Current project on your bench

Kublai P4

upgraded to silver lucifer metal slide but I’m new to this shit, first time attempting upgrades and I fucked it, ruined the rear sight because of wrong info from a YouTube video, (watched some yankee changing one on a real m1911) and marked up the slide as well, don’t ask it’s embarrassing but fuck it, learning experience I guess

long story short, probably need a new slide because where the sight goes is ratshit now and I can’t find any sights I like to suit it, not that it would fit properly anyway, whatever tho, it’s just money which isn’t real anyway since they just print as much of it as they want and diminish the fuck out of the worthiness of it, should change my name to Captain Cynical or similar

ordered silver metal hammer and silver trigger, gotta find a decent set of silver aluminium grips and a silver slide stop, but probably going to take it to the local shop to try and fix it up for me while they laugh at my stupidity and take my money but whatever

gotta start somewhere I guess

3 Likes

You’ll be fine. Like all of us we have to start somewhere.

The rear sight, that’s a pisser. Use a small hammer and about a 4mm punch to knock it from left to right through the dovetail.

Some of the 1911 real ones have different sight setups on them these days with improvements etc. Might have watched the wrong one maybe. Looks like a standard dovetail from your pic.

Then again it could be Chinesium because they like to f us while their aircraft carrier is on fire.

2 Likes

“The rear sight, that’s a pisser. Use a small hammer and about a 4mm punch to knock it from left to right through the dovetail”

that’s what the video showed, that’s what I did and that’s what fucked it, even putting a cloth over the punch to try n prevent damage to it

guys at xforce told me yesterday that was a big no no and were shocked when I said it. they said it goes in from the underneath on the inside of the slide and slides up in and across

1 Like

What. Well ok don’t listen to me then. Chinesium at it’s best yet again.

How can it. NVM did they show you how it is done at least.

nah just described the process. sorry not trying to be offensive, just not sure what to do now, getting conflicting statements and I’m not experienced enough to know for myself

I was originally trying to put it in from underneath and I couldn’t get it so I started looking up videos on how to do it, and ended up on the Yankees video instructions the way you described

also the sights not in that pic I think it was before I put the original plastic one back in which fits loose as now

1 Like

Na it’s fine mate just trying to work it out myself and as you say there is jack nothing online besides a promo vid of the P4 which doesen’t go near the rear sight.

Kublai have always been a bit hit and miss. Why I never bought one after the P1 crapola.

Double Bell and WeTech seem to get good reviews here and there is alot of talk about them somewhere around here and owners of those ones :+1: Try the search top right something should come up or just ask.

1 Like

thanks mate.

I only got it because I was none the wiser.

only cost me $150 and I only got it because they were sold out of the JG Works 1911 that I picked up from AusGel for the same price.

at this point, the missos 1911 has cost me almost double what I paid for my JG

much prefer the JG works however that needs properly serviced after I let the young bloke at command elite have a “look” at it while I was finding a spare mag, he pulled the slide a thousand times and dry shot it the same amount while I’m staring in disbelief and said, ya right there mate. I even said to him it better still work when I get home and it hasn’t worked consistently since, jams n the slide gets stuck and does my head in now…

all the more reason to not let other people “look” at your gun :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Ah that sucks big time.

CEH have not got good rappore around here they are on the shitlist to put it plainly and it seems they have not improved at all over the years.

Tactical edge and X force are the better ones currently afaik.

Is the slide locked back where the pic is? Need to drop the safety down or won’t release the slide.

nah safety will be down, n it’s not the slide catch that stops it either, rails etc have been lubed so really confused as to what the issue is, unless he’s bent/twisted the slide from reefing it back a thousand times too hard

1 Like

Likely by the sounds. Might have fkd the trigger group while doing that is wrong and it’s hung up somewhere in there.

When the slide gets stuck back, is the hammer fully cocked or only part cocked? If you manually pull the hammer down, does it release the slide?

Suggest you take it to RJ at x-Force and see what he says the problem is.

1 Like

that’d be right, sitting here testing it in the garage, two clips emptied n now it’s not doing it :roll_eyes:

ok so third mag after refilling the gas n now it’s done it.

slide is almost all the way back and hammer is back, magazine still half full of gels

1 Like

Silicone oil or grease on the slide? Might be bit dry.

1 Like

was only just greased just before, but I’ll look into it, my fiddle fingers don’t play ball very well getting the catch out lol

1 Like

hopefully it’s not the trigger group cuz sounds like that’s a pain in the ass to fix

So you got through two mags without an issue? How did you release the jam?

Could be just a mis-aligned hammer spring. If the hammer doesn’t fully cycle or lock back it can jam the slide. When it jams back are you able to pull the hammer down to release the slide

2 Likes

I pulled the slide back and and released… when it does it, sometimes it’s harder than others and it’s almost like fully stuck and takes a bit of effort to pull it back to release it. currently it feels a lot more stiff to pull the slide back than it normally does, extra resistance in pulling the slide back I guess you could say.

sorry, to answer your question no, can’t pull the hammer back manually when it doe it because the slides in the way preventing manually pulling the hammer back

but yes, two clips without issue, but like an hour ago it was doing it half way through a mag

1 Like

I’ve had a good run with my JG 1911. I do know they come pretty dry in terms of lube. Not quite bite the pillow dry but not very lubed. I know they are lower power compared to the hicaps from JG but the slide cycles noticeably slower. Might be a factor.

I like @BME 's efforts with the wood grips, some day I will change my 1911 to wood instead of plastic too. For now got enough to do so it’s down my list a bit.

2 Likes

I think from what you described that ceh fellow boogered it and something lil bit out of shape with the trigger mech and how it functions. Lot’s of fine bits in there you can’t treat it like that or things bend and break. They don’t need much for that to happen.

I’d go with Wombats suggestion for that X force fella will spot it if you not up to doing it yourself. I’d go that way myself. Sometimes I can make things worse if I try fix things I don’t understand.

1 Like