Current project on your bench

Yeah, totally agree.

The retailers will tell you that M4s are the most popular platform, but of course there’s going to be a shit ton of them in the hobby if that’s all you offer.

I still say we had more variety back in the pre Gen 8 days… and I’m still hopefull someone’s got one of these sitting with a pile of shit in their shed somewhere.

MA5-C from around 2018

How young does Vas look in that?? :joy:

1 Like

You know…
Tec9 shell plus spectre internals…

Could all fit and work together…
Very similar shape, and size….
Hmmm…

1 Like

The pulse rifle import, added 10 years of stress…!!

I’ll bring a tec-9 in, i just wonder if i need a b-709 for it.

Its not a gel blaster, doesn’t shoot anything, just a shell ejector.
@ParaFox404 brought in a shell ejecting luger some time ago, and i believe a B709 wasn’t required for him…

Police are really slow issuing B709’s at the moment…I asked for MP5K and shell Luger several weeks ago, and nothing has arrived yet…

1 Like

let us know how you go if you need the b709 from the english m4a1 website cuz I was looking at getting something from there as well, not the tech or spectre

I think the police are understaffed ATM as we usually use them with sparkies doing traffic signals repairs and various other roadworks and our clients struggle to get them as well due to unavailability

2 Likes

Anything gel is a definite yes, b709 required.

Accessories, no B709 reqd.

Laser pointer/ shell ejecting…???

1 Like

valid point but I’m assuming anything closely resembling a real firearm would require a b709 but don’t mind me brainfarting again

1 Like

I looked at the QPS page to apply for a B709 online last night but think they were having problems… followed the link but it just kept hanging up on me. :man_shrugging:

Bastards… :joy:

1 Like

BME broke it again, that’s all it is.

:rofl: :laughing:

Application for an Import Permit (police.qld.gov.au)

Or do it the manual way.

B709 Import Permit.pdf (police.qld.gov.au)

1 Like

I put the B, in B709…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Okay, i spoke to QLD weapons licensing this morning…

RE: Shell ejectors… its BEST to get a b709.

You can order one, without a b709…it may get through ABF, it may not.
If it is seized, you can still apply for a B709 to have it released…but i’d rather not be in that position.

If you get a B709, customs are also sent a copy, so when the item arrives, customs are aware, and the item is more likely to go straight through.

It takes awhile for a B709, if it means items get through…so be it…

Placed my B709, for a TEC-9 today…

3 Likes

On that online B709 application, a copy of your Queensland driver’s licence will suffice if you don’t have a firearms licence? :thinking:

Yeah, i believe so.
I think it allows to enter a drivers license, if you dont have a firearms license…

1 Like

Not so much a project but something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now.

Went from this:

To this:

Need to get more suitable hooks and some tubs for mags/accessories but otherwise came out good I think.

5 Likes

Nice work mate :clap:
Looking a tough and very neat display piece.
Much better on display than locked away in a cupboard!

Love the big boy up top there, which reminded me of a project I was planning out many years ago.

Reshape the magwell flush with the receiver and modifying to run a top fed mag upside down Sten/ZB26 style! :ok_hand::sunglasses:

Easy to rotate t-piece 180⁰, rewire mag contacts to the top of the receiver and use the lower part of the magwell that’s cut off to modify to fit above the receiver.

Would still be an interesting project for someone with some spare blaster parts sitting around and some spare time on their hands :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Fixing a blaster I built about 1.5 years ago. Ran great for ages. But I disappeared from the sport for a bit so the person I built it for couldn’t get hold of me to service it so got someone else to service it. They stuffed up the shims and a bunch of other stuff and semi took 3 trigger pulls to fire a single round as the bigrrr mosfet was constantly getting false positives. Been sitting in a box for the last 6 months waiting for me to be able to fix it up.
Took me a full day to work out the bigrrr false positive issue. Gears are a little scuffed but serviceable. And I cleaned and fixed up all the internals.

All works now. But I need to make some modifications to the pistol grip for the motor and they lost the motor adjustment screw so I need to design a new one in cad so I can print a replacement so I can get correct motor height. Then I can finally fps and range test it again.
Edit: pic was after I did the service and fixed everything up

Just de-donged my DB AK47

Used a cyma AK foregrip from a Hong Kong airsoft company

Actually being able to fully under fold the stock is a dream come true

Got a couple modifications to make the jam rod work but for a 10 minute job I’m happy with it

Currently trying to do too many things at once. With the handguard i have on my blaster the barrel has a bad wobble that I need to remedy, and I got my hands on a set of metal gears, what i think is a decent spring and a motor that I’m not quite sure is better than whats in the blaster already. Honestly not even sure how to go about testing which motor is better if I can.

1 Like

Typically any aftermarket motor will be better than a stock one, unless it’s a really good quality blaster.

Is it the inner or outer barrel that’s got wobble? If it’s the inner you can use some thin o-rings as spacers between the two. If it’s the outer you may need to add a spacer between the barrel but and t-piece adapt cause it might not be compressing enough.

1 Like

Barrel on these is pretty floppy once unsupported by the suppressor and handguard. I 3d printed a gas block to replace the stabilising properties on mine, but if you have a longer handguard and want a longer barrel might be better to look at a new outer barrel and or barrel adaptor.

Motor standard in them is decent for a stock motor. M100 spring and 16:1 gears still seen a slight boost in rate of fire on a few I have done.
It won’t beat a neo magnet motor though.

1 Like