That being said the Azraels reciever is really nice looking… i am interested to see how it holds up to milsims and me crawling around / falling over :smiley:

2 Likes

Did a test print with whatever fillament was in my printer… dont mind the grey

3 Likes

Battery fits in there ok obviously.
Can always paint it, the grey would look like bare metal with any wear marks.

2 Likes

Made an adaptor to use a folding stock instead of the collapsible one, need to remodel the attachment so it actually locks on the rail instead of just friction fit cause that’s logical for a stock.

And a different one

And the collapsible with the shotgun under barrel

Haven’t been motivated to dig out the power tools to work on the other projects lately but eventually.

6 Likes

my finished project on 2 AAP01

THe Iron Man

The joker

7 Likes

Man keeping those clean inside’s gonna be a bitch :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Turning a GE GBBR M16A4 into a DMR.

After initial mock up decided against this Fortis handguard and used a Keymod hand guard.

7 Likes

Love a good DMR build… :+1:

Me too!
DMR’s look the specialty equipment that they are and have a certain aura about them compared with the run of the mill infantry rifles :ok_hand:

I absolutely adored this thing, even though I never got the chance to finish the build, it still had the potential to be made into something awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like