Current project on your bench

The Keymod Handguard definitely looks the business, much less show pony than the Fortis design :+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a whole lot of awesome right thereā€¦ :+1:

Love a big 7.62 mag in a gel blaster. Itā€™s the only reason I sprung for the BF SCAR H Iā€™m going to DMRā€¦

Love a good DMR style build. I would love if a decent manufacturer did m110, or other .308 style long rifles with a v2.5 gearbox, so us gel squirters could get some decent volume for barrels beyond 400mm. It is only 3 extra teeth on the piston and sector, but even an full size AK or M16 is poorly volumed with a V2 for us so would make sense for a DMR style rifle. Maybe one day.

2 Likes

LDT/Ares did an M110 DMR a few years back, X-Force were selling them. Donā€™t think theyā€™re selling them anymore, price point was a bit high back then.

They were pretty much the first premium blasters with a price tag up around a grand, before the Tavors appeared for a similar price.

I tried building an M110 clone from an M4 platform, it was acceptable but it goes without saying that a 5.56 mag just doesnā€™t cut it with a DMR.

The only blaster I have now that would be in the DMR category now is my M14 EBRā€¦ but at least itā€™s got that big-arse mag goinā€™ on, with three spare mags thanks to BigMuthaDrums. :wink:

2 Likes

Call the 556 a MK12 SPR! :grin:

Would be interesting to play around with a V2.5 gearbox that Rok mentioned. See what improvements it makes in the long blasters.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure IHobby sell a Mk12 in full metal.

Cool, could get your Travis Haley in Iraq on :rofl:

Bog standard MOYU SCAR-L.

The one and only Ugg Boot had a very high quality finish and looks about it, and yet still was the poor orphan that was constantly overlooked by so many other optically pleasing blasters on hand at the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, funny thing about MOYU SCARSā€¦ how was the trigger response on it, Doc?

Years ago back in the days of HEe Punisher V2 M4s, HEe had a habit of building pretty well designed blasters with really good takedown systems. Their ACR was a great example of that, in pieces and gearbox out in three minutes.

The biggest gripe was the horrendous trigger lag that came from the MOSFET in the base of the grip which pinned into the gearbox under the motor. Very noticable and impossible to get any kind of snappy response out of it, but integral with the easy takedown.

Iā€™d be keen to see if the MOYU SCAR is the sameā€¦ I donā€™t know if they come from the same manufacturer as the Punisher, but all the reviews Iā€™ve seen give me the impression they do. Accessories like vertical grips, fake ACOGS, lasers, etc. look identical to what came with the Punisher V2. I havenā€™t seen a teardown of a MOYU SCAR but if itā€™s got the grip located MOSFET itā€™s probably got the trigger lag issues along with it.

Shame if it does, because itā€™s a pretty viable alternative to the old JM SCAR V2s. Nylon construction, proper split receiver, select fire, cheap price point. That said, my beast of a Gen 8 JM SCAR V2 is pretty hard to beat if you overlook the split ABS shell with screws and no fire selection.

Thanks for the great feedback :+1:
I honestly donā€™t remember much about the MOYU, especially the trigger response or performance.

At the time that I got it I was already inundated with a large amount of builds in progress, and distracted using my favourite models from my already existing piles of blasters for games/events etc.

I never really fired it other than a quick test fire with a handful of gels to check that it was working properly and then put it back in the box to add to the collection.

Never opened it up, stripped the gearbox or anything like I usually did with most other blasters, probably because I really only got it just to have one for the collection, not to actually use it on a regular basis.

Donā€™t remember trigger response, but was impressed with the build quality and details of it compared with everything else available in that era of different brands/manufacturers :white_check_mark:

Iā€™ve gotta stop looking up real steel stuff on the interwebsā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Found a mob stateside that sells an adaptor to fit a folding ACR style stock to a Sig 550 seriesā€¦ whether or not that would work with blaster parts is unknown, butā€¦

Man, thatā€™s such a tempting option for my 552 Commando. :thinking:

2 Likes

That looksā€¦

Download Very Nice Gif Nomer 1

Problem is Iā€™d have to buy the adaptor AND an ACRā€¦

Still, theyā€™re cheap enoughā€¦ I can get one from Taccy for $94 with a discount code.

Why did I have to realise THAT? :rofl:

Spending Spiralā€¦!!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Been wanting to fit a suppressor to my CZ61 for a while now. Thinking about @BME 's Mac10 build recently got the cogs turning again.

Found the easiest and neatest way was to graft a length of 14mm CCW thread scavenged from an unused alloy outer barrel onto the front of the CZ receiver.

A standard cap and o ring reversed keeps the suppressor away from the nylon nicely. The steel brace canā€™t be folded forward with the can on, but thatā€™s pretty much what you get with the real steel CZ anywayā€¦ which uses a proprietry can and collet lock arrangement.

Not factory accurate, but at least Iā€™ve got options for different suppressors with that standard thread. :+1:

Time to get my KGB onā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

Unboxing the XYL ARP 9 tracer barrel. Impressed with quality.

The rubber hop up seems like silicone rubber and very flexible. See what happens :person_shrugging: Barrel measures 7.3mm ID. Not too keen on that being a short blaster.

Interested in how that works out. :wink:

1 Like

Looks good. I normally prefer 7.3mm barrels on anything 180mm and shorter, so would be okay for me. 7.5 for anything over that has been my rule of thumb.
Very interested to see how it works with the hopup :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve moved away from 7.3 inners. Too finicky.

For mine, they were a good option back in the softer gel days, but with metal gears and 300FPS being pretty much the minimum now Iā€™d prefer to chase FPS with spring changes and not deal with barrel and t piece jams.

The only blasters of mine that get 7.3 inners are the big arse ones like M16s, EBRs and snipersā€¦ and thatā€™s just for VE.

Thinking of mounting my thermal scope on my M16A2 for some fun. Probably a very poor choice but looks pretty sick though, just lined up. The tripod mounting hole is the same diameter as the hole in a standard M16 carry handle. One bolt would be all thats needed.

3 Likes