Current project on your bench

Its hard not to be inspiried by your exploits

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on a similar project! Iā€™ve gone with PVC for my handguard for now though, Iā€™ve not got access to the tools nor experience nor confidence to cut metal like that, particularly not freehand with a dremel. The length looks a touch awkward right now, but should be made better once I print a dummy belt feed to slot in over the mag terminal.

I was able to get away with fitting the outer barrel to the existing aluminium block where the T-piece slots in, then grinding out the receiver a little so the barrel + block slides in from the rear - Iā€™ve found it to be plenty stable.

Now working on channeling my inner @Bigmuthadrums to make a giant box mag by frankensteining an m249 feed mech with the top of an mp5 mag, terminals and feed tube, just have to get the wires all hooked up and the whole thing glued together.

I love the work youā€™ve done though, how did you get the bipod slot at the base of the handguard looking so close to the real deal?

7 Likes

Thats brilliant work mate, Iā€™m 3d printing all my parts based off a 1:1 file of the exact gun, so no metal on mine other than using old alloy barrels as supports insite the top gas tube.
the top tube and barrel iā€™ve extended with PVC pipe that has a 3d printed inner spacer for the gap between the pvc and the alloy barrel (support).

The barrel is also same PVC with a 3d printed spacer for the actual alloy barrel that will be used.

for mine i cut the lower barrel assembly in half and made 3d printed spacers to gule onto those and also allow the pvc to sit over nicely.

for the upper gas tube i have the stock top tube still in place but printed a spacer to match the thread pattern / lenth as an extender to the stock front rings.

PM me if you want the .stl file for the actual hk21.

how did you do the carry handle?

Iā€™m also currently doing up a design for the mag adaptor to look like a proper belt feed. ill try and get a pic from my phone up.

2 Likes

Cheers! That makes a lot more sense, the photo you posted looked like it was done from some sort of cut metal, so at least itā€™s looking like the real thing. Iā€™ve only got a small hobby printer myself, so aside from some final touches to pretty it up, Iā€™m being pretty basic with materials.

I ended up sourcing my barrel from renegade blasters as a 50cm generic alloy unit on clearance. itā€™s too tight a fit for the aluminium block as-is, but with a grinding wheel I managed to get it on there and epoxied in place pretty well. Same deal with the spacers too - what barrel length did you go with?

Iā€™ve done similar with my top gas tube, but it looks like mine is seated slightly lower to account for the PVC thickness and just slides over the existing front sight fitting.

Will do, Iā€™m planning on getting the slicing tool out to cut some pieces off here and there, so having the file ready to go will be a huge help :slight_smile:

Nothing too special for the carry handle, I just bought a rail mounted carry handle off Aliexpress along with the extended top rail for the MP5 - works a treat. Next attachment to figure out is the bipod, I have a donor from a zb26 project that never got off the ground, so at least it gets some use here.

Looks great though, Iā€™ll be keen to see how it looks once on!

3 Likes

Not my pic but I think this would be cool to have a pseudo 19x with a compensator.

So a 19 slide on a 17 frame. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be possible. A good idea for someone to try.

Or just a G45 with a comp???

1 Like

or that :smiley: (i need 20 chars to make the minimum)

Has anyone put a wooden stock on a vector.
I like this look better than the original

You been watching Deadpool2 ? :rofl:

1 Like

Havenā€™t finished painting it yet but coming along.

1 Like

Looks pretty mean!

Donā€™t forget to straighten that front suppressor before you finish and paint :sunglasses:

Wonā€™t be the actual suppressor Iā€™ll use on it, the way it attaches doesnā€™t work with the pistols thread, just there to cover the long barrel I have on it.

I am curious as to whether Kublai P1 parts are TM compatible with their Glocks?

I think TM were a different standard for GBB parts, but I donā€™t actually own a Glock too

Some places are saying that they are compatible. this sounds so confusing for gel ballers :smiley:

Thatā€™s ā€œstandardisationā€ for ya, everyone just has to be slightly differentā€¦

It will be GLORIOUS! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

What is that, a Barrett? :thinking:

Indeed it is :+1::sweat_smile:
Will be the sister blaster to my other :grin:

That looks soooo toughā€¦ :clap:

1 Like