Current project on your bench

As long as we all play nicely in the sandpit, we should all get along just fine.

1 Like

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. Be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Yeah, apart from Bikersmurf’s comment, I’m now just totally confused by the last half a dozen posts on this thread… :joy: I must have missed something.

I’ll just use my usual go to excuse of lack of sleep and medication induced dilerium :rofl:

To be fair I took it as a joke that it was inteded :slight_smile: So lets move on… Someday @Bikersmurf might offend me and I’ll get my official place in the community! :laughing: (Joke, in case it was missed)

But yes, generally we all work to keep it civil as we are a niche hobby/sport, and nobody here wants to see it go away. I have seen enough toxicity through the 6 years in the hobby to know we all annoyingly have some duty to help steer newcomers away from it.
We can all help each other. Even newcomers help, by growing the sport/hobby. Encourage them, help, and welcome them all. So welcome @Jakedestr0yer! If you need advice on anything most of us here have all owned and upgraded those :wink:

I have 6 years experience tinkering with these things, and one of those was in a professional sense full time role; though to be fair, I am far from professional! Just a guy that researched, sometimes failed, and kept at it until I learnt stuff to succeed. Which really is all any decent tech is. Push the boundary, find out what works and what is too much! I always tested my own stuff before pushing it to the customers, so that saved me plenty of “professional grief”.

Anyway, welcome to the circus mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Small update on my bench…
G36 nozzle shortened, got gearbox together, now to proceed with reassembling it. Which is a shit stain, but hopefully still has a seal and feeds gels now. Time will tell.

Vector MK gearbox.
Still looking good. Really need the g36c to be done so I can focus on the vector.
So far everything still looks like it will work out.
Next step is to modify a motor to suit it… still a vector in that sense. That shaft of the short shaft is not quite short enough… it soon will be though (insert grinding and filing sounds here)
Once that is done I can start to really progress the build. :grin:

1 Like

Two projects in mind…

Firstly, I smashed out this manual G17 based sci-fi blaster a few years back just for shiggles…

I dug it out of a box of stored items recently… I like it so much I’m going to come up with something similar for my G17 SAI GBB today :thinking:

Secondly (and continuing the sci-fi theme), I’ve got in mind putting a G36 style top rail/carry handle on my F2000 to jazz up the looks and make it appear even more futuristic.

Being a clamshell unit, it has to be removable to tear the thing down. Anyone know of any picatinny mounted G36 style top rails from any other blaster that would do the job?

3 Likes

Updated my M4K to .300BLK with an adjustable gas block and a 5KU Dead Air Sandman-K 7.62 can. Mount for surefire scout, thumb switch for peq-15, gbrs hydra mount plus Atacs-AU eotech xps

2 Likes

Not a fan of the colour of the deadair k on M4K, so i sbr’d the scar h. Turned barrel down and keyed flash hider for grub screw on bottom.

50 shades of tan…

3 Likes

Current build

Gotta cut the barrel down and paint the handguard and stock and find a more suitable sights, got some short mags for it that look pretty nice.

Just one of those Gen 8.5s with the semi, only put a 1.18 spring and a metal barrel in it so far but intend to tinker with it a bit more later.

1 Like

I dunno why I’d want an M203 grenade launcher on a M4 CQB build, but what the hell… might as well. :laughing:

Chopped about 3" off the end of it to give it some scale, fixed the grip into a more ergo position and glued a dummy round into the barrel. Like all of the Bing Feng M203s I fit up, it’s cosmetic only and completely non-functional.

Actually makes for a very comfortable foregrip. :wink:

3 Likes

Mash up of a Norinco QBZ 95 with a Royal Ordinance SA80 polymer handguard…

Both ugly on their own but put the two together and… NOT BAD!

Might have to look into bringing one of those handguards in from the UK for the Bing Feng. :thinking:

You did what the fuck is that abomination :rofl:

H&K redid the L85 for UK so it is perfect they say . . .

C’mon man… you should know by now I’ve got a soft spot for any weird-arse ugly Frankenblaster :laughing: especially if it’s a bullpup…I’ve got a wall full of 'em. :joy:

Ian McCollum and Johnathan Ferguson did a good critique of the SA80 and the H&K rework at 12:49 in this vid.

According to Ian those post H&K rework L85A2s are just “acceptable” :joy: He doesn’t have much to say about them that’s good… period. :rofl:

1 Like

Yea I love bullpups too. Especially the reason for them.

Hello 20" barrel in a M4 size. Better terminal ballistics for the 556 and uh yea the M113 APC that we get around in is less than half the size of the American Bradley with less troops inside the yank tank. But nobody takes that in to consideration when dissing bull pups do they.

Infantry are mobile troops, pack up and go hundreds of k’s. walk it you die. Man made machine to cart arse around etc

They are ok. Did ex with the A3 HK rework. Not bad for an old gun. Ian waffles shit at times :laughing:

The Austeyr is way better and why we stuck with it for reasons above.

The SIG is getting a lot of headlines lately. Oh no my beloved M4. But that’s all shit the US are keeping the M4, M27 H&10000 dollar K and getting the SIG because business and money. Going with the 6.8mmx51mm in an AR10 big frame AR with a shit heap 13" barrel that will bust your ears at 80000 psi because they need moar powa to defeat the more and more common body armor which is butter anyway.

Thing is the US is only getting enough sig furies for the 101st Airborne and the 82nd. The rest get M4 made by FN :person_shrugging: who cares. 5k round barrel life and it’s fucked back to depot.

A while back I knocked out this sci-fi themed unit using an old plastic STD manual G17 as a proof of concept build.

Now I’ve got it into my head to do something similar with my Double Bell G17 SAI GBB pistol.

But before I go hack on that SAI ported top slide, is there anyone in the group with a plain DB G17 who’d want to swap their top slide for the SAI item? If there is, message me and we might be able to work out a swap.

Makes very little difference to me if I use the SAI slide, just would be a shame to do so and lose the aesthetic if someone else would prefer it to the plain slide. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

How do you guys post pictures here?

Long story short I have pull apart a nylon LDT MP5 and trying to put a LDX Advance gear box in there. Want to show you guys my progress so far.

It is a steep learning curve but at least I put the lower (receiver?) back in 1 piece and it’s running both full and semi auto (but no more safety).

Then the lower doesn’t want to go back into upper because there is 2 notches from the gearbox stops it going in.

On top of that the blow back unit is not able to put it back in neither.

Sigh… lots of sighs…

Very straightforward… just hit this icon when you’re posting.

Post your pics… someone on here should be able to help you out. :+1:

Then again I could always go to sci fi town on my KELe G17 manual and not ruin a perfectly good DB SAI… :joy: