Current project on your bench

Been a long time since I did the same to my mp5s but it basically went in no dramas.
You will need to use the mp5 selector plate, and disabling the blow back is best for reliability anyway so I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I had modeled a part to replace the blowback piece so you still have spring tension on the charging handle and it covers the ejection port.

At work ATM but could upload it when I get home.

Local guy’s selling these uber bright Le Hui Evos for $100.

Last one of these I bought ended up with a monster Gen 8 box, forward wired and painted black. Doesn’t look much like a CZ EVO though… still one of my favourite blasters.

Picking one up but I’m thinking with this one I’ll try upgrading the original Le Hui box and giving it a more CZ inspired livery. It’s worth it for the extra mag which are like rocking horse shit, impossible to find. :thinking: and the ridgy didge iron sights.

1 Like

Is the gearbox similar to a LH AUG :thinking: I can’t remember got tractor brain. There was a good alloy cylinder head for the AUG box which was rocking horse shit hard to find last I got a few spares.

I remember your previous Evo build that was fun to read. Just not the details.

Never laid hands on an EVO but they look like fun once you get past the white and orange.

Build on McDuff :grin:

Stayed white and orange for about an hour… :joy:

Still got the standard box in it which looks like this… nothing like an AUG V3.

That box is an earlier attempt at improvment by fitting a 460 short motor cage and motor… the stock motor’s a 370 short, so pretty lame. Also black sprayed trigger and wiring removed on that one… for spare parts only.

Yeah, I really like the CZ platform, this latest one’s remained basically stock to retain the fire control feature and original CZ lines. My other EVO with the Gen 8 is obviously full auto only and forward wired with drum mag.

2 Likes

Cool, yea that box is different thanks for taking the time to show.

Looks similar but the trigger and the cylinder head are very different. Same clear abs by the looks. Hmm interesting. :+1:

Just ordered an M16A2 handguard from SixMM in HK.

Should go well on the A3 build I’m doing… and a good way to use up a spare CYMA M4 receiver. :+1:

2 Likes

Ooo nice. SixMM might have a suitable ping pong too :thinking:

The missus asked for an ultra compact ultra lightweight blaster… seems mine are too heavy.

So she’s got this puppy… nylon receiver, XM handguard and stock, CYMA nylon box. About as compact and light as I can get with an M4.

Happy wife, happy life. :wink:

3 Likes

Could of made one of these :joy: as small and lightweight as you’ll get for a M4 based blaster

Yeah, I asked her if she wanted a buffer tube and stock or something forward wired like this one.

She preferred a rifle with a stock. :+1:

1 Like

Finally got time to finish my ADAR 2-15, still need to do some work with the gearbox thou.

2 Likes

So much wood…

So Russian, nyet? :laughing:

1 Like

That looks khoroshiy :laughing: Thanks for showing :+1:

Dilemma, Do I keep building these or wait for the Snow Wolf AUGs that x-force are bringing in?

I read on an airsoft forum that the Snow Wolf AUGs were just JG units rebranded for SW… :thinking:

Could be wrong but if that’s the case they’ll be nothing new… then again I can’t imagine Vas making a big deal out of it unless they were something different to the JG AUGs. :man_shrugging:

Me, I like the old school gear, so a Yi Tai with a monster Gen 8 in it is still a goodie. :+1:

2 Likes

Just wish you could get semi on a Gen 8 when you have a remote trigger

I looked into Urkii plug and play G3 MOSFETs for a Gen 8 build of mine… chasing semi and burst fire for it.

Didn’t work, my mate who’s better than me at electronic stuff couldn’t get it working… must have got a dud from AliX.

I’ve got a few old school builds I’d love to have fire control options on, if only so I could bust out an old dinosaur at a semi-only CQB game and destroy everyone with it just for shits’n’gigs. :laughing:

If that’s all you got to worry about then have at both. Jeez :+1:

Go full “Asian girlfriend Mode”…!!!

Untitled

Imelda Marcos, asking for more shoes…!!!