Current project on your bench

I’m hearing you on that, google seems to be going hard on throttling search results to those in your local area only now, doesn’t matter what you try looking up, it’s getting harder and harder to search for stuff,

mine sticks to results based on my ip, even when using a VPN it’s still using Brisbane as the basis for its results, even with duckduckgo, tor, you name it

I’ve gone through all settings and “disabled” searches based off my region

unless you know the site already they’re making it harder and harder to find what you’re really looking for if it’s not local

2 Likes

Try this manually, select your state and work the map. Might help :+1:

Google tells me I’m in Sydney, lol I don’t think so tim. It goes off the receiving base stations dotted across Australia. I have same trouble.

Stores | Jaycar Australia

Ordered some spare parts from Ausgel, couldn’t of taken a more efficient route…

I live near North Lakes…

Typical auspost. Meandering as always.

I ordered a new sim card one day and it went from Victoria to WA, then up to Brisbane and lost forever. Missed where I live completely :rofl: I got the phone company to re issue and had it in couple days. They couldn’t work out how the freight company did that. I kid you not.

I ordered some helping hands. Hopefully they’re helpful.

They are, hold each end of the wire you want to solder together. Good item and not real expensive to put in the toolbox. Can be bit hard sometimes to free hand it unless you have done a lot of it.

I saw they have those self soldering tube things for splicing wires together. Those might be much easier than doing it the old fashioned way haha. Just needs a heatgun… Which I have.

I hope using a soldering iron doesn’t set off the fire alarm just from normal use.

1 Like

They are worth a try for sure, usually cost more. Might suit all you need to do as well without going to TAFE and working for years to get used to the old way :+1:

I am building up my tool chest like a real man.

250PCS Waterproof Solder Seal Sleeve Heat Shrink Butt Wire Connectors Terminals | BIG W

Like these just watch your wire size you need as the above ones only go up to 2.5mm diameter.

Alot of my blasters need 4.5mm or 12AWG.

1 Like

Yeah those ones. They should be so much easier provided you have enough wire to work with.

1 Like

Jaycar will have better ones and help with correct size . Actually the woolies ones will work they go up to 5mm. Sry had to put my glasses on and read the fine print. Good selection too and ok price.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking that I should be getting more handy man skills.

I’ve used those solder sleeve connectors on a couple of battery and blaster repairs. Good thing is that the join area is still flexible, where it is restricted with tape. Shrink wrap also helps to keep join together

2 Likes

You just use the ones that fit the closest?

Amazon sells them in those box sets for like less than $20 so I might try those.

I’m sure Amazon got some decent soldering irons.

Are the colours on the self solder tunes standardised?

I can’t see where to do that, doesn’t appear to give me that option. granted I’m searching on my phone not PC,

perhaps that’s part of the issue :thinking:

1 Like

hmm must be. :thinking:

Just tried it on my Android phone. Used Google and in search I put Jaycar stores Australia then come up straight away with map and store locator.

1 Like

oh FFS, there I go misunderstanding again. I thought you meant for Google searching in general… :roll_eyes:

clearly I’m not getting enough sleep lately, top that with the stress of moving house, a dodgey real estate that keeps stuffing up my rent payments, useless pricks at work doing my head in and this is the end result…

whoops :grimacing::joy:

1 Like